Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL Fantasy Elite (Boards.ie Draft)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

SSK wrote: »
    What are you looking for Mackman? Would Rich interest you?

Sorry, I meant to say, I would prefer a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Cheers lads, I'll probably hold on to Jacobs, then can use Cox forward and still have 2 premium rucks. Might swap Jolly or Mummy if any interesting offers come in..

What are you looking for Mackman? Would Rich interest you?

Still interested in Goldstein? Ill take Rich off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Mackman wrote: »
    Still interested in Goldstein? Ill take Rich off your hands.

Deal. Can't access the site in work so if you put through the trade I'll accept it later. Need to plug some gaps until Sandi hopefully gets up and about again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The fact that there's unlimited trades means you can really bring players in and out strategically in a small league.

• Advertisement

Agreed but it also means that its very hard to hold on to injured/speculative players as the bench is so small. Which means that it might not necessarily be the players you pick up during the year which could prove the difference, rather the players you choose to hold/let go.

I purposely took Rich quite high because I believe he has scope to improve his average by 10-15 points this year. Same with Bennell. But I just can't hold on to him because I really need another decent ruck.

Yeah you're right, but it also means you can bring in players for a few games if they have a 'friendly' run of fixtures.

That's going to be my tactic anyway. Keep the core group the same then juggle the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

I purposely took Rich quite high because I believe he has scope to improve his average by 10-15 points this year. Same with Bennell. But I just can't hold on to him because I really need another decent ruck.

Completely agree with you on Bennell. He has bulked up and the midfield around him is improving quickly. I expect that kind of rise for him. With Rich, I can't see it. I can see him coping the tag quite a bit this year as they have risen to a finals team. I would think he might hold his average, but could drop.

In the instance of swapping him for Goldstein should be a good move for you, seeing as North have said he will ruck alone without support, so can see him averaging 90-95 this year. Was going to jump in and make an offer on him until I say you both had agreed a deal.

In the instance of swapping him for Goldstein should be a good move for you, seeing as North have said he will ruck alone without support, so can see him averaging 90-95 this year. Was going to jump in and make an offer on him until I say you both had agreed a deal.

That presents its own problems later in the season with fatigue and injuries, happened Jamar at Melbourne last year.

Completely agree with you on Bennell. He has bulked up and the midfield around him is improving quickly. I expect that kind of rise for him. With Rich, I can't see it. I can see him coping the tag quite a bit this year as they have risen to a finals team. I would think he might hold his average, but could drop.

Rich has copped a tag for the last few years. If anything he's learning to deal with it better.

He was BOG in the NAB Cup Final. Good enough for me. If he matches his output from last year ill be happy.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That presents its own problems later in the season with fatigue and injuries, happened Jamar at Melbourne last year.

Yeah, should have added that. It'll be likely that it will be a 90-95 av from 16-18 games, at best. Unfortunatley that will make Currie a cash cow at the wrong time.
    Rich has copped a tag for the last few years. If anything he's learning to deal with it better.

He was BOG in the NAB Cup Final. Good enough for me. If he matches his output from last year ill be happy.

I think Rich is one of those footballers who is better in real life than in fantasy terms. He might push his average to 90, but I think it's more likely to continue at about 85.

Goldstein will have Daw and possibly even Currie in the team at times, as well as Petrie who can pinch hit. So he won't be doing it all on his own but should have most of the work.

I agree with Mackman on Rich. He's copped a tag for the last couple of years and still managed mid-80s average. Towards the end of last year he looked to have mastered the task of breaking the tag and had a couple of truly dominant games. His NAB Cup performances also suggests that he's improved his inside game as well and Moloney being there will help in that regard. Definitely 95+ potential IMO.

Out: M Suckling, H McIntosh, B Whitecross.

In: H O'Brien, M Kreuzer, S Milne.

Happy enough with that for now.

Decent pick ups there.

I got rid of Rosa & Foley for McVeigh & Rance, so have decent backups in each position now.

Need to plug some gaps until Sandi hopefully gets up and about again.

Might need to reconsider that tactic, he's gone again. Permanent crock at this stage.

Kreuzer could be a great pick up. Could explode this year like Maric last year. Plus with our delayed start he really has some easy fixtures to run into.

I honestly couldn't believe my luck to find D Cross, Z Smith & J Trengrove all available after everyone elses three picks. Very pleased with my team now. With the exception of Sylvia & Cloke I think I have 90+ averages everywhere, and a bench full of high potential breakouts.

