Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the abortion debate reveal what some people really think about women?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

seenitall wrote: »
    Because there is not enough incentive to bring those changes about. And too much disincentive in the form of loss of votes of older people - you know, the ones who vote in greater numbers than younger generations, and believe in a three-ways personality-split deity.
    What were the incentives to bring about the changes in contraceptive legislation? Surely the same logic applies, no? Why has that happened and not abortion rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭seenitall

My point is that in societies that were patriarchal, abortion, can still be interest of men, its naive to think that abortion is always a female led decision or are those Chinese and Indian woman carrying out all those female sex selective abortions on their own free will.

What is interesting about Europe was that there was a strong reaction against abortion even if it was in the interests of men.

OK, I take your point about China and India.

Would you explain a bit more about abortion being in the interests of men in the West?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

PS. My Irish hospital experience: at times I was treated as no more than a petulant 5-year old, and I am not exaggerating here. From being literally shushed at by a nurse when I had the temerity to shout out in pain ("Ssshhh, no screeching!"), to being outright lied to about the next step of a procedure, just in order to placate me and shut me up. Somehow I have a difficulty in imagining a man being treated the same; but maybe I'm wrong? It would be interesting to know.

I am a man and was in hospital for a few days. One night about 2 hours later than usual I still had not got my antibiotics. I walked up to the nurses station and politely asked why I hadn't gotten them. I got the head absolutely ate off me, basically shouting how dare I question how they do their job. This was despite me having a bad infection and being quite sick.

Sometimes people are just having a bad day/tired/ or are assholes. Threre's not always a motive behind it. I've spent a lot of time in hospitals and there is certainly no more negativity towards women than anyone else. A patient is a patient regardless of who they are.

This "debate" is causing huge emotion on both sides, from both women and men. I personally find it incredibly disappointing and a bit disturbing. I'm not even attempting to get involved because there seems to be a very short fuse before your accused of being this that or the other. I just hope it's decided on soon and we can move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

OK, I take your point about China and India.

Would you explain a bit more about abortion being in the interests of men in the West?

My point is that in patriarchal societies where woman had fewer rights it would be relatively easy for (at least the elite) males to control access to abortion and practice it in situations where it is in their interests.
    Where as in Europe (and this issue was subject to change at different times even in Europe) the practice was restricted even when its in the males interest.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    What were the incentives to bring about the changes in contraceptive legislation? Surely the same logic applies, no? Why has that happened and not abortion rights?

As you know, the sexual 'revolution' of the 1960's and beyond in the West was greatly facilitated by the invention of the Pill. Both men and women benefitted. :)

Abortion rights - not so much. Only woman stands to gain directly from having the choice to abort or keep the pregnancy. Therefore there is an inherent loss of power here for men who 'don't get to have a choice' ("Women aborting men's babies") ; and if both men and women are influenced in their attitude on this issue by a patriarchal religious teaching such as I mentioned, the laws and the society's mores will favour men on that issue, as it were (or more correctly, disadvantage women).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I haven't read the whole thread but the first couple of pages and not completely familiar with the details of the current debate.

It is my understanding they want to concoct some ridiculous clause about being suicidal to get permission for an abortion?

Well until they destigmatise mental illness, this should be entirely off the table.

I understand that the abortion debate is nearly impossible, probably is impossible. No easy answers, but I do feel that forcing women to say they have mental illness [and that is the butt end of it if you claim you are suicidal - they can lock you up without a jury and judge for that] is not really offering much of a choice. That will be on your medical record forever, can affect custody of future children, you name it.

Legalise it or don't. But this suggestion is the craziest thing I've seen in a long long time.

As you know, the sexual 'revolution' of the 1960's and beyond in the West was greatly facilitated by the invention of the Pill. Both men and women benefitted. :)

Abortion rights - not so much. Only woman stands to gain directly from having the choice to abort or keep the pregnancy. Therefore there is an inherent loss of power here for men who 'don't get to have a choice' ("Women aborting men's babies") ; and if both men and women are influenced in their attitude on this issue by a patriarchal religious teaching such as I mentioned, the laws and the society's mores will favour men on that issue, as it were (or more correctly, disadvantage women).

