Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

More than just her, nuxxx. The writing doesn't help.

No spoilers, but I wonder how many people are going to ragequit the show if/when the dome origins are revealed? (I think it could be a final straw for many)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Totally agree Mr E , I find myself shaking my head at what I'm hearing/seeing each episode. Really makes you appreciate the genius of shows like Breaking Bad. I'm not trying to compare the two because that's unfair, but is a decent script not a plausible expectation from these so called "Professional" directors/writers.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens in the finale. I think Barbie is a good actor doing the best he can with the character he's been given. The black guy playing the DJ is decent too. After those I'm struggling to think of anyone who are believable in their roles.

I think a major flaw is they never really defined the border of the dome, there is no sence of perspective at all of the area. Randomly there's encounters with town folk who just seem to appear from no where, it really is confusing and really poorly delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Always have to laugh at how no one talks to each other.

None of Big Jim's helpers question what he's looking for in the barn since it's clearly not Barbie. And Barbie doesn't say anything to Linda about how he didn't kill the other people and that he was busy trying to kidnap Julia when Dodie was murdered.

I know it was done as a way to show just how evil Jim is, but I'm happy they killed Dodie. She was annoying. Of course if they killed off all annoying characters in the series, it wouldn't leave many.

Not a fan of the dj either. He was grand for a while then last week he just randomly told Linda everything

Interesting that the military know about the egg. Be funny if next week the butterfly comes out of the coccoon and is then just a normal butterfly stuck in the sphere (Still don't know why they still call it a dome when they can see it isn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Boreddotcom

Where and when is this on tv? Or is it just online? I wana watch
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Where and when is this on tv? Or is it just online? I wana watch
    :eek:

RTE2 have just started it this evening.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10198220/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I kinda like the new episode. Moreso for how the story is evolving rather that the dialogue and acting.

There are some things that irk me though.

How can everyone just be so comfortable and conscience free about murder all of a sudden?
    Where have all the Hired Goons appeared from?

Hired goons?
    :)

Yeah it is always funny how many people are there to take up arms for whoever wants them, no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I think the cliffhangers for the last 4 or 5 episodes have just been that stupid egg glowing or doing something but we never find out what it is actually doing. Come up with a new cliff hanger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

The only cliffhanger is finding out why your man from breaking bad agreed to be in such a god-awful tv show. Its like something you would expect to find at 3 am on the sci fi channel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

jd83 wrote: »
    The only cliffhanger is finding out why your man from breaking bad agreed to be in such a god-awful tv show. Its like something you would expect to find at 3 am on the sci fi channel.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Pity this show turned into such turgid rubbish.

On the other hand, if anyone's interested and looking for something Stephen King-ish, Haven's back just in time...

how can they call that a finale :( rubbish of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I haven't started watching this, decided to read a bit before deciding, but it looks like as the show progressed it started to tank. So, what's the consensus? Anything here worth sticking around for, or should I just pass?

So it seems like I made the right choice in jumping ship early on?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The finale was a normal episode with a normal cliffhanger ending, and very little revealed about the Dome. I could take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That was a finale? LOL

I'd say to definitely avoid it, even something like falling skies where its generally considered a "meh" series, the production/acting/script is 10 times better than it is in this show. Like someone said earlier it is like a Z series TV show you'd find on the sci fi channel in the middle of the night.

How Dean Norris ended up in this I`ll never know

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I stuck with this in the hope it would improve, and also I hate not knowing the end of things. I was wrong. Worst season finale I've ever seen.

The annoying thing is, I'd still like to know how it ends, but it's so shît it probably won't get a second season, so ill never find out what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Decided to stick with it but that ending. :eek:

I think this guy has some stock phrase that might describe it:
    4tXU0.jpg

It's official: Linda's the stupidest character on this show, just ahead of Phil and the rest of the town that don't question why Julia's helping the man that supposedly attempted to kill her.

