Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My prison ideas: (Possibly Hitlerish) but read anyway

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

From an article on the prison in Norway

'I believe the UK is going in the wrong direction - down a completely mad and hopeless path, because you still insist on revenge by putting people into harsh prison conditions which harm them mentally and they leave a worse threat to society than when they entered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bloody hell, I honestly find it genuinely terrifying that people who think like this are allowed to vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

orestes wrote: »
    Bloody hell, I honestly find it genuinely terrifying that people who think like this are allowed to vote.

Like me (normal people) and / or (reasonable people) or the bleeding-heart liberals on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Like me (normal people) and / or (reasonable people) or the bleeding-heart liberals on here?

I think he was talking about you, dude.

I'm all for saving money, but needless punishment can only lead to pointless and expensive litigation.

It's a bit silly really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

You're normal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Most of these "people" are animals.

what an idiotic statement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

cows are treated better at abattoirs

Not just at abattoirs. Sure they get the tits sucked off them at the dairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You really consider putting forward a proposition that you yourself described as Hitlerish to be normal or reasonable? I wouldn't, I'd call it downright bloody disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Spunge wrote: »
    what an idiotic statement

Want to back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Cian92 wrote: »
    Want to back that up?

backup the claim that most criminals are "animals". i dont think i need to. but keep the sensationalism coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

How about instead of a prison cell you have to spend all your time locked inside one of those festival portaloos. Surely no one would ever commit a crime if the thought the might have to spend a few years locked inside one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

What if instead of work or standing up, they say fvck off?

they get knee capped, "but they only have 2 kneecaps" I hear you say, well they will have learned their lesson after two knee cappings I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Not sure. There is a prison in the UAE (Saudi Arabia) that is like a 5 star hotel with education etc. They have almost zero reoffending and very successful outcomes.

However, the inmates are political prisoners rather than criminals so the results might not work in a normal prison.

Saudi is not in the UAE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Cian92 wrote: »
    Want to back that up?

I know, right? Imagine labelling garlic as apples. Mislabelling scum of the earth, should be tortured with a blow torch and then strung up instead of getting a cushy 6 years with their feet up being fed peeled grapes and playing xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

IM0 wrote: »
    they get knee capped, "but they only have 2 kneecaps" I hear you say, well they will have learned their lesson after two knee cappings I think

Ní ceapaim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think we need to make a giant lava pit and then build the prison over the lava pit ok guys, pay attention. Then we feed them bowls of lava ok and then if they dont finish their bowl of lava i take out my whip and i whip them untill they finish the bowl of lava also my whip is made of lava. I was thinking we could call the place Lava Prison !

aw yeah and we can have guards made out of lava !! !! ! !! 1 1!!!!!!!!! one !!!! !!!!!!!11213111!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'll just drop this in.

My wife was taking a work call in town one day and a scumbag knocked her flying and robbed her phone.

Last year my house was broken into at night and i'd my car stolen, laptop and money taken.

Insurance paid out for the car so we added our savings to get a nicer, newer car....had it 3 days and a scumbag joyrider hit me while being pursued by the garda at 3p.m on a friday afternoon on the m50.

Last friday i came out from work to find some scumbags had taken a crowbar and made sh*te of the back door of my van....broke the handle, lock is fcuked and now i can't get into the back at all.

Go ahead and rehabilitate these w*nkers all you like but everyone from a young age knows the difference between right and wrong....these c*nts will never do a days work in their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Lets reopen Spike Island, but let the prisoners rule themselves as inspired by "escape from new york"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Seaneh wrote: »
    Saudi is not in the UAE.

Oh, you're right. Thanks.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Go ahead and rehabilitate these w*nkers all you like but everyone from a young age knows the difference between right and wrong....these c*nts will never do a days work in their life.

For years people were kneecapped for this sort of anti-social behaviour in Belfast and Derry. It didn't work. As soon as they could walk again they were back out steeling cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

mfceiling wrote: »

No, you knew the difference. i know of two lads who's dad had them delivering heroin when they were 10. They both grew up to be dealers/enforcers. They're both dead.

They were by any standards, scum. But they also never had a chance. Maybe if there was better rehab etc in irish prisons they might have gotten out. But at the moment irish prisons lock violent offenders up with other violent offenders and think that it'll all work out ok. And the public think out of sight, out of mind.

But when we lock someone up and take away their freedom, we become responsible for them. The state is responsible for every aspect of their existence. If I gave you responsibility for a guy for 10 years and gave you the resources of the state, and you did nothing except lock him up, who's fault is it that he leaves in the same condition he went in.