Men who don't want to keep the child do stand to gain from women having the option to abort though. Admittedly the gain is smaller than it is for women (as men can "walk away") but if the incentive to legalise contraception was "no baby" then the incentive to legalise abortion is the same.

There is a loss for men who would never wish to abort given that legalised abortion could only ever be the choice of the pregnant woman, however this does not explain why it was legalised in other countries and not Ireland. Leaving us with the Catholic Church's influence argument - this quickly becomes circular however as if they were truly influential then contraception would never have been legalised and they should also have been able to stop it being legalised in other countries where they had an equally powerful base such as Italy and Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Some shocking stories here, Yes I'v always thought there was odd treatment of women here but I did think (naively) that those days were gone.
    But a lot of women (my own mum included) seem to have been brainwashed by the church back in the day regarding sex and their place in the home.

Women like Una Bean nic Mathuna really puzzle me, Its like she got off on being a lunatic. Its crazy to think these type of people are still out there and as fanatic as ever.
    Morag wrote: »
    We also need comprehensive fact and health based sex & sexuality education in all our schools.

Totally agree, The Anti-everything brigade would have a field day but its badly needed.

It's interesting to hear that Enda Kenny has been branded "worse than Herod" for his move on legislating for abortion in limited instances. Seriously, this abortion debacle is really bringing the backward people out of the woodwork in droves.

For the record, I sent Enda Kenny an email congratulating him on the move.

Nuts, Its always the same shíte from people who try to force their beliefs on others, Herod indeed, You didn't see these people protesting when the sex abuse scandals emerged. No because lots of them probably still attend church, The same church where woman are not equal to men. Its hypocrisy at its finest.

My point is that in patriarchal societies where woman had fewer rights it would be relatively easy for (at least the elite) males to control access to abortion and practice it in situations where it is in their interests.
    Where as in Europe (and this issue was subject to change at different times even in Europe) the practice was restricted even when its in the males interest.

The practice was restricted because generally it wasn't in the men's interest (but very much in the women's interest); and if you are talking about pregnancies unwanted by fathers, you know as well as I do that the whole brunt of illegitimacy and the judgment on it was traditionally and solely carried by mothers; men by and large got off scott free, no skin of their nose if there was another baby in the world or not. So I still cannot see any plausible scenario where the abortion was even a fraction as urgently in men's interest than it was the case for women.

Men who don't want to keep the child do stand to gain from women having the option to abort though. Admittedly the gain is smaller than it is for women (as men can "walk away") but if the incentive to legalise contraception was "no baby" then the incentive to legalise abortion is the same.

There is a loss for men who would never wish to abort given that legalised abortion could only ever be the choice of the pregnant woman, however this does not explain why it was legalised in other countries and not Ireland. Leaving us with the Catholic Church's influence argument - this quickly becomes circular however as if they were truly influential then contraception would never have been legalised and they should also have been able to stop it being legalised in other countries where they had an equally powerful base such as Italy and Spain.

Er... sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one. Italy and Spain, although traditionally Catholic, are a good bit further along regarding women's rights. Ireland is only lagging behind a bit, that's all, as for historical and geographical reasons, the religion's grip has been tighter on this country than on the aforementioned ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Balmed Out wrote: »
    As a man who has had reason to spend time in the system Id have to say that most younger doctors seem to be women and men can be practically treated like babies being called pet, hun, you poor thing repeatedly. I think yere reading too much into this. Id nearly say consultants are the only ones without the bull but mainly because their so eager to say next.

Being called pet and hun may be patronising but it is hardly akin to being told to shut up or that what you want doesn't matter.

Er... sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one.

And, be extension, sometimes it isn't.
    Italy and Spain, although traditionally Catholic, are a good bit further along regarding women's rights. Ireland is only lagging behind a bit, that's all, as for historical and geographical reasons, the religion's grip has been tighter on this country than on the aforementioned ones.

