Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy Eating 'Hacks'

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Lettuce instead of the bread for a burrito.

collard%2Bburritos.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Mushroom Burger Buns. Pity I hate mushrooms :(

picv5tZHx.jpg

My gym partner made a big thing of inviting me over as he was making dinner and he made burgers with portobello mushrooms. That is to say, instead of a burger, it was a portobello mushroom. Very low in fat.

Shame I can't stand mushrooms which he knew but forgot. :mad:

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Lettuce instead of the bread for a burrito.

Theres a chinese dish that uses lettuce cups to wrap up the stir fry mixture. Its lovely, because the cold lettuce accts as a contrast to the hot and spicy sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

syklops wrote: »
    Theres a chinese dish that uses lettuce cups to wrap up the stir fry mixture. Its lovely, because the cold lettuce accts as a contrast to the hot and spicy sauce.

its called yuk sung (iirc) easy to make too.

Minced meat (pork or chicken/turkey is best imo)
    finely diced veggies, carrots, chillis, bamboo (maybe?) and horsechesnuts.
    regular spices, 5/7 spice, ginger garlic, chilli powder.
    Fry it all up

Deep fry some rice noodles in hot oil (angel hair pasta)
    let them cool and break into the meat,
    wrap in lettuce leaves.
    Can use a sweet fruit sauce with it, like plum/hoisin etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Made a delicious chicken curry, but instead of using rice (off rice, bread, pasta) I served it on a bed of sauteed white cabbage. Really tasty!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

That reminds me, when doing a steak, instead of using mashed potatoes, get a can of white beans like cannellini beans, heat them in a pot and mash them with S&P and a chopped clove of garlic and any herb like rosemary and a touch of milk if you want and you have super healthy (and tasty) mash with your steak.

Aida-Mollenkamp-The-Biggest-Loser-White-Bean-Cauliflower-Mash-Recipe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

My gym partner made a big thing of inviting me over as he was making dinner and he made burgers with portobello mushrooms. That is to say, instead of a burger, it was a portobello mushroom. Very low in fat.

Shame I can't stand mushrooms which he knew but forgot. :mad:

These would be the faces I would make upon being presented with a mushroom in a burger instead of meat -> :(:confused::mad:

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    These would be the faces I would make upon being presented with a mushroom in a burger instead of meat -> :(:confused::mad:

Funnily enough thats pretty much how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Funnily enough thats pretty much how it went.

burger without meat? this would be my face:
    http://memegenerator.net/instance/23929434

Advertisement