Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia EOS (WP with true Pureview) [Now Nokia 1020]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Actually Jimmy, have you heard any whisperings of a 64gb version being released unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

wilser wrote: »
    Is anybody using this on emobile with 4g?
    Due an upgrade but the 1020 is marked on the website as not having 4g,the 925 is marked as 4g compatible.

If for some reason the 1020 isn't 4g with emobile is the 925 much of a step down?
    Thanks

The 1020 does have 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Actually Jimmy, have you heard any whisperings of a 64gb version being released unlocked?

Should be next year:-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Should be next year:-)

I think I might settle on 32gb in that case, I'd quite like to pick one up before xmas :cool:

I think I might settle on 32gb in that case, I'd quite like to pick one up before xmas :cool:

Best option,no point in waiting around on it.

• Advertisement

Best option,no point in waiting around on it.

Yeap, was half thinking of picking it up in germany off o2 but as it doesnt come in white and has that annoying o2 splash screen on boot that's me out.

Now to find a decent price on an unlocked 32gb white 1020. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Now to find a decent price on an unlocked 32gb white 1020. :cool:

Plenty of options between €550 - €590. Is that 'decent'? :pac:

€550 is the target, haven't found anywhere i'd trust at that price though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

€550 is the target, haven't found anywhere i'd trust at that price though.

€553 delivered in white. http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00E0G3R8W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A167EEIELTDYTC

Davy wrote: »

Sorry not gonna play with french (in this case hong kong) based 3rd party amazon sellers.

• Advertisement

Sorry not gonna play with french (in this case hong kong) based 3rd party amazon sellers.

Ah no faith :p

Guess you wouldn't go for opened box either then for slightly cheaper.......?

Ah no faith :p

Guess you wouldn't go for opened box either then for slightly cheaper.......?

No chance, thank you for the effort though :cool:

No chance, thank you for the effort though :cool:

I will do some digging for you ive plenty of friends in this field,home and abroad,White is nice.,price maybe an issue but leave it with me,

Jeez thanks Jimmy, you are a legend.

http://www.expansys.com/nokia-lumia-1020-free-accessories-yellow-256696/
    Your Nokia Lumia 1020 (yellow) includes a FREE accessories bundle. Only 30 in stock, once they're gone, they're gone!

The accessory bundle* includes:

Wireless Charging Pad (Nokia DT-900)
    Nokia Wireless Charging Cover (CC-3066)
    Camera Grip (PD-95G)
    Tripod (KVRM90)

*Please note the accessories are black.

Not amazing, but might suit some. 21 left - £559

Wow, seems like a great deal considering the cost of those accesories.

Wow, seems like a great deal considering the cost of those accesories.

The phone is yellow, higher priced than other retailers, and the accessories are in black so that's why i said not amazing. You have to be ok with the previous conditions

lead-004.jpg

I do find expansys to be expensive personally but I couldn't see the colour of the accesories putting people off.

The phone is yellow, higher priced than other retailers, and the accessories are in black so that's why i said not amazing. You have to be ok with the previous conditions

lead-004.jpg

Agreed i prefer the yellow myself ,dont like the mix and match scene,ive all the yellow accessories for mine and love it.

So, any reason to not pick up a 1020 when i'm in germany?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'm looking to buy the O2 variant on prepay (black), since it has 64 GB of memory, but has anyone managed to buy it and get it unlocked? I'm not on O2 but I really want this phone!

So, any reason to not pick up a 1020 when i'm in germany?

No :)

No :)

zero compatibility issues with our networks? any idea if it's the same phone we would buy here only with an eu plug?

zero compatibility issues with our networks? any idea if it's the same phone we would buy here only with an eu plug?

will work fine.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy the O2 variant on prepay (black), since it has 64 GB of memory, but has anyone managed to buy it and get it unlocked? I'm not on O2 but I really want this phone!

Not possible to unlock yet.

No issues, its not the exact same as what you get here but nothing that will make any difference. The charger is different like you said, just get a shaver adapter and use it that way, or remove the cable and just use from usb etc. The model will CV DE so will have some different apps from the start but after removing, and setting up in English you wont have any issues.

Cheers gents, definite food for thought.

Not possible to unlock yet.

Thanks; not the news I was looking for but I appreciate the quick response. I guess I'll have to get it sim free from somewhere online.

By the way, is it me or are the prices for the 1020 sim free ridiculously expensive? I was thinking of getting it from Amazon UK but I don't trust the 3rd party sellers.

I decided to go ahead and buy it in black from Amazon DE. It was cheaper than buying it in this country and less hassle trying to get it unlocked but I have to wait about a week and a half for it to arrive; I just want it now! lol

Anyway, I'll post again once it arrives. :)

• Advertisement

Bought it in cyberport today, haven't even set it up though as i'm too busy/lazy to bother going through the German menus :P will get it sorted later....it's a lot lighter than my l920, which is neither a plus nor a minus for me as the l920 didn't exactly weigh a lot but that's the extent of the feedback i can provide until i set the phone up.

Advertisement