My take would be different, in that the matter here is one of political conservatism i.e. the political class in Ireland are pretty conservative and it tends to be a family business. The truth is the abortion issue is still fairly contentious no matter where you travel. If we take the States as an example, had Roe vs Wade come before a different Supreme Court we may well have seen a completely different outcome. Say what you like about the states but they have a strong legislative and if the Supreme Court makes a ruling it tends to stick.

Were you to put the matter to a straight popular vote in the States abortion might well be repealed. Were you to rule for it on state by state basis you would likely see a red-blue divide.

Abortion has often been rolled in as a result of the political action of one person or party and not necessarily as a reflection of the will of the people. In Ireland, this has not been the case, as the matter is considered worthy of a referendum, and as such change has been slower. In addition, we have a fairly weak legislative here, meaning that even where we have voted or instructions have been received from the European courts, nothing has changed.

This is all just a different explanation for the same result - I don't really buy your "loss of power for men" argument - though I don't think it's really any less obvious than the explanation you have provided.

This is all just a different explanation for the same result - I don't really buy your "loss of power for men" argument - though I don't think it's really any less obvious than the explanation you have provided.

In the words of the immortal Barbara Stanwyck, "I'm not asking you to buy it". ;)

What is fairly obvious to me (in fact practically jumping out at me, while considering the issue with all the logic I can muster) may not seem at all obvious to you.

So it goes.

What is fairly obvious to me (in fact practically jumping out at me, while considering the issue with all the logic I can muster) may not seem at all obvious to you.

And, by implication, there is no "most obvious" explanation.

Also, in my previous post, I meant that the US has a strong Judicial, which is what the Supreme Court is. Realised my mistake on the way home from work.

And, by implication, there is no "most obvious" explanation.

:confused:

I thought I made it clear that IMV it's a matter of perspective/opinion, therefore, obviously, I disagree...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

Italy and Spain, although traditionally Catholic, are a good bit further along regarding women's rights. .

That aint necessarily so...

Global gender gap report. Guess who is in fifth place for least gender inequality.

http://www.weforum.org/issues/global-gender-gap

That's lovely to know, but the Gender Gap overall (whatever is encompassed, I don't have time to study the link ATM) may not necessarily coincide with women's rights (as in the case of Ireland).

Or am I alone in considering reproductive rights (i.e. the right to access a safe and legal abortion) a women's rights issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

Or am I alone in considering reproductive rights (i.e. the right to access a safe and legal abortion) a women's rights issue?

Nope I agree with you, it is one amongst many.

I just wanted to point out that Italy and Spain aren't necessarily great places to be women either, and it would be wrong to thing that they are just because they have more liberal abortion laws.

I live in Finland now and we could certainly learn a lot from the Finns. It has been a pleasure to live and work here. Their abortion laws aren't the most liberal of all either, which I would also tend to agree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

fits wrote: »
    Nope I agree with you, it is one amongst many.

I just wanted to point out that Italy and Spain aren't necessarily great places to be women either, and it would be wrong to thing that they are just because they have more liberal abortion laws.

I live in Finland now and we could certainly learn a lot from the Finns. It has been a pleasure to live and work here. Their abortion laws aren't the most liberal of all either, which I would also tend to agree with.

And the Spanish abortion laws here are set to change with the present government.

Overall I've felt more conscious of being a female living here than I ever did in Ireland and not in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yes - the abortion debate does reveal what some people really think about women.

Plenty of women are just as misogynistic as men. I quite honestly fail to grasp what it is about abortion that one side wants to impose its morality on everyone. As far as Im concerned, if you dont agree with abortion, dont have one.

If a pro life stance was actually about the value of human life there would be more lives to be saved if they took an interest in the suicide statistics, the homeless, people suffering from drug addictions, campaigning against smoking etc..... But no, they want to be in the wombs of distressed women who want to abort a clump of cells that is no more 'alive' in its own right than my thumbnail could be considered to be 'alive'. Where are they after the baby is born? Interfering in someone elses womb.