Of course, it did make me think of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's official: Linda's the stupidest character on this show, just ahead of Phil and the rest of the town that don't question why Julia's helping the man that supposedly attempted to kill her.

I reckon I've enjoyed this series more than most everyone else here, but I agree wholeheartedly about Linda - I can't remember a worse character, played so awfully. They either need to replace the actress or kill off the character in Season 2. She's just abysmal.

A strange finale for sure, it felt more like a penultimate episode tbh. Still, despite the few quibbles I have about the show, I'll be tuning in for the second season to see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Terrible, won't be back for Season 2, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Really bad Season finale. However I loved Linda getting zapped by the mini dome :D. Unfortunately it didnt make her any more intelligent.

Also I loved how the writers wanted to ram home how stupid Linda by having that scene where Big Jim is telling her about the pink stars and literally has to show her a drawing to let her know what he is talking about.

I'd say Linda gets hours of entertainment from shiny things

Terrible, won't be back for Season 2, that's for sure.

Somebody likes it!

http://screenrant.com/under-the-dome-season-2-renewal-stephen-king/

I stuck with this in the hope it would improve, and also I hate not knowing the end of things. I was wrong. Worst season finale I've ever seen.

The annoying thing is, I'd still like to know how it ends, but it's so shît it probably won't get a second season, so ill never find out what happens.

You will find out!

http://screenrant.com/under-the-dome-season-2-renewal-stephen-king/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats a monarch butterfly, we have to get it out of there before it hurts itself, or worse!
    Seriously what the fcuk? How did gimp child make that leap? Where is this rubbish coming from? Did anyone involved with this show read the Stephen King novel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thargor wrote: »
    Seriously what the fcuk? How did gimp child make that leap? Where is this rubbish coming from? Did anyone involved with this show read the Stephen King novel?

Was King himself involved at all?

Truly terrible stuff , at one point Miss Calex was screaming at the TV asking why Julia couldn't just go on the raido to say it wasn't Barbie who shot her :rolleyes:

Anyway I really hope this never comes back, like I said before if HBO/Starz had got this it would have been a whole other show, with characters as dark and maybe as interesting as the book.

If this has the same end the book had then folks should give up now,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

If this is going multi-season, it should really go for the piss-take angle - backed up sewage leading to cholera for the bad actors (thats why we need an epidemic) and a very smelly and angry populace. A quicker than you'd think reversal to the middle ages in the modern US. Bullets are only useful once - rope, iron and superstition last forever. Actually... crown a King then have it covered live from outside the dome on CNN. "Game of Thrones meets Breaking Bad" is the pitch. The guy who wrote The Stand might sue but in this case probably not.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I reckon I've enjoyed this series more than most everyone else here, but I agree wholeheartedly about Linda - I can't remember a worse character, played so awfully. They either need to replace the actress or kill off the character in Season 2. She's just abysmal.

A strange finale for sure, it felt more like a penultimate episode tbh. Still, despite the few quibbles I have about the show, I'll be tuning in for the second season to see what happens.

I'm in the same boat as you, I've enjoyed this show quite a bit. I like the story, the premise, the evolution and want to see where is goes. I've enjoyed all this but have had to at times ignore how it's been played out with the dodge acting, the extreme coincidences, the over the top america f*ck-yeahness, the overuse of the word propane.
    I'll be also tuning in for S02.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If this is going multi-season, it should really go for the piss-take angle - backed up sewage leading to cholera for the bad actors (thats why we need an epidemic) and a very smelly and angry populace. A quicker than you'd think reversal to the middle ages in the modern US. Bullets are only useful once - rope, iron and superstition last forever. Actually... crown a King then have it covered live from outside the dome on CNN. "Game of Thrones meets Breaking Bad" is the pitch. The guy who wrote The Stand might sue but in this case probably not.

Stephen King was responsible for both The Stand and Under the Dome ;)

Advertisement