Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL Fantasy Elite (Boards.ie Draft)

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

LEAGUE SETTINGS:

Minimum league entrants is 6. So we will have one league for 6, 8 or 10 players. We will split to 2 leagues for 12, 14, 16 & 20 players.

League Type:
    • Option 1: League with finals.
    • Option 2: League only.
    Also, we can have rolling lockouts (before each game) or fixed lockouts (before first game only.)

Might be a silly question, but we can choose to have captain score double or standard points.

DRAFT SETTINGS:

Draft Setup:
    • Option 1: A live draft with all members of the league selecting turn by turn. Set your own time that each coach gets to make their pick – ranging from 60 seconds to no limit at all – take it in turns at your convenience when each coach makes a pick.
    • Option 2: An auto draft, where teams are automatically selected based on each fan’s preferred pre-draft selections.
    Draft Order:
    • Option 1: Snake draft, where the order is reversed each round
    • Option 2: Linear draft, where the order stays the same each round
    • Option 3: Banzai draft, where the order reverses in round two, stays the same in round three, and then continues as per the snake draft
    TEAM SETTINGS:

There are 7 different team structures to choose from in AFL Fantasy Elite, with 12, 15 or 22 man squads as follows: (D-M-R-F)
    1. 2-2-1-2 (5 bench)
    2. 2-3-1-2 (4 bench)
    3. 2-2-1-2 (8 bench)
    4. 2-3-1-2 (7 bench)
    5. 3-3-1-3 (5 bench)
    6. 3-4-1-3 (4 bench)
    7. 5-6-2-5 (4 bench)
    Once you’ve filled your on-field team via the draft, the next selections are your bench selections, with a ‘floating’ bench where, if you choose to activate the Auto-Emergency option during your league setup, your lowest scoring bench player can replace anyone who doesn’t play from your on-field starting side.

TRADE SETTINGS:

When a player is cut from an AFL Fantasy Elite team in your league or unselected originally, he is added to the 'waiver pool', where he can be picked up by other teams.

The waiver order can be customised as either reverse ladder order or last pick option, where the waiver order is never reset and coaches go to the bottom of the priority order after each successive pick.

You can also try to improve your team by trading with other coaches in your league – you can nominate a player to trade and then watch the offers roll in. Or, make a direct trade offer for a player on another squad.
    As per the fully customisable nature of AFL Fantasy Elite, the commissioner gets to decide how trades are approved:
    1. By veto vote from a percentage of coaches in the league
    2. Approved solely by the commissioner, or
    3. A free-for-all style system
    Commissioners can start creating leagues and inviting players to join their leagues on February 1, with the draft process able to be set from February 11.

So if everyone who is interested can copy/paste below with your preferences and maybe suggestion for the league name too?

LEAGUE SETTINGS:

League Type: Option 1 / Option 2
    Lockouts: Rolling / Fixed
    Captain Points: Standard / Double

DRAFT SETTINGS:

Draft Setup: Option 1 / Option 2
    Draft Order: Option 1 / Option 2 / Option 3

TEAM SETTINGS:
    1. 2-2-1-2 (5 bench)
    2. 2-3-1-2 (4 bench)
    3. 2-2-1-2 (8 bench)
    4. 2-3-1-2 (7 bench)
    5. 3-3-1-3 (5 bench)
    6. 3-4-1-3 (4 bench)
    7. 5-6-2-5 (4 bench)
    TRADE SETTINGS:

Waiver Order: Reverse Ladder / Last Pick
    Trade Approval: Option 1 / Option 2 / Option 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

LEAGUE SETTINGS:

League Type: Option 1
    Lockouts: Fixed
    Captain Points: Standard

DRAFT SETTINGS:

Draft Setup: Option 2
    Draft Order: Option 1

TEAM SETTINGS:

2-3-1-2 (7 bench)

TRADE SETTINGS:

Waiver Order: Last Pick
    Trade Approval: Option 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

LEAGUE SETTINGS:

DRAFT SETTINGS:

Draft Setup: Option 2

TEAM SETTINGS:

2-3-1-2 (7 bench)

TRADE SETTINGS:

I'd be happy with all of above. Obviously the live draft would be great fun but the logistics of getting all of us together at same time across time zones etc would be painful.

Jeez, doing the two teams in DT and same in SC is gonna be time consuming this year, Friday afternoons is gonna be a write-off at work!

Cheers for your efforts in setting up and administering the leagues again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

LEAGUE SETTINGS:

DRAFT SETTINGS:

Draft Setup: Option 1

TEAM SETTINGS:

5-6-2-5 (4 bench)

TRADE SETTINGS:

A live draft wouldn't be *that* difficult if it was done as an Irish morning/Oz evening type thing or vise versa.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A live draft wouldn't be *that* difficult if it was done as an Irish morning/Oz evening type thing or vise versa.

