Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technic summer sets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Anyone thinking of splashing out on 41999 (modified version of 4x4 crawler)? Was just reading about it there earlier on for the first time. Seems to say only 20,000 will be made and they seem to be numbered etc. Great idea producing a set from a competition and it looks good! Maybe a bit pricey based on number of bricks?

INFO

PICS
    9183006824_a54a041f28.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I held the box for 42009 in Smyths over the weekend, it was very hard to put down.

I'm definitely going to get it, I was going to settle for 42000 but sure feck it the crain looks like a much more fun build.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

g0g wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of splashing out on 41999 (modified version of 4x4 crawler)? Was just reading about it there earlier on for the first time. Seems to say only 20,000 will be made and they seem to be numbered etc. Great idea producing a set from a competition and it looks good! Maybe a bit pricey based on number of bricks?

INFO

PICS
    9183006824_a54a041f28.jpg

Before my current financial embarrassment I was going to try and pick this up as well. Never liked the car on 9398, but part of me always wanted to pick it up for the 4x4. Love the look of this, much better design to my eye, the blue is fantastic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

g0g wrote: »

INFO

PICS
    I'll probably pick it up, I'm hoping the pricing works out similar to that of 42009 and I can pick it up for 170 ish. It's out on Thursday isn't it?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Summer sets are on Lego.com now.

Prices less than expected.

42008 - 99.99
    42009 - 169.99

Confirming they arn't mis-prices; ordered both and they been dispatched at that price; you get a free LEGO Hot Dog Cart V46 - 40078 as well as free shipping.

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    Confirming they arn't mis-prices; ordered both and they been dispatched at that price; you get a free LEGO Hot Dog Cart V46 - 40078 as well as free shipping.

That's gonna be a lot of building! I just got crane but yeah had been wondering what the mention of the Hot Dog Stand on receipt was for! nice gesture I must say! Package had reached Koln earlier on so hopefully won't take long to get here!

I'll probably pick it up, I'm hoping the pricing works out similar to that of 42009 and I can pick it up for 170 ish. It's out on Thursday isn't it?

41999 is up on the lego site now. mine has been ordered, €160 which isn't too bad seeing as it's €180 on the German site and £140 on the UK site. It seems like for once Ireland is slightly cheaper than the rest of Europe.

41999 is up on the lego site now. mine has been ordered, €160 which isn't too bad seeing as it's €180 on the German site and £140 on the UK site. It seems like for once Ireland is slightly cheaper than the rest of Europe.

This and 41008, 41009... odd. Anyway that 20K figure just put a gun to my head. I had no choice, I swear it.

Just went to look at it again and it's saying out of stock :eek:

Dam you.... 41999 ordered....

Also
    LEGO-21103-300x225.png

• Advertisement

I couldn't decide if I'd get the delorean or not, in the end didn't order one, ordered Minecraft I though.

I couldn't decide if I'd get the delorean or not, in the end didn't order one, ordered Minecraft I though.

You made the right choice. They took a bad model and made it worse. I do like the minifigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I agree, they made complete tits out of it. The original model was not that bad, but this one is just horrible.

on topic: 159eu for Crawler is a fantastic price too, I expected it to go to 199eu bracket. I really really hate when they have all these cool new sets out and I have feck all money :(.

I see the gouging has begun on Bricklink for 41999, one up already for €500!!

Do lego cancel orders or is their stock control system actually decent? Got an out of stock email just there.

When did you put in your order? I ordered last night and haven't gotten an out of stock email, mind the item was in stock when I ordered it.

Does anyone know what happens if you order two items one of which is out of stock, do they ship individually or wait until both are in stock?

When did you put in your order? I ordered last night and haven't gotten an out of stock email, mind the item was in stock when I ordered it.

Does anyone know what happens if you order two items one of which is out of stock, do they ship individually or wait until both are in stock?

11 this morning. Convinced the OoS notice wasn't up until I checked again at 1130. Ominously, a poster on Eurobricks said a Shopping at Home rep informed them that they took in too many orders.

We'll here's hoping it was first come first served, I got my order in last night.

We'll here's hoping it was first come first served, I got my order in last night.

It's not looking good for me, my order has "Backordered" listed in the status for the crawler, even though I ordered almost as soon as the set was released.

Just got 2 separate shipping emails for the mech and crawler.

• Advertisement

Just arrived in separate packaging. The size of the box for the mini mech was ridiculous.

Just arrived in separate packaging. The size of the box for the mini mech was ridiculous.

You got your crawler? Dam it, fingers crossed I'll still get mine! My one is also listed as back ordered.

If I don't get one I'll have to order the crane lol

I hate you, Mine is back ordered even though I got my order through on Wednesday night, my freebie was the hotdog cart ffs!. It looks like Lego weren't operating a first come first served policy on this unit which is a pain.

I hate you, Mine is back ordered even though I got my order through on Wednesday night, my freebie was the hotdog cart ffs!. It looks like Lego weren't operating a first come first served policy on this unit which is a pain.

Was it your first S@H order? Did you order one or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

How long does delivery normally take from S@H?

gubbie wrote: »
    How long does delivery normally take from S@H?

Usually around three days for me.

Got my hands on the crane today at last! Wow that's a heavy and very full box plus a lot of building instructions! Pity for such expensive sets they don't include the B model in books too as it'd be harder to do from a computer screen! Can't wait to get stuck into it now Had contemplated doing one of those "take photos as you build it videos" but couldn't be arsed and there are loads online already! Will post pic once finished but I'm guessing it'll take a while with me having to hide it from the young lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Usually around three days for me.

Thanks! I ordered on the first so fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I finished making 42009 last night. Made it over about 5/6 evenings. There's a good amount of building in it. I think it could do with more power though

• Advertisement

41999 has been shipped!

I was getting it was out of stock then back ordered and now shipped!
    All I ahve to do is find the cash to pay off my credit card

Advertisement