Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia EOS (WP with true Pureview) [Now Nokia 1020]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Check out the link below for some full resolution pictures, looks very impressive :-)

http://press.nokia.com/media/626/photo/list/1014/nokia-lumia-1020-2/?tpage=100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Only mention I've seen of international availability is from the Irish times; The Lumia 1020 will go on sale later this month in the US, with China and “key European markets” getting the handset later in this quarter.

As I come to another upgrade point, I find myself faced with another really attractive and hyped up Nokia with features that really appeal - but no real availability info for Ireland and no pricing details.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Full specs - just a shame it's running a previous gen CPU.

Networks:
    GSM: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
    WCDMA: 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 850 MHz, 900 MHz
    LTE network bands 1, 3, 7, 20, 8
    HSPA+ DL Cat 24, Dual Carrier 42.1 Mbps/UL Cat5.76 Mbps
    Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB internal user memory, 7GB Skydrive cloud storage
    Display: 4.5 inch AMOLED WXGA (1280 x 768) 2.5D sculpted glass Gorilla Glass 3, PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch for nail and glove usage
    Processor: 1.5 Ghz dual-core Snapdragon (no word on which snapdragon processor though)
    Camera: PureView 41 MP sensor with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6 lens optics, High resolution zoom 3x, Autofocus, Xenon Flash, LED for video, 1080p video at 30 fps, Includes Nokia Pro Camera mode and Nokia Smart Camera Mode.
    Secondary Camera: HD 1.2 Megapixel wide angle
    Dimensions: 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm, 158 grams
    Connectivity: USB 2.0, BT 3.0, NFC with SIM based security, WLAN a/b/g/n, A-GPS and Glonass, 3.5 mm audio connector
    Battery: 2000 mAh battery, Wireless Charging supported via accessory cover
    Audio: IHF speakers, 2 microphones, HD voice compliant, 3.5mm AV connector
    Colors: Yellow, White, Black
    Operating times:
    Maximum talk time (3G): 13.3 h
    Standby time: 16 Days
    Video Playback time: 6.8 hours
    Music Playback time: 63 hours
    Key Features:
    - Here Location and Mapping Service: Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+, free HERE transit available in the store
    - 41 Megapixel sensor captures the sharpest images with details never though possible from a smartphone
    - Nokia Pro Camera boosts creativity through simple and easy to user controls usually reserved for the expert photographer
    - Nokia Rich Recording delivers distortion free stereo audio in the loudest environments
    - Comes with the only fully integrated and true offline Global maps experience from the HERE location suite
    Nokia original accessories:
    - Nokia Camera Grip PD-95G:
    Confidence to take the perfect shot
    * Built-in extra battery for longer usage
    * Ergonomic grip with a two-stage camera key
    * Universal tripod-mount
    - Nokia Wireless Charging Cover CC-3066:
    Effortless Wireless charging is just a snap away
    * enable wireless charging with form fitting Qi compliant snap-on cover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I wouldn't be overly worried about the chip set. Windows phone doesn't need a lot to ruin smoothly. I'm sure it will handle every app with ease and load pages quick enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Meteor and emobile not stocking the 1020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Blut2

€800! The zoom is retailing at "only" €540. http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-galaxy-s4-zoom-white-250799/

Zoom is far more unlikely to be picked up by a network though, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Preorders at €800 are similar to the preorder madness when the Lumia 920 dribbled onto the market in October / November / December last year. Now the prices for the 920 are finally reasonable. As long as Nokia don't flip up the supply of these phones like they did last year then prices will stabilize very quickly - give it a few weeks of general availability and id say you'll see reasonable prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Meteor and emobile not stocking the 1020

Telefonica have first dibs

Davy wrote: »
    Telefonica have first dibs

3 and Vodafone say they don't know, but 3 know dam well they won't sell hope to get a look at road map's shortly.
    3 UK have said they will sell it now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

3 ireland for whatever reason will not stock Nokia lumia phones.

They won't sell here. Most sales people are damn to ignorant to know their job :) windows phone and lumia is a scary mountain to them + add all the screaming faulty lumia 800 owners and you get some one who won't sell one cause they have a bad rep since the first model.

Guess we will see

Articles seem to suggest it will be hitting the UK in September.

Nokia are scoring an own goal here with this release. Why not give the thing a proper worldwide release instead of all this nonsense of staggering the release? Especially bizarre considering that no one in the US actually buys Nokia's phones.

"Telefónica today announced a global agreement with Nokia to sell Nokia Eros[sic] 64 Gb exclusively to Movistar, Vivo and O2 customers in Telefonica markets during 2013. The smartphone will be launched this September."

http://www.wpcentral.com/exclusive-64gb-version-nokia-lumia-1020-telefonica

So on the plus side: a 64gb version! On the negative: relying exclusively on o2 Ireland to carry the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Heres to hoping that the first batch will be sim free :) and available in yellow

billbond4 wrote: »

Old news now, seen that on NokiaNewsIreland.Com

I wonder if the person at 02 will be happy putting up private info lol.

billbond4 wrote: »

Fantastic stuff!

I wonder if the people who shelled out for 925s only to have then completely overshadowed 2 months later by the 1020 are regretful...

Blut2 wrote: »
    Fantastic stuff!

I wonder if the people who shelled out for 925s only to have then completely overshadowed 2 months later by the 1020 are regretful...

Yup I'm one of those lol. Don't mind though.

Yup I'm one of those lol. Don't mind though.

I did try to warn you :phttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85224169&postcount=49

Ah well, wait 6 months and there might be a 1020 beater, given the way Nokia are throwing out phones at the moment.

• Advertisement

Blut2 wrote: »
    I did try to warn you :phttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85224169&postcount=49

Ah well, wait 6 months and there might be a 1020 beater, given the way Nokia are throwing out phones at the moment.
    It will be here in retail in September which is fine, also that means i will have it next month.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It will be here in retail in September which is fine, also that means i will have it next month.

Of course you don't mind, new phones always seem to find their way to you.

liamog wrote: »
    Of course you don't mind, new phones always seem to find their way to you.

No harm i enjoy that!:D

Paul Thurrot uploaded some full resolution pictures he took with a 1020.

Just wow ! Some quality , zoomed into the picture the whole way and didn't loose any quality! Amazing camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

@JimmyNokia, any idea when this will be available to order SIM free on this side of the Atlantic ? Clove and expansys have them for pre-order but don't have prices or specs.

PaulieC wrote: »
    @JimmyNokia, any idea when this will be available to order SIM free on this side of the Atlantic ? Clove and expansys have them for pre-order but don't have prices or specs.

I wouldn't pre order until I seen price's, especially from them two hope to have some info this week on availability.

thanks. i'll have to crack open the old piggy bank I think, there's no way I'm not getting this

c'mon Jimmy, the hammer is poised, ready to smash Mr. Piggybank...:D

c'mon Jimmy, the hammer is poised, ready to smash Mr. Piggybank...:D

Trust me I'm working on it, you can thank AT+T for getting exclusive on this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

thanks. i'll have to crack open the old piggy bank I think, there's no way I'm not getting this

If you want it sooner rather than later its probably best to per-order to try get the first batch of stock. It might not be as expensive as €699 as some are estimating, might be closer to €600 sim free in mid sept

Advertisement