Agreed. I think it would add to the fun of it, if everyone was on board. Off a quick glance, possibly holding the draft on Sat, Feb 16th - (Dublin - 10am) (Perth - 6pm) (Melbourne - 9pm).

It would probably be a good idea to have your draft order (wishlist) done before this as well so we can run either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

^^Sounds good to me. Ill be back in Perth by that stage.

LEAGUE SETTINGS:

DRAFT SETTINGS:

Draft Setup: Option 1
    Draft Order: Option 2

TEAM SETTINGS:

3-4-1-3 (4 bench)

TRADE SETTINGS:

How is the draft order decided?

• Advertisement

Mackman wrote: »

I was thinking of doing something similar to what they did in the soccer forum. Somebody not taking part in the draft can use and post the results of an online random order generator. Think that's the fairest way?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

LEAGUE SETTINGS:

DRAFT SETTINGS:

Draft Setup: Option 2 - Auto
    Draft Order: Option 1 - Snake

TEAM SETTINGS:
    1. 5-6-2-5 (4 bench)
    TRADE SETTINGS:

I'd guess that it's randomly generated by the afl website just prior to the draft taking place. That's the way it works in NFL fantasy drafts anyway.

Agreed. I think it would add to the fun of it, if everyone was on board. Off a quick glance, possibly holding the draft on Sat, Feb 16th - (Dublin - 10am) (Perth - 6pm) (Melbourne - 9pm).

It would probably be a good idea to have your draft order (wishlist) done before this as well so we can run either.

I just realised that the first round of the NAB cup is on that weekend. I'll be busy watching Freo belting the Eagles that day :)

Any other day is good for me

I just realised that the first round of the NAB cup is on that weekend. I'll be busy watching Freo belting the Eagles that day :)

Typical Failmantle fan, looking forward to preseason victories.

Better than end of season disappointment though I guess :pac:

• Advertisement

26373538.jpg

We will move it back to the 23rd so. Will give a little more security against potential nab injuries, such a s LeCras last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Ooh... not sure I should commit to a 'Draft style' comp. I'd be pi$$ed off for the season if I missed a deadline.
    Can I vote for a 'same as last year' style league?:o

Ooh... not sure I should commit to a 'Draft style' comp. I'd be pi$$ed off for the season if I missed a deadline.
    Can I vote for a 'same as last year' style league?:o

We are running the standard league as we did last year, and Winter has set up the SuperCoach one as well.

We are just adding the draft league this year, as it is free to join, for anyone that might be interested.

26373538.jpg

We will move it back to the 23rd so. Will give a little more security against potential nab injuries, such a s LeCras last year.

Optimism is all we have at this stage :)

OK, thus far we can set the following rules in stone as it seems to be in general agreement:

LEAGUE SETTINGS:

TRADE SETTINGS:

The following are starting to look the prefered:

DRAFT SETTINGS:

Draft Setup: Option 2 (Auto-Draft) *
    Draft Order: Option 1 (Snake Order)

No clear solution in the team lineup, but it looks like the best options are either:
    1. 3-4-1-3 (4 bench)
    2. 5-6-2-5 (4 bench)
    So far the following have submitted interest in taking part:
    DoctorGonzo08; jackbhoy; Xavi6; Mackman; Mr. Guappa; SSK

So we have our minimum 6 entrants for the league. If everyone can confirm they would be available on Saturday 23rd Feburary - (Dublin - 10am) (Perth - 6pm) (Melbourne - 9pm) we will go ahead with the live draft.

However, like said previously, prepare your ranked picks beforehand in case we have to go with the auto draft.

Yeah can't do that day, I've a football trip up north overnight.

I don't mind when the draft is on.. if I make it great but if not then no big deal. I was for the biggest squads possible, and would be even more so with just 6 or 8 teams. No point having small squads where just the top 20 players at a position are all that's involved.

Yeah can't do that day, I've a football trip up north overnight.
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I don't mind when the draft is on.. if I make it great but if not then no big deal. I was for the biggest squads possible, and would be even more so with just 6 or 8 teams. No point having small squads where just the top 20 players at a position are all that's involved.

OK, 5-6-2-5 (4 bench) it is then. And we will go with the auto-draft unless stated otherwise. I will set up the league next week and send out the invitations to the six.

Any go on this Doc?

Actually setting it up tonight. One thing I've just realised is that if we are to have a finals series we'll need a minimum of 8 teams. The option isn't available to 6 or less. So are there another 2 who might be interested, or do we do without?

On reading up a bit on it, I was thinking of starting the league from Round 2, playing each other 3 times, and finishing on Round 19, just before the finals for the DT League. It will also allow us to watch all of the NAB Cup and hopefully avoid picking any of the injuries that come out of it?