Lets reopen Spike Island, but let the prisoners rule themselves as inspired by "escape from new york"

Or we have death race. But with scalectrix.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Grayson wrote: »
    But when we lock someone up and take away their freedom, we become responsible for them. The state is responsible for every aspect of their existence. If I gave you responsibility for a guy for 10 years and gave you the resources of the state, and you did nothing except lock him up, who's fault is it that he leaves in the same condition he went in.

HIS OWN FUPPIN FAULT:mad: Its not yours, mine, or the governments. We all have free will, and we all have to take the consequences of our actions, right or wrong. No amount of "rehabilitation" will take away the fact that some people purposely choose to do wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anyone have a link to the nordic experimental open prison that cut recidivism by 80% our something really high? On the mobile so can't find out.
    Why not do that instead. High up front cost but lowers crime and the future associated cost.

... and therein the idea dies (despite it actually working).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

For years people were kneecapped for this sort of anti-social behaviour in Belfast and Derry. It didn't work. As soon as they could walk again they were back out steeling cars.

Semi-true, but as a counter argument Derry is a place that fits the bill perfectly to have a major heroin problem, high unemployment, deprivation, a police force traditionally "outsiders" and a rate of prescribed drugs such as antidepressants. It doesn't at all and there's a reason for that (another unpopular opinion would be its because of the CC and mass going :P )

newmug wrote: »
    HIS OWN FUPPIN FAULT:mad: Its not yours, mine, or the governments. We all have free will, and we all have to take the consequences of our actions, right or wrong. No amount of "rehabilitation" will take away the fact that some people purposely choose to do wrong.

So if I train an animal to attack on sight, who's fault is it when it attacks? The reason you don't attack people or steal is because of the environment you grew up in.

Here's an article about one of norways open prisons. They have drug smugglers, murderers, embezzlers... pretty much all types of criminals.

It's from the daily mail, so you know it can't have a "liberal" slant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1384308/Norways-controversial-cushy-prison-experiment--catch-UK.html

There's one interesting line where someone says something along the lines of "if I'm going to have an ex con live near me, I'd prefer him to come from a prison like this rather than a closed prison"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can;t beleive the Mail was so neutral, let alone open minded. There is hope.

what it boils down to is one qustion: what do you wat your justice system to achieve?

Retirbution and punishment? Then don't blame anyone else when criminals come out and start reoffendeing. Fear does not work! even the most braindead of morons should have copped on to this by now.

Rehabilitation? Well, if not, then how do you prepare for criminals coming out of jail. if you beleive there is no hope? You can't give everyone a life snetence.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Retirbution and punishment? Then don't blame anyone else when criminals come out and start reoffendeing. Fear does not work! even the most braindead of morons should have copped on to this by now.
    Worse, it becomes a rite of passage, the mark of a 'hard man'. I've seen this in real life.

Semi-true, but as a counter argument Derry is a place that fits the bill perfectly to have a major heroin problem, high unemployment, deprivation, a police force traditionally "outsiders" and a rate of prescribed drugs such as antidepressants. It doesn't at all and there's a reason for that (another unpopular opinion would be its because of the CC and mass going :P )

Yes but the threat of kneecapping or execution doesn't reform a criminal... just that they have found ways to make money with much less hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Sorry if this has been done before but my thread searching hasn't yielded anything similar ;)

Prisons should be (for both men and women):

7 a.m. wake up and have breakfast of porridge or cereal and a glass of water.

8 a.m. off to work (for no pay, slave labour to save money for country)

Can you elaborate?

12 or 1 p.m. Lunch of porridge and a glass of water

After 4 hours of lunch the lads would be starvin!

5 p.m. return and have dinner (meat and or veg) and a glass of water.

6 p.m. back into cell (with bed folded up) prisoners must stand up in cell for 3 hours (this will be monitored by prison guards periodically passing through the corridors, got this idea from Locked Up Abroad, Japan).

Is this just to annoy/punish them?

9 p.m. prisoner allowed to lie down.

Would they be allowed some 'me' time here? :D

10 p.m. lights out.

Visits once per week, 3 hours at a time.

Radio and telly allowed 1 hour per week.

Orange jumpsuits for uniforms

What do you think ??

As a by the way, if one was to come into some money, could he or she open up his or her own building and run a private establishment charge the government for housing inmates, and do it for a fraction of the price that the goverment-based prison services will do it for, again, creating jobs and saving government money.

DISCUSS, and keep it civil (sorry for doing your job there mods <<<<< Hope the boards union won't mind :P :p )

A little hitlerish, but something has to be done, sweeping the streets or some sort of labour to help the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement