Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 metre HDMI cable €5.99 in Lidl. from 28th of january

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

gerbo wrote: »
    Have you learned anything from this thread?

I would say that he was the first person to make the "quality" joke that always arises from these HDMI discussions.

Hence the :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

They have HDMI cables here that have 1 x 90° connector (which is all you need really).
    Prices are the following for the different sizes. There are also many more sizes available.

1 Mtr = £1.85
    2.5 Mtr = £2.60
    5 Mtr = £4.99
    10 Mtr = £7.49

Use Parcel Motel for free delivery :)

Actually, I needed a 270° connector, people should check that before rushing out to buy a 90°. Anyway the nearest Parcel Motel is 50 miles away, Lidl is 500 yds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

bmaxi wrote: »
    Actually, I needed a 270° connector, people should check that before rushing out to buy a 90°. Anyway the nearest Parcel Motel is 50 miles away, Lidl is 500 yds.

I needed a 270° connector too. Got one of those 90° ones but when I tried to use it, the swivel head was pointing the wrong way. Needed those extra 180° to turn it the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

This thread should be renamed to:

"2 euro hdmi cable - good, more than 2 euro hdmi cable - bad" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I'm in.

...although Dutch Gold is beer, not paint.

That's your opinion.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Anyone know if this cable is v1.4? My old v1.3 HDMI cables won't carry a 3D signal image from my media box to my TV because it isn't rated for it.

It says suitable for 3d on packet. I got the last 3 in Dundalk today!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

93Cab wrote: »
    It says suitable for 3d on packet. I got the last 3 in Dundalk today!

Did you get the gold paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Was in Lidl Greystones today and they had plenty of them....also some 6-socket non-surge protected trailing sockets. Got one of each just in case they run out :pac:

Couldn't find the 270degree ones as previously mentioned - would have come in handy cause my TV is turned upside down :P

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dodzy wrote: »
    The comments are awesome!
    Notch000 wrote: »
    2E shop all thae way, buy a spare one if your dubious about one breaking after a couple of yrs
    I bought 2 spare ones, as you can never have enough HDMI cables, esp when anything that uses them rarely comes with one!
    So are worth a the money if space is tight behind your equipment.
    You're putting the cable where??? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the_syco wrote: »
    The comments are awesome!
    While test equipment is excellent at tracking control errors or ensuring data pass through, no computer can compete with the human ear when it comes to perceiving the subtle but crucial audio errors and distortion that can reduce the enjoyment of your home theater system.
    FFS

stuff that uses HDMI uses Forward Error Control
    you either get 100% of the audio bits at the receiver or you fall off the digital cliff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Advertisement