Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid Life Crisis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

€100k? I'm not gay but I'll try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

hfallada wrote: »
    First of don't do my father and try finding your purpose in life in things a majority of people would call cults.

Such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

100K!?

Why the hell are you still in this rainy depressing misery ridden corruption riddled sh!t hole?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I never knew people could be so gullable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

orestes wrote: »
    Step 1: Quit job.
    Step 2: Pack bag.
    Step 3: Go to airport.
    Step 4: Get ticket to the next flight to anywhere.
    Step 5: Who the fukk knows, that's the fun part.

I've always wanted to do this, but you have to exclude Knock and Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Ok so I've got in excess of a decade on you, nothing in the bank, 2 kids (24/17 both still at home) and a Husband who I rarely see due to his long hours, about to become a Granny and unemployed (long-term :()for the the first time in my adult life!! Now that's a mid-life crises!! Take a holiday, an activity type based one where you will meet like-minded souls, have a party, tell your mates to bring some friends. widen your social circle....find a hobby, you have enough to fund it!! And in the true tradition of the Irish Mammy, take a career break....you'd be foolish imo to resign from any job that allows you to maintain such savings in this climate!! Good Luck and enjoy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Go out, get some hookers, do some drugs, be grand.

That should take care of the 100 grand part anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Quit the job and with the free time go on a ****-a-thon.

Then we might finally get an answer to that age old question: Just how many consecutive masturbation sessions can a man have before his cock and balls fall off?

You might even be awarded a Honorary doctorate from Tyne and Wirrel Institute of Medical Studies or some other sh!tty College nobody has ever heard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

You are only a young un.

Go out, get some hookers, do some drugs, be grand.

so were agreed then... hookers and blow OP, now get to it time is running out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Sorry if this was said before.

Would it be possible to go on a career break for a number of years? Do loads of traveling? Holidays you always wanted to go on? Having the cash is an obvious big bonus. If you can afford to blow a chunk of it then go for it.

If it all works out well then you have just made yourself a new life and if it goes belly up, then go back to your day job.

Enjoy it, all means fock all in the end anyway and no matter what the out come I'll bet anything you wont regret going crazy for awhile.

*If you are looking for a life guidance my rates start at a bag of coke and 200 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Go for a long sunny holiday OP and have some promiscuous encounters with some beautiful woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

buy a house, they can only go up in value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Sky King wrote: »
    100K!?

Why the hell are you still in this rainy depressing misery ridden corruption riddled sh!t hole?

Yeah, at least the sun shines in other misery-ridden corruption-ridden sh1t holes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

First of don't do my father and try finding your purpose in life in things a majority of people would call cults. Don't do anything philosophy course or anything like that unless their university run. Even if they seem legit in reality they're very cult like.

Do you have a good balance between work and job? Do you have any hobbies? Like you 36 I would hardly call that mid life. Your still at a age when you'll find a wife no problems at all.

36 is most definitely mid life, men don't live much past 72.

First of don't do my father and try finding your purpose in life in things a majority of people would call cults. Don't do anything philosophy course or anything like that unless their university run. Even if they seem legit in reality they're very cult like.

Do you have a good balance between work and job? Do you have any hobbies? Like you 36 I would hardly call that mid life. Your still at a age when you'll find a wife no problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Gauss wrote: »
    Gauss wrote: »

OK, you're able to divide numbers, we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

orestes wrote: »
    Step 1: Quit job.
    Step 2: Pack bag.
    Step 3: Go to airport.
    Step 4: Get ticket to the next flight to anywhere.
    Step 5: Who the fukk knows, that's the fun part.

Step 6. Realise you need a visa for that particular country
    Step 7. Detained
    Step 8. Go home and apply for a visa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

Midlife paradise more like it.

Seriously OP, pop down your local hospital's ICU or Oncology wards during visiting hours someday and you'll see people your age that have a genuine crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Go up to a homeless person and ask them to swap lives with you, hand over everything you own to them, then walk in there shoes for two weeks, make sure you get them to sign something saying they have to hand back whatever is left in 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

36 is too young for a mid life crisis.

• Advertisement

anncoates wrote: »

Not if your going to die at 72.

anncoates wrote: »

Why do people keep saying that? It's roughly at the half way point of your life, hence MID LIFE crisis.

Unless of course part of the mid life crisis is being deluded that you are in mid life and not young anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The mid life bit is a misnomer. It's usually people in their 40s or 50s that display the symptoms of mid life crisis, as in a compulsion to act younger than they are to the detriment of their current life or relationships.

This is just some relatively young guy navel gazing and letting people know he has savings..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

If I had €100k I wouldn't be posting on here.

You should give €100 to the 1st 100 posters on this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

Not if your going to die at 72.

By that logic, it's fine for a ten year old to have a midlife crisis as long as they are dead by 20.
    You should give €100 to the 1st 100 posters on this thread.

I second that motion. €2000 would change my life right now.

I'm due €2000 as I posted twice.

Bad Santa wrote: »
    By that logic, it's fine for a ten year old to have a midlife crisis as long as they are dead by 20.

This is true, I do not intend to have mine till I am 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Bad Santa wrote: »

I second that motion. €2000 would change my life right now.

I'm due €2000 as I posted twice.

Except they said €100 to the poster.

(there's still 40 posts to go before it hits 100. ;) +100 for me :) )

Grayson wrote: »
    Except they said €100 to the poster.

(there's still 40 posts to go before it hits 100. ;) +100 for me :) )

Everyone send me there bank details, I will forward them to the OP and get things started.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Chao

Grayson wrote: »
    100k? Dude, go backpacking for a few years. (I'm not saying you'll discoiver yourself before people jump on me).

If your life is getting you down, then get away from it. Go back packing because at least that way you'll meet people. You tend to meet more people in hostels than hotels.

Hang around a beach in thailand for a few months. Then go to Oz for a while. Stop off in india for a while. Go to south america and drink rum on a carribean beach whilst salsa dancing till the sun comes up.

You sound like you just need to get away from everything for an extended period of time. It's not like the money will do you any good unless you spend it and you'll never get a chance to do something like this unless you do it now.

And If youy go for 3 years, you'll probably still have 2/3 of your money when you get back. If you get back. You might end up settling down with some colombian beauty :)

You've just given me an idea...

• Advertisement

Chao wrote: »
    You've just given me an idea...

Your fooked so.

Advertisement