The sheer hypocrisy of it all astounds me as well. We have ~5000 women a year having abortions. The real figure could be higher. But as long as it happens somewhere else its ok. Its really a disgusting attitude towards women (whether you are male or female).

I really agree with this, especially the second-last paragraph. I'd be fairly confident in saying few of the extreme pro-lifers would be willing to help a girl out with raising a child on her own after making her go through with having the baby. I'd actually be really interested to know the crossover between those who condemn or look down on single mothers and those who are anti-abortion. Sometimes those are the only two options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I really agree with this, especially the second-last paragraph. I'd be fairly confident in saying few of the extreme pro-lifers would be willing to help a girl out with raising a child on her own after making her go through with having the baby. I'd actually be really interested to know the crossover between those who condemn or look down on single mothers and those who are anti-abortion. Sometimes those are the only two options.

This makes no sense to me. Plenty of strong pro-life people are also christian. Are there not an absolute plethora of christian charities dedicated to just what you suggest? Helping those in hard times with housing, clothes, food, education, etc. St Vincent De Paul and all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

lazygal wrote: »
    Men and women seem to have no problem arguing that if suicide is grounds for legal abortion, women will fake or exaggerate suicidal thoughts to get what they want. There's a inherent distrust of women, particularly pregnant women, that seems to be innate in some circles.

Personally, I don't have kids yet & I'm a man living abroad, so my experience of the Irish maternity wards is non-existent :)

But as to the general topic, of the idea of fake-suicidal thoughts as a grounds for a abortion being a judgement on women — to be honest, it's not something that I'd pick up on from the coverage of the issue. I think it's just a reflection that people will view others with a huge amount of cynicism (especially the hypothetical, unknown 'other' as opposed to someone they know well). This seems to be true across the board in Irish society, be it man, woman or child — as someone said earlier about sick days — just that in this case, it will always be women making the decision.

In terms of the X-case, surely no matter what you're opinion on abortion, it has to be legislated for — it's not up for debate, it's the law as it currently stands. If this needs or wants to be changed, it should then (after this legislation has been enacted) go to referendum to be repealled. The liberty with which our legislature fail to enact the will of the people is crazy & wouldn't be tolerated in any other democracy.

:confused:

I thought I made it clear that IMV it's a matter of perspective/opinion, therefore, obviously, I disagree...

:)

I am not too sure what you are confused about. It is obvious (there's that word again!) when discussing matters such as this that what we're posting are our opinions. In the course of the debate I pointed out some flaws in your explanation to which you said.
    Er... sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one.

Obviously (:pac:) you are trying to conflate obviousness with correctness and also implying that your opinion is the "most obvious". That isn't really a counterargument and I'm just pointing that out (your points on Italy and Spain, though I don't agree with them, are counterarguments).

I'm not trying to get hung up on this; I'm happy, as you are, to agree to disagree on the matter, I'm not that vested in changing your mind.

It does bring me neatly onto the point I want to make though, which luckily happens to be far more on topic in any event.

Whenever we argue we have a subjective bias toward the point we are making and it often manifests itself in the way we present our argument including, but not limited to, the words we use. We choose the best words to describe our own points of view and the worst to describe our opponent's. Our arguments (and I am not having a go here, seenitall, I readily admit I do this myself and possibly have even already done so on this thread) are "obvious", "natural", "simple" (not simplistic), "coherent" etc. These words have strict literal definitions, of course, but they also come with an emotional weight that implies "good" or "correct".

These are at the lower end of the scale and tend not to steer discussions of course.

However, the more emotionally invested we are in a debate, the more this predisposition escalates. In particular, it escalates with regard to our portrayal of our opponent's points of view, which are "stupid", "crazy", "irrational", "old fashioned" etc. This has rather more consequences; whereas before we were being kind to ourselves now are being mean to someone else. This results in them being wound up and - unless they are able to check themselves - returning the favour. In short, it is the end of the debate and the start of the argument.

So, any discussion cum argument, can show us a lot about the temperance of a person's character and the quality of their thinking.