• Advertisement

Actually setting it up tonight. One thing I've just realised is that if we are to have a finals series we'll need a minimum of 8 teams. The option isn't available to 6 or less. So are there another 2 who might be interested, or do we do without?

If it's only 6-8 teams might be best to just leave it as a league format? Regular season becomes pointless if all teams qualify for a finals series anyway.

GOing to set this up tonight and send the invites around. One final thing I want to get everyone's opinion on is the fixtures/start. Would you prefer doing 4 repeat fixtures and start from Round 1, or 3 repeat fixtures and start Round 6? If we go with a Round 1 start, I'll set the auto draft for Sun 17th March (Paddy's Day), if we go with a Round 6 start, I'll set the auto draft for Sun 21st April. Either draft will give you a week before start to tinker with teams, and should eliminate any injuries wildcards.

GOing to set this up tonight and send the invites around. One final thing I want to get everyone's opinion on is the fixtures/start. Would you prefer doing 4 repeat fixtures and start from Round 1, or 3 repeat fixtures and start Round 6? If we go with a Round 1 start, I'll set the auto draft for Sun 17th March (Paddy's Day), if we go with a Round 6 start, I'll set the auto draft for Sun 21st April. Either draft will give you a week before start to tinker with teams, and should eliminate any injuries wildcards.

Start from Round 1. Don't see any benefit in waiting until week 6.

I really don't mind tbh.

Is that draft time 9pm Irish?

Is that draft time 9pm Irish?

No I think it is 9pm EDT. Left it till the Sunday evening so if anyone wanted to make changes to their draft selection after the NAB Cup Grand Final they could.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

If you get anyone else showing an interest, I'll stick my name down too to keep numbers even. Just been flat out the last few weeks and didnt want to commit if I couldnt give the time to look after squads, but think I'll be alright to do so now. No problem if no one else shows up though.

Im going to get creamed with this draft. So friggin hard

Im going to get creamed with this draft. So friggin hard

I know. The first 50 is easy enough, but from there to the 132 is a right pain. But if it was easy there would be no point in taking part :D

• Advertisement

I'm sure everyone is on top of it, but if you have any of these guys on your draft list you might want to rethink.

Injuries:

Nic Naitanui
    Groin - Lingering concerns. He’s aiming to play Round 1, but may miss up to 2 months of 2013

Dale Thomas
    Ankle - Surgery before Christmas saw a delayed start to the preseason and may not be fit for Round 1

Jack Trengove
    Ankle - Doubts remain over his fitness come Round 1

Brendan Whitecross
    Knee - Ruptured ACL in 2012 finals series, expected to return later in the season

David Zaharakis
    Quad - Reinjured at training and slated to miss part of the NAB cup. Monitor

Chad Cornes
    Knee - Unlikely starter Round 1 after he underwent surgery on a cyst in his knee

Dom Tyson
    Knee - Injured his PCL in late 2012 and is slated to miss the first half of the 2013 season

Nathan Foley
    Achilles - Has restarted training, but is unlikely to play early in the season at this stage

Brodie Smith
    Broken collarbone – Expected to miss 8 weeks, include first month of the season

Aaron Sandilands
    Hamstring – Injured at training, possibly out until May

Sharrod Wellingham
    Ankle – A "freak trampoline accident" has put Wellingham in doubt for Round 1

Hamish McIntosh
    Knee – Surgery early last month has him in doubt for Round 1.

Nathan Bock
    Broken Leg – Still recovering since the injury in Round 6, 2012 and likely to miss the first few rounds

Leigh Adams
    Shoulder – Recovering from 'bone-block' surgery, should play late in the NAB Cup

Robbie Gray
    Knee – Recovering from reconstruction, likely to miss the first few rounds of 2013

Adam Goodes
    Knee – PCL tear suffered in the Grand Final and has declared himself a "certain starter" for Round 1

Mitch Clark
    Foot – Lingering concern means he is no certainty for Round 1

Suspensions:

Kurt Tippett
    11 Weeks – Suspended as part of off-season scandal, will miss the first half of 2013

Campbell Brown
    6 Weeks – Convicted of forceful contact on Aiden Riley in Round 23

Brent Harvey
    6 Weeks – Convicted of two striking offences during last year's Elimination Final

Heath Scotland
    2 Weeks – Club-imposed suspension for an off-field incident

Steve Johnson
    1 Week – Convicted of striking Hayden Ballantyne during the NAB Cup

James Kelly
    1 Week – Convicted of forceful contact on Tendai Mzungu during last year’s Elimination Final

Leigh Montagna
    1 Week – Convicted of rough conduct against Andrew Walker in Round 23

Advertisement