Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley cooker problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

shane0007 wrote: »

No. You would still have pump pressure. It could be blocked or only partially opening or not opening, i.e. stuck.
    If you don't have one, take one off another pump or just replace the pump for a few minutes to confirm.
    Ill do that so. I have a pump there in the van. Thanks For that lads

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Ill do that so. I have a pump there in the van. Thanks For that lads
    Changed the stem in the pump and guess what?????????

Nothing!! Fcuking thing still not working. Was on the phone to Stanley and they pretty much repeated everything I did. I've thrown in the towel and asked a Stanley serviceman to come out. Maybe in his years of experience he's seen something like this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

Nothing!! Fcuking thing still not working. Was on the phone to Stanley and they pretty much repeated everything I did. I've thrown in the towel and asked a Stanley serviceman to come out. Maybe in his years of experience he's seen something like this before.

isnt that a proper ballcocks please post back and let us know the outcome

jimf wrote: »

isnt that a proper ballcocks please post back and let us know the outcome
    I will indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

I would have changed the whole pump just to see. Easy change it back if same problem. Is nozzle wet or dry after firing attempt?

• Advertisement

I would have changed the whole pump just to see. Easy change it back if same problem. Is nozzle wet or dry after firing attempt?
    I only had a RH pump. LH on burner. Nozzle is slightly damp

I only had a RH pump. LH on burner. Nozzle is slightly damp
    Did you hear it spark?
    Did you change the nozzle?

Did you hear it spark?
    Did you change the nozzle?
    Ye it definately sparks and I did change the nozzle, electrodes, electrode cables, transformer, photocell, solenoid, solenoid stem,

Ye it definately sparks and I did change the nozzle, electrodes, electrode cables, transformer, photocell, solenoid, solenoid stem,
    Then it has to be either dodgy nozzle or a dodgy pump. If it is sparking, the nozzle is wet so fuel is getting through but is it atomised?
    What is the pump pressure doing at the point of spark? Any loss? Nozzle holder hairline cracks that are fairly invisible to the eye but under pressure...?

Then it has to be either dodgy nozzle or a dodgy pump. If it is sparking, the nozzle is wet so fuel is getting through but is it atomised?
    What is the pump pressure doing at the point of spark? Any loss? Nozzle holder hairline cracks that are fairly invisible to the eye but under pressure...?
    Don't know about the nozzle holder but pressure is staying perfect the whole way through until lockout. Sometimes it won't even fire too. It all depends on the mood it's in!!

• Advertisement

Don't know about the nozzle holder but pressure is staying perfect the whole way through until lockout. Sometimes it won't even fire too. It all depends on the mood it's in!!
    UPDATE!!
    Stanley man got it going
    A switch on the flue outside was burnt out he told the mother in law.
    I didn't check anything with the flue outside cause the heating burner worked fine.
    Thanks for all the help anyway lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

UPDATE!!

Switch on flue outside ? :confused:

Switch on flue outside ? :confused:
    Ye it's a low level flue with a fan built into it. When I was on the phone to Stanley they said not to go near it as if that wasn't working neither burner would work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

so to a degree so it was air restricted

jimf wrote: »
    so to a degree so it was air restricted
    There was no fan on the air intake. The fan was on the flue. Air goes in at the bottom. Anyway never puttin me hands on one them feckin cookers again

UPDATE!!
    Stanley man got it going
    I didn't check anything with the flue outside cause the heating burner worked fine.
    Thanks for all the help anyway lads
    Oh the ol' switch on the flue outside trick. The times I've used that one......
    Absolute sh1te. It would not cause lock out. If installed correctly it would give no power, i.e. interlock. They are a €1,000 unit that their sales guys seem to insist to overcome weird flue arrangements.

Oh the ol' switch on the flue outside trick. The times I've used that one......
    Absolute sh1te. It would not cause lock out. If installed correctly it would give no power, i.e. interlock. They are a €1,000 unit that their sales guys seem to insist to overcome weird flue arrangements.
    I'm not too familiar with them Shane. I was told he "bypassed" it

I'm not too familiar with them Shane. I was told he "bypassed" it
    I had a barney with them a few years ago as they wanted to install an illegal flue. Their solution was to charge an extra €1,000 for this flue fan to enable flue gases to be omitted. Client went with their recommendation in the end. It was a boom boom install so I walked & let them install it in whatever manner they wished. From what I hear, the client has had nothing but hardship with it since.

I had a barney with them a few years ago as they wanted to install an illegal flue. Their solution was to charge an extra €1,000 for this flue fan to enable flue gases to be omitted. Client went with their recommendation in the end. It was a boom boom install so I walked & let them install it in whatever manner they wished. From what I hear, the client has had nothing but hardship with it since.
    They seem shiite alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

When I was on the phone to Stanley they said not to go near it as if that wasn't working neither burner would work!!

EXACTLY, I was of the impression this was an Oven Burner issue only.

• Advertisement

EXACTLY, I was of the impression this was an Oven Burner issue only.
    So was I billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Artymike8

This is a very old thread, but I can almost guarantee that the problem IS the pressure switch, which is located in the end of the horizontal flue outside the property. I know this because I have had the same problem. The switch is the flat grey thing with two tubes attached to it.

lem to solve and once you know it, then its easily fixed up.

Advertisement