Why then, is abortion more illustrative of this than other arguments i.e. why are people more emotionally invested in it?

The answer is because no matter where you lie on the issue, it is a moral one.

Morals aren't a uniquely human thing but we do have a strong attachment to them. We can get upset over abstract concepts such as injustice because of our abilities to abstract and empathise (hence, we can feel sad and even outraged when a fictional character dies in an unfair manner).

For extreme Pro Lifers, the abortion debate is a moral issue because they believe life begins at conception, an ultimately arbitrary point, and due to the primacy of the right to life, there can be no quarter given to the woman, regardless of any danger to her health, of whether she was raped or the foetus's chances of survival. They believe that anyone who thinks otherwise is essentially supporting a woman's right to murder and that all women who make the decision to abort do so with ease and without remorse. Please note I am talking about extreme pro lifers here.

For extreme Pro Choicers, the abortion debate is a moral issue because of the woman's right to bodily integrity, and because of the primacy of this right, and their belief that life does not begin until birth (if they didn't believe this they would have to accept a conflict between the rights accompanying this life and the woman's right to bodily integrity), an equally arbitrary point, and therefore no quarter should be given to the foetus because it is "just a clump of cells". They believe that anyone who thinks otherwise is interested solely in controlling women, through this restriction of rights, is a misogynist, and believes what they believe not because they have thought through the issues but because their religion told them to. Please note I am talking about extreme pro choicers here.

Then there is the vast, vast middle ground - though you would never think it were you to follow the debate online or in the media - which is split between more moderate Pro Lifers and Pro Choicers; the abortion debate is a moral issue for them because they believe there are two important rights in conflict - the woman's right to bodily integrity and the right of a life to that life. Due to the vast array of differing viewpoints in this bracket they are a far harder group to pin down.

They believe that life begins at some point during pregnancy, though they accept that any given point they choose is essentially arbitrary. They believe that there are women for whom abortion is a difficult decision they may struggle to come to terms with for the rest of their life and others for whom the decision is clear and correct from day one and any amount of women in between. They have no wish to control women, either through restrictions on their reproductive rights, or by any other means but they accept that there must be a cut off point for abortions i.e. that the foetus's right to life must supersede the woman's right to abort, provided her life is not at risk, at some point during pregnancy. In short, they do not believe the issue is black and white, nor that people who do not agree with them on a particular point are capable of being pigeon holed in that manner, and are more capable, though often incapable, of having complex discussions on the issue without demonising others.

So you can tell a lot about what an extremist thinks about women because to them women are no more than a pawn in a debate and neatly fit into their one-size-fits-all world. For the middle ground you can tell what they think about women because they are capable of thinking of them as just that - women, with multiple and differing, opinions, beliefs and experiences - and not fitting neatly into a label of self-hating or self-serving. Of course, middle grounders may well have dim opinions on women which you'll be able to tell from the language they use in describing them as would be the case in any other discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

So you can tell a lot about what an extremist thinks about women because to them women are no more than a pawn in a debate and neatly fit into their one-size-fits-all world.

I do not agree with this at all. Someone could hold an extreme view on abortion because they have personal experience with an unwanted pregnancy, or personal experience of a wanted pregnancy going wrong, or because they fear the situation ever coming a reality for them or for a variety of other reasons. It doesnt follow that all extremists (pro choice and pro life) see women as just a pawn in a debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

pwurple wrote: »
    This makes no sense to me. Plenty of strong pro-life people are also christian. Are there not an absolute plethora of christian charities dedicated to just what you suggest? Helping those in hard times with housing, clothes, food, education, etc. St Vincent De Paul and all the rest.

Materially, yes, but I'd say it's possible to survive on state benefits etc if it's really necessary. The pro-lifers (I'm not going to say Christians, because there are plenty of people who are religious and pro-choice, as well as pro-lifers who are not Christian or not at all religious) are not around to help a mother who is in pain after giving birth and has to look after a new baby on her own, they won't take every second night feed or be there to help her when the baby is crying all day. Or even going past that, she's on her own worrying about if her child is being bullied, or hates school, or anything else that parents have to deal with in raising their kids. Pro-birth might be a better term than pro-life...

