Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL Fantasy Elite (Boards.ie Draft)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Mackman wrote: »
    Im going to get creamed with this draft. So friggin hard

Jeez, I haven't even looked at it yet. Think I am going to be reliant on a lot of free agent trading after the draft!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Really starting to overthink this. I thought the autodraft would be easier than this. But I have no idea how to set up my priority to enable my first 3 picks. To get a captain in the first pick, then a back, then a forward. But if someone dosen't pick one of my six captain picks,it throws the rest of the draft up in the air. Thinking about it now, it's no wonder everyone prefers the live draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Captains?? I haven't even thought of that yet, I was just going to put the best player I get as the captain. Maybe we should try and organise the live draft again? This Saturday maybe? Most will probably be busy on Paddy's Day

Edit: I just had a quick look there and we didn't choose the captain option. So no captains

Mackman wrote: »
    Captains?? I haven't even thought of that yet, I was just going to put the best player I get as the captain. Maybe we should try and organise the live draft again? This Saturday maybe? Most will probably be busy on Paddy's Day

Edit: I just had a quick look there and we didn't choose the captain option. So no captains

Sorry, no captains in the game. I just meant your captain pick in terms of the best player, ie. Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Watson, Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sorry, no captains in the game. I just meant your captain pick in terms of the best player, ie. Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Watson, Kennedy.

Only 3 of those 6 players are in my top 6 so that would be your plans well up in the air!!

• Advertisement

Only 3 in that list are in mine too :p. But that's the point I'm making. If you try to guess other players picks, or try to get the type of poisiton in each round is near impossible. As was said earlier, there will be alot of free agent drafting very quickly after the draft to get some shape to the team. Luck might have alot of luck to do with the auto draft!

News this morning that Leuenberger is down with an achillies injury and will miss NAB Finals. That'll be enough for me to stay clear of him this season.

News this morning that Leuenberger is down with an achillies injury and will miss NAB Finals. That'll be enough for me to stay clear of him this season.

Not unexpected but a pity as he could've been a great bargain as second ruck..

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Not unexpected but a pity as he could've been a great bargain as second ruck..

I know. Was perfect fit in my team up until now. With him, Jacobs Currie and Rowe, could have Cox in the Forwards to start then switch to Ruck and Cash in on the Rucks to upgrade the Mids.

Not many decent cheap options that are worthwhile now. Thinking of having a gamble on Zac Smith as a POD.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Christ, Brock McLean at 21 and Brad Ebert at 23 by default :eek:

Get to the bottom of my wishlist :mad:

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Christ, Brock McLean at 21 and Brad Ebert at 23 by default :eek:

Get to the bottom of my wishlist :mad:

I'd leave them there if I were you, or possibly move them higher. It would be tactical on your part, by picking them early you would ruin my picks 140+ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Is the draft for this in an hour?? Absolutely zero research done so will be picking on instinct only

SSK wrote: »
    Is the draft for this in an hour?? Absolutely zero research done so will be picking on instinct only

Yep, Auto Draft is from 9:00 till 9:11 AEST.

SSK wrote: »
    It's an auto-draft. Just set up your preference list.

Cheers lads. Set my first 50 or so, will have to fiddle around with it after the draft then

Don't see any free agent players available, am I missing something??

Don't see any free agent players available, am I missing something??

They are all under waivers at the moment.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    They are all under waivers at the moment.

Ok, I assumed we could replace duds with free agents straight away. See the waiver thing opens at 4am Wednesday, is that adjustable?

I did pretty well out of that, im very surprised. I might need to do a couple of trades, but overall im pretty pleased.

I got D. Swan too :D

Quite pleased but just a little tweaking to do. ENded up with:

B. Goddard / H. Scotland / J. Grimes / D. Heppell / H. Hartlett
    S. Pendlebury / J. Redden / L. Shuey / A. Carrazzo / D. Wells / D. Zaharakis
    B. McEvoy / D. Hale
    L. Franklin / T. Rockliff / J. Lewis / C. Sylvia / T. Cloke

B. Ebert / A. Gaff / M. Duncan / T. Mzungu

Have to say I couldn't be happier with my Backline. Also have high hopes for Shuey & Gaff this year to step up.

