Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victory!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Fair play, just keep at it :) I'm learning to drive too, and I'm really nervous because I had a little accident before Christmas, so my victory is that I'm starting to get my driving mojo back :D

Good for you! :) This morning's practice went much better, Sunday morning driving is pleasant, all the lights are in your favour. Feeling a lot more confident.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I finally got to go to a Man U game this weekend after being a fan for 20 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was at a party at the weekend and they put a fried food platter next to me, and despite strong urges, I didn't binge and purge. First time I've managed that at a party in aaaages!

And I got a job interview for tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I bought an entirely wheat-free load of shopping, full of fresh food and a kilo of porridge oats for 93c :cool:

I also worked out a plan of action for study this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Fair play, just keep at it :) I'm learning to drive too, and I'm really nervous because I had a little accident before Christmas, so my victory is that I'm starting to get my driving mojo back :D

I'm always lurking on this forum but here's my first post(I think). In reference to the driving victory's I had one yesterday too.

I some how passed my test last November but yesterday was my first solo trip-I'm so nervous I just always felt I couldn't do it on my own but I did and it felt good, nerve wracking but good. I just have to keep at it now!

Victory for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Got my insurance company to drop my quote by €100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I found ten euro I'd forgotten I had! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

After an absolutely shitty week last week and a relatively ****e Monday, I've just booked summer flights to Bermuda and Miami with my best friend. I don't think I've ever needed the dream of a big crazy ridiculous summer holiday so badly.

Mission Bikini Body is ON ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Kicked ass on my presentation today! I am presentation queen :cool:

In work half an hour early! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 LemonWorld

After 5 months of arguing and 2 complaints to the PRTB, I finally got my deposit back from my old landlord! In full too! Persistence pays! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Got my little 5% sticker in Weight Watchers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I spoke to my little sister who lives in Hungary for the first time in about three weeks today.

She kicked the absolute sh1t into me over this stupid boy who ended it with me last week, told me to cop on and know my worth in the loveliest way and that I was a big ride who deserves way more.

Little sister 1: stupid boy 0.

I love that girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

I spent the day having a nice time with my family. Doesn't happen often so it was definitely a victory for us. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

I stood up for myself today. ....a rare thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

I paid off my summer holidays today in full 5 months in advance! Yus!!! \o/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Yesetday:
    -Stopped procrastinating, got up off my ass and went to three museums. :)
    -Took a ton of photographs and gave my camera a good airing.
    -Ate some sushi for the first time in months.

TodaY:
    -Signed up for O2 Priority tickets so hopefully I'll get tickets to Beyonce and not have to suffer the indignity of missing out on an artist I like, like what happened with Pink. :(
    -ATE ALL THE CHOCOLATE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Great idea for a thread!

I tweeted about women's rights.
    I complained to a website about an article detrimental to women.
    I was good to my skin - cleansed,toned and moisturised!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

I had a good day at work, beating targets and whatnot! And am currently organising things for a work thing in 2 weeks, trying to do little and often instead of all those late nighters I know I tend to do, wooh!

(I might also cleanse and tone later! ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I had a breakthrough in counselling...SUCCESS!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I participated in my class for just under five minutes completely off the bat, and didn't even realise I was speaking French. The fact that at times I get to the point where speaking French feels almost as natural as English makes me so very happy.

I've kept myself out of harms way for 7 months now.... every day that is a little victory.
    ...cos it would be much easier to just go home

I was extremely mature and diplomatic, and exercises a heck of an amount of self restraint, in a situation I normally wouldn't do that in.

My car passed the nct :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Did a proper 25 minute run today without stopping! I've given up on the C25k 2 or 3 times over the years before I got to the proper running stage but today I was stressed, when F*** it and just did it. And I did it at a fairly fast pace too :D

Spoke to someone who intimidates me........but I did not cave in :)

Advertisement