Should be noted though that your bench will sub in for unplayed starters regardless of position. So for instance, if J Grimes doesn't play for me one week, he can be replaced by Gaff, Trengrove, Duncan or Smith. Hence I could have another 90+ score in my backline as opposed to having a 70+ def on the bench. (My understanding anyway.)

Should be noted though that your bench will sub in for unplayed starters regardless of position. So for instance, if J Grimes doesn't play for me one week, he can be replaced by Gaff, Trengrove, Duncan or Smith. Hence I could have another 90+ score in my backline as opposed to having a 70+ def on the bench. (My understanding anyway.)

Only seeing this now but surely this isn't the case? Otherwise everyone can just field 10 mids every week and play four injured/non-selected players elsewhere. Would make a mockery of the whole thing.

Slow start all round fantasy wise at the weekend really bar 1 or 2 players

Kreuzer could be a great pick up.

A very nice 114 to start the season, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Didn't realise that the lockout for this didn't lift after the Thursday game - I'll have 2 doughnuts on the field even after my subs come in. Could still pull off a win but unlikely.

Yeah me too thought I could change it before the weekend, gonna have a pile of 0s this week. Will sort out my team properly for Round 2.

• Advertisement

Kicking the season off with a Loss! But still encouraging with my team performance. To answer the qustion earlier, only positional changes seem to work. Either that or I don't know how to select a sub. WIll be on the hunt for a defender so.

Kicking the season off with a Loss! But still encouraging with my team performance. To answer the qustion earlier, only positional changes seem to work. Either that or I don't know how to select a sub. WIll be on the hunt for a defender so.

I dont have a clue how the subs work, Lake pulled out last minute, so I had a 0 on the Field. I had B. Goodes on the bench who's listed as a DEF/MID. But on match day he was only listed as a MID. And his score (91) didnt sub in for Lake's.

Which means I lost the game, by 8 measly points :mad:

I dont have a clue how the subs work, Lake pulled out last minute, so I had a 0 on the Field. I had B. Goodes on the bench who's listed as a DEF/MID. But on match day he was only listed as a MID. And his score (91) didnt sub in for Lake's.

Which means I lost the game, by 8 measly points :mad:

I only figured this out over weekend but from my reading of rules and looking at my team for this week your lowest scoring bench player will replace your 0 scoring player. You only get one sub so if you have multiple zeroes only 1 sub is made.

This week I had 2 zeroes (S Johnson & H Shaw), my lowest scoring sub was D Jolly on 71 so I got his score, even though he matches neither players position. I didn't know the sub rules and assumed we had rolling lockout so I made mistake of leaving Stevie J in.

Bloody M Robinson only got 20 before getting knocked out too so my score suffered a fair whack this week!

jackbhoy wrote: »
    I only figured this out over weekend but from my reading of rules and looking at my team for this week your lowest scoring bench player will replace your 0 scoring player. You only get one sub so if you have multiple zeroes only 1 sub is made.

This week I had 2 zeroes (S Johnson & H Shaw), my lowest scoring sub was D Jolly on 71 so I got his score, even though he matches neither players position. I didn't know the sub rules and assumed we had rolling lockout so I made mistake of leaving Stevie J in.

Bloody M Robinson only got 20 before getting knocked out too so my score suffered a fair whack this week!

My lowest scoring ub was Z. Smith with 47, and J. Trengrove who didn't play, but neither were subbed in for Scotland who missed the game due to suspension. I had it with M. Duncan as first order thinking that was how it worked, and with 85 I would have tied.

Will have to have another read of the rules. But it's a long season and I have 2 more goes at Xavi to get my wins back.

jackbhoy wrote: »

Ah, I see, my lowest bench score was Jetta, his score was substituted for Lake even though Jetta is a MID/FWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

In fairness the rules on subs are very unclear.. I had a horror show due to poor planning, the subs not working as I thought and also the like of Jack Watts spudding it. Plenty work to be done now that I think I get the sub rule.

Very confusing but I had a win and got the most points in the league so happy days! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Very confusing but I had a win and got the most points in the league so happy days! :pac:

I'm guessing the order of the current tables is based on your scores over Round 1???

Carried out some major surgery to my team (forwards mainly), had to drop Sandi and Harvey, no room for injured players on the roster really. Hoping for a big Port win so Schulz and Monfries score big. I'm actually pretty happy with the rest of my team.

• Advertisement

Brought in Geary to cover for Scotland this week. Hoping my Mids won't cancel each other out this weekend in Pendles and Carrots. But being realistic can see both ending up with 60 pts.

Advertisement