Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She's too skinny...

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I know, that's why I said:

I think it's good that the fact that slim women get insulted is being acknowledged but there seems to be a push to claim it happens more than overweight women receiving comments, something I simply don't believe.

The nature of comments differ a bit, but overweight women can receive insidious comments too, as a post by Ms. Flitworth earlier in the thread shows, as well as outrightly insulting ones.

Sorry. I picked it up wrong.

There is no way to know who gets 'comments' more to be honest.

Maybe we should be discussing what to say the to those people who through around horrible comments. Any ideas? I have often wanted to say 'stop being such a b*tch' or pass personal remarks back but didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

She has a really fast metabolism and stresses a lot about various things. For breakfast she has toast or if she's running late she gets a croissant or a danish in the shop, she has mid morning snacks then lunch is usually something like soup & sambo or pasta, for her dinner she has potatoes, veg and meat or fish. She loves chinese takeaway and chipper chips and I've seen her put away a big bag of kettle chips all by herself.

There's no hidden disorder or anything like that, she genuinely stresses about her lack of weight and how bad she looks.

Has she had blood tests done, for example for an overactive thyroid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

mood wrote: »
    Maybe we should be discussing what to say the to those people who through around horrible comments. Any ideas? I have often wanted to say 'stop being such a b*tch' or pass personal remarks back but didn't.

I dunno, there's always going to be bitchy, horrible people unfortunately, so maybe just facing them head-on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I've always just ignored it and not let it bother me but sometimes it does. If it happens again I'm going to just tell the person how rude they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

hated being called a skinny bitch in haha only joking tones, and crap like that. It hurt, the tone was sometimes jealousy but sometimes disgust. Nobody ever says anything like that directly to an overweight person's face, whatever about behind their back.
    To be fair, they do. The context is gonna be different, but it does happen. And neither is cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I've had relatives telling me that I've gotten so skinny. It's annoying but I smile and nod over most of their comments. It would annoy me way more if random strangers did it.
    I really wish people wouldn't say anything. I don't know anyone who isn't at least a little self-conscious about their weight so it's not exactly the nicest compliment someone can give.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Magenta wrote: »
    Has she had blood tests done, for example for an overactive thyroid?

She had tests done years ago, don't know whether thyroid was done but she does go to the doctor if she needs to.

Advertisement