Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Pakistan. 2 ODIs in May

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Good news for the Irish, playing Pakistan twice in May before the Champions Trophy. Playing on the 23rd and 26th, venues still to be announced.

Link to story here: LINKY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Great news. Surely one of them will be in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Dublin and Belfast one would imagine. Great news; hopefully will be able to get to one of the games. If Pakistan send over a decent side theyll be good games to watch.

Could the BBC not have found a more flattering picture than that to use in the article...?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

tumblr_llo6p27M9Q1qfk2azo1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Definitely going to this as, unlike the England match, Pakistan will likely field a decent side.

Any chance of one being played at the new ground in Malahide? Maybe not as they are touting the England game as the first big international there. Malahide or Clontarf suit me.

Tickets on sale today. Early bird €20 each or both matches for €35, both in Clontarf. Much better value than the England (Lions) game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

Agreed really decent value on the early bird

Full details here and should be two good days out at 'tarf in May

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/article/rsa-insurance-odi-series-tickets-released-as-ireland-set-to-play-pakistan-i

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

tempted but need to see the fixture list before I book anything

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Got the early bird, really looking forward to this. And both in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭thebadguy88

id defo go just to see mainly boom boom afridi and the magician saaed ajmal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Going to the Thursday one. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

That reminds me to get my ticket. Are schools off that week? If not I think I'll head to the Thursday match too.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭thebadguy88

iv an exam on thursay **** sake id love to see ajmal and afridi in action

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

What's the ground like for drinks etc?
    If the weathers' good I can't think of anything better than a day off work, some live sport and a few beers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

What's the ground like for drinks etc?
    If the weathers' good I can't think of anything better than a day off work, some live sport and a few beers!

Full bar about 20 yards from the boundary. Usually busy, but they know how to work a crowd, so you're never waiting for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Just wondering about getting to the ground etc. Bringing my father to the game on Sunday - where should we be looking to leave the car? Don't mind walking a bit if necessary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Just wondering about getting to the ground etc. Bringing my father to the game on Sunday - where should we be looking to leave the car? Don't mind walking a bit if necessary.

Sunday will be busier, I'd reckon, so you might need to get there a bit earlier. There's quite a bit of parking around the ground, side-streets etc. You might be better looking at buses though.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Full bar about 20 yards from the boundary. Usually busy, but they know how to work a crowd, so you're never waiting for long.

Can you bring beers in with you? Bottles/cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Depending how much of a bit of a walk you are happy with, and where you are coming from, then getting the Dart to Killester (roughly 800m walk) is also a sane option.

Can you bring beers in with you? Bottles/cans?

Usually not - bottles in particular. As it's an ODI, the ICC ground regs are in force so they're usually strict enough.

There are ways of getting some drinks through the cordon, but not usually beer...

haha, schnaking vodka in coke bottles - I'm not that desperate for a drink!

Cheers for the info, I'll stick to the pints available at the bar - usual array of pints I assume, Guinness, Heineken etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Its says gates at around 10 i think, i'm going on Sunday, what time do you guys reckon it'll start? I can't get there until 11.30.
    Is it 50 overs?
    Can you bring your own booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

got the tickets for Sunday, hopefully weather won't be S***e

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

Post snipped - please use Adverts.ie to sell tickets, as per the Forum charter.

haha, schnaking vodka in coke bottles - I'm not that desperate for a drink!

Cheers for the info, I'll stick to the pints available at the bar - usual array of pints I assume, Guinness, Heineken etc?

Yes, a full bar.
    Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Its says gates at around 10 i think, i'm going on Sunday, what time do you guys reckon it'll start? I can't get there until 11.30.
    Is it 50 overs?
    Can you bring your own booze?

First ball is at 1045 I think, it'll start promptly but you'll not miss more than 8 or 9 overs. Yes, it's a standard 50-over ODI. See above for booze! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Whats the story with tickets? Are all the seating ones gone, don't want to stand?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Whats the story with tickets? Are all the seating ones gone, don't want to stand?

As far as I'm aware it's fold up chairs. Take one from the pile and find a space.

Are either of the games on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

streaming on youtube via cricket ireland

Cool thatll keep my occupied in work tomorrow so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jalopy

I see there is a fair bit of rain in the forecast - anybody know if the entrance fee is refunded if a certain amount of overs aren't played? I know in some places it is 20 overs, but not sure what happens here.

Advertisement