• Advertisement

FFS I got Suckling :rolleyes:

Other than that though, few complaints

M Suckling - P Hanley - B Houli - C Dempsey - B Guerra

J Watson - S Thompson - S Sidebottom - M Priddis - S Selwood - J Kennedy

W Minson - H McIntosh

A Goodes - M Pavlich - M Le Cras - J Kennedy - B Whitecross

I/C - J Kelly, C Ward, L Anthony, R Griffen

My midfield stocks are pretty high!

Happy with what I got too: 2 of my top 6 ranked players and 4 of my top 12. I went Midfield early and often so I'm well stocked there!

D.Stanley - P.Duffield - M.Johnson - M.Golby - J.Watts

M.Boyd - T.Cotchin - B.Stanton - S.Tuck - A.Swallow - T.Greene

N.Naitanui - M.Leuenberger

D.Zorko - P.Ryder - N.Riewoldt - M.Wright - S.Wellingham

* B.McLean - L.Montagna - R.Sloane - S.Gibson *

Yeah happy with my mids, good excellent depth there. Hopefully Sandi can come back to his usual form after injury and perform as in previous years. Backs and Forwards both need work but hopefully can pick up some sleepers and trades to replace a couple of dodgy picks and some injuries.

J Adcock - B Reilly - A Mackie - C Cornes - N Grima

D Beams - B Deledio - S Mitchell - M Murphy - K Jack - M Barlow

Sandi - J Giles

D Thomas - J Waite - B Harvey - J Bolton - M deBoer

Subs: S Grigg - N Dal Santo - D Rich - H Bennell

Finally got to sit down and look at my team properly.

G. Birchall - G. Broughton - B. Lake - S. Hurn - N. Suban

D. Swan - P. Dangerfield - R. O'Keefe - N. Fyfe - D. Mundy - C. Pearce

I. Maric - T. Goldstein

P. Chapman - J. Bartel - D. Martin - J. Riewoldt - T. Varcoe

Subs: B. Goodes - J. Griffin - L. Jetta - N. Vlaustin

A bit Fremantle heavy in the mid, and a little Geelong heavy in the forwards, other than that and maybe unloading a rookie im very happy

Picked up a couple of duds in MF and extra rucks but with only 6 in league think we all doing pretty well. Didn't anticipate so many mids getting drafting so didn't pay much attention to my latter mid picks. Anyone need a good ruckman? :)

DEFS
    1. Gibbs, B
    2. Waters, B
    3. Shaw, H
    4. Enright, C
    5. Dempster, S

MIDS
    6. Ablett, G
    7. Selwood, J
    8. Hayes, L
    9. Simpson, K
    10. Judd, C
    11. Rioli, C

RUCKS
    12. Cox, D
    13. Mumford, S

FWDS
    14. Johnson, S
    15. Robinson, M
    16. Roughead, J
    17. Walker, T
    18. Hawkins, T

SUBS

19. Foley, N
    20. Jacobs, S
    21. Rosa, M
    22. Jolly, D

I'll take Jacobs off your hands if you fancy an extra midfielder.

Happy to part with Callan Ward or Liam Anthony.

I'll give you Grigg for Jacobs, or Grigg and Rich for Jacobs and Cyril (assuming he's also listed as a forward, can't check it at the moment)

Anyone need a good ruckman? :)

Like everyone else, interested in Jacobs. Will trade for:
    H. Scotland / D. Wells / D. Zaharakis / T. Mzungu, possibly A. Carrazzo.

Im overstocked on Rucks too, looking to trade T. Goldstein if anyone's interested?

• Advertisement

What are you looking for Mackman? Would Rich interest you?

Advertisement