Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PS5 version available now, there is also update for PS4 version. Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone need to be downloaded for PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Damn steam getting hit hard getting less than a meg down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If anyone is only getting the option to pay €17-18 for the upgrade even if you qualify for the free upgrade it's because you're on the wrong version.

You've to version select to bring up the complete edition ( new name for GOTY edition) and then it's show the free upgrade to that.

This might be a digital only issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I was wondering why I wasn’t getting graphics options on my version. Nice one

• Advertisement

I’ve updated the game but my expansions are gone. Trying to download them but it’s asking me to pay. Where do I get them from

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's glorious lads. And trophies didn't migrate over so i get to go for the platinum all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s one of the most beautiful public hanging pictures I’ve ever seen, to give credit where it’s due.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PS5 store is a pain. Multiple versions, PS4/PS5.

If I am on the PS5, why the fúck would I want to download the PS4 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭McFly85

To transfer saves! You need download the ps4 version 4.0 and create a new save(old versions aren’t compatible with cloud saves) and when linked to a GOG account these saves will be available to any version you own on any device.

Its very handy, I picked up the game cheap for the steam deck recently and I can easily continue the game on each device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Can anyone help.

I've got Witcher 3 Complete edition installed and I'd like to start with a NG+ because I'd rather begin with items etc than save me running around gathering all the inventory again.

Problem is I didn't own a PS4 and I don't have a save game to transfer, I've tried downloading a few save games to transfer by USB but it has not worked for various reasons. I do have my old Xbox One save that I did use to start NG+ before, but I can hardly use it as a save on PS5?

Anyone have any ideas on the easiest way I could start would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought absence would make the heart grow fonder but nope, Roach is the worst horse in gaming. Controls like you're cycling through 2 foot deep muck.

Feels quicker to just run the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I just started back into this today with a new game. Roach is awful. You call him and he's that far away and gets stuck on something. Keeps moving so harder to mount. Then controls like ass.

The horse from Ghost of Tsushima is far better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing ps5 version, gonna go for the plat over two playthroughs. I think I might have gotten the hang of Gwent at long last.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Replaying this a little bit. Forgot how much of a prick Roach is.

The combat is also fairly awful, mostly due to the camera and lock-on. Use lock-on, and the camera swings wildly any time you dodge. Don't use lock-on, and any more than 2 enemies are near impossible to track.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

Is anyone else having this issue on the PS5? I've also tried this on a brand new controller with the same results. It makes the game unplayable for me.

Issue: When you take your hand off the left analog stick Geralt continues walking.

Does he ever stop or does he keep going with the controller released?

In other news I’m taking Gwent more seriously this time around. Best seems to be Northern Realm spy build

Actually, I don't know if I can be bothered to keep playing. Think I'm going to tap out. It's a good game and the next-gen upgrade really improves things, but between the numerous small issues I have with the game, and just knowing how much game there is in front of me (knowing that I can't really just golden path the game as I'll be underlevelled, knowing there's a huge slog in the middle, and then the fact there's the two DLCs I never played), I don't really think I want to invest that time in the game.

Yeah kind of feel the same but don't really have any other game to play at the moment. Just finished the Bloody Baron quest line and doing some quests in Velen that are now under levelled. As you said in previous post, combat is pretty bad especially the camera. The new quick signs option is handy but I'm usually just using Igni most of the time. Not really fan of how you level up your character and there are way too many crafting options.

I'll probably keep playing until Forspoken comes out ( hopefully it's actually good)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

Just keeps going and if he gets to an obstruction then he'll just walk on the spot.

Might be worth going straight to the DLCs skipping the main game

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Happening to me too. I assumed it was stick drift but I just stopped playing it and didn’t try a different controller at all (I have a brand new one as well that I’ll test later on).

Glad to hear someone else having the same issue as it means I probably don’t have to replace yet another Dualsense. Think I’m on my fifth one already, Sony should’ve been hammered for the build quality of those things, it’s a disgrace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My third attempt at this game and it has finally managed to grab me! I wish I had waited a bit though. The PS5 version's performance is quite poor which wasn't properly flagged in reviews. I am getting frequent frame drop and textures glitching or popping in. Some sections of the map cause the frame rate to tank to sub-30fps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nearly have all the gwent cards now in Novigrad area, just lamberts card left and a competition you have to pay 1000 crowns to enter, I'm wiping the floor with nearly everyone LOL, its really addictive once you get the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭quokula

Installed the next gen version of the game a few weeks ago and have now completed it, having originally beaten it at launch. Got the worst possible ending the first time round but got a good ending this time, which was satisfying as I didn’t remember that much of the main story beats and didn’t look anything up, just remember the gist of why it went wrong last time.

The gameplay hasn’t aged at all well but the story and dialogue carried me through and you start to forget how crap the combat is after a while (especially as fights become short and trivial if you do even a moderate amount of side quests and end up over levelled) and fast travel and quick load times allow you to minimise time spent dealing with Roach being awful.

My whole reason for playing was to try the DLC which I’ve never touched before, but now I’ve done the whole story and it’s had a conclusion it feels like it’d be weird to go off and do some other quests that seem completely non-canon with the way Geralt’s story ended. Doesn’t help that the DLC quests just sit there in a list along with a hundred secondary quests and Witcher contracts that I couldn’t be bothered doing.

Think I’ll give it a break for a couple of weeks, find a palate cleanser game and come back. I’d like to complete my Gwent deck too, never played it in the first game but got into it this time. I completed every available Gwent quest including the high stakes tournament and got all those unique cards but I still don’t have a full deck, I’m not sure if I need to just keep playing random merchants or if there’s some other hidden Gwent quests I haven’t hit upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The DLC is incredible, especially blood and wine as that has such a great send off of an ending, felt like the true ending to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Not doing side and witcher quests is lunacy, some of the best missions in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wow this is some game and I do not know why I stopped playing 5 years ago as that is how old my most recent save was. Only thing that annoys me so far is the horse. Call the horse and you still have to go to it rather it come to you. He also seems to be in the weirdest places when you call him. I'm also at a point where all the missions available are way ahead of my level. I went to a sign board and got a Witcher mission all good until this stronger banshee appears. I try to fight her and get her health down a third and she disappears and three lower level banshee's appear and then she comes back at full health. If I go all out and just attack her I die as she makes you lose a lot of health with one swoop. I said F this I will come back to this mission later.

Over all a great game and I'm glad I came back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have a few failed mission which annoys me. I got most of them at the start and I put it down to not knowing the game properly. They were actually before I came back to the game recently but anyway I got another failed mission this evening and it's pissing me off. I think I had a few mission on the go and instead of staying on one mission I was juggling between a few and I think one action in the mission I was on obviously affected that other mission so it failed. Annoying.

Advertisement