Rereading that, it comes off as a bit extreme. I do understand that some people are against abortion. I can entirely understand why, and I'm not sure what I'd do if I were faced with the decision. But I think an awful lot of the debate focuses on the pregnancy and birth, like once the child is born the difficult bit is over. It's not, and adoption may not be an option for everyone.

I do understand that some people are against abortion. I can entirely understand why, and I'm not sure what I'd do if I were faced with the decision. But I think an awful lot of the debate focuses on the pregnancy and birth, like once the child is born the difficult bit is over. It's not, and adoption may not be an option for everyone.

I entirely agree but think the converse is true as well; many pro choicers see themselves as pro women but put more time into arguing this debate than into arguing for better support for single mothers (and let's face it, it is usually women who end up holding the baby in unwanted pregnancies). It's not that you can't have abortion and better support for single mothers, it's just that their sole focus is on the former, and the debate seems to end there for them.

This is why I believe extremists, who are most vocal on this subject matter (and on both sides) see women as no more than a pawn in their argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I entirely agree but think the converse is true as well; many pro choicers see themselves as pro women but put more time into arguing this debate than into arguing for better support for single mothers (and let's face it, it is usually women who end up holding the baby in unwanted pregnancies). It's not that you can't have abortion and better support for single mothers, it's just that their sole focus is on the former, and the debate seems to end there for them.

This is why I believe extremists, who are most vocal on this subject matter (and on both sides) see women as no more than a pawn in their argument.

There is a lot to that. One wonders why they don't join forces and make it more possible for women to keep their kids, to make the choice more viable for women and girls. Pro life definitely fails on that side. Pro choice does too, if they claim to be pro woman. Whatever that means exactly.

Saying that, abortion is not just about the abandoned mother. It is also about the 48 year old who find herself pregnant. That becomes an impossible question to answer.

I would also like to see anesthesia used to make sure it is painless experience for the feotus, life, whatever name you want to use if abortion is made available.

Extremists lose sight of humanity, regardless of woman, child, whatever. The ideology kills that off.

I don't think there is a discrepancy or contradiction here, such as there is on the Pro-Life side. The Pro-Choice campaigns for some women, amongst others, to be able to choose NOT to be single mothers, if they so wish. Why should they then be turning their attentions to already existing single mothers per se when it comes to this issue? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Whereas the Pro-Life side wants to see those pregnancies carried to term at almost any cost to the mother - so then they are the ones who should logically be getting busy with helping those single mothers cope with unwanted children, not the pro-choicers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Materially, yes, but I'd say it's possible to survive on state benefits etc if it's really necessary. The pro-lifers (I'm not going to say Christians, because there are plenty of people who are religious and pro-choice, as well as pro-lifers who are not Christian or not at all religious) are not around to help a mother who is in pain after giving birth and has to look after a new baby on her own, they won't take every second night feed or be there to help her when the baby is crying all day. Or even going past that, she's on her own worrying about if her child is being bullied, or hates school, or anything else that parents have to deal with in raising their kids. Pro-birth might be a better term than pro-life...

Rereading that, it comes off as a bit extreme. I do understand that some people are against abortion. I can entirely understand why, and I'm not sure what I'd do if I were faced with the decision. But I think an awful lot of the debate focuses on the pregnancy and birth, like once the child is born the difficult bit is over. It's not, and adoption may not be an option for everyone.

You mention adoption as an aside, but I know 4 couples personally who would be utterly utterly delighted to adopt a child. They are approved by the irish adoption board, but have to go abroad to find someone. They would be overjoyed to look after all the night feeds, all the worry for school, every second of it. I don't understand why the adoption rate is so low here now.

Don't get me wrong, I know very well how hard pregnancy can be, and it can even be life threatening in some cases. but why on earth is adoption not even considered as an option anymore? Why? There are open adoptions, and all sorts of options there too.

Advertisement