Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Everton:Mucha, Baines, Coleman, Heitinga, Distin, Mirallas, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic

Wigan:Robles, Kone, Alacaraz, Boyce, Beausejour, Scharner, Figueroa, McCarthy, Maloney, Gomez, McManaman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

And a dnb treble of Watford, Forest, Northampton at just over evens

Everton & Over 2.5 goals 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

very rare everton don't concede and score at home so
    going for an obvious one

both teams to score 4/5

mailburner wrote: »
    going for an obvious one

both teams to score 4/5

A good bet with Mucha and Heitinga starting for Everton. Gibson a big loss too. Kone tore Heitinga apart in the league game

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    A good bet with Mucha and Heitinga starting for Everton. Gibson a big loss too. Kone tore Heitinga apart in the league game

hoping just to start the day with a win but kone anytime
    looks too big at 11/4

feck it
    gone with that for small stake

hoping just to start the day with a win but kone anytime
    looks too big at 11/4

feck it
    gone with that for small stake
    as an Everton fan I hope you don't win that bet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Paddy Power did an ehancement for a few hours, Everton to win at 3/1... Of course I missed it :( I dont think I like anything in the PL today, all games seem very unpredictable. Maybe Norwich to beat Southampton.

Double of Everton 4/9 and Nantes 1/2. Price seems pretty good on Nantes at home to the bottom team who have lost the last 7. Wigan expected to play a weakened team at Everton but Mucha in goal worries me for Everton
    think I'll have a cry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

FatRat wrote: »
    Paddy Power did an ehancement for a few hours, Everton to win at 3/1... Of course I missed it :(.

Boom for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Reading vs Aston Villa

11 out of 14 games have had 2 or more goals in Reading's home games this season. There has also been 2 or more goals in 11 games out of 14 in Aston Villa's away games this season.

West Brom vs Swansea

10 out of 14 games have had 2 or more goals in West Brom's home games this season. There has been 2 or more goals in 9 games out of 15 in Swansea's away games this season.

QPR vs Sunderland

10 out of 14 have had 2 or more goals in QPR's home games this season. There has been 2 or more goals in 11 games out of 14 in Sunderland's away games this season.

Over 1.5 goals - Just over evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

My only bet for today Reading V Aston Villa over 2.5 goals @ 17/20 with Lads - max stake

Readings last 5 are over 2.5 and are 4/5 overs in last 5 home games
    Villa last 4/5 are over 2.5 and are 5/5 overs in last 5 away games

Smaller stake on over 3.5 @ 11/5 with Boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Going to try:

Stoke to win to nil @13/2
    Benteke anytime @6/5
    Lambert anytime @8/5
    Man city to win to nil @8/11

Acca 73/1

Got 5/1 on BTTS and Villa to win... Definitely worth a look lads. Villa are in good form but haven't been able to turn that into points. They also never keep clean sheets.

Also doing over 2.5 in:

Reading/Villa
    West Brom/Swansea
    Mochengladbach/Bremen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Villa double chance @8/13 with corals amazing value imo

FatRat wrote: »
    Got 5/1 on BTTS and Villa to win... Definitely worth a look lads. Villa are in good form but haven't been able to turn that into points. They also never keep clean sheets.

I like that
    who's that with?

was planning on doubling overs in that game with
    unders in the qpr game but I'll go with that instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Went for villa Bolton Leicester treble at just over 9/1

I like that
    who's that with?

was planning on doubling overs in that game with
    unders in the qpr game but I'll go with that instead

William hill!

villa and btts at 17/4 ladbrokes
    dont see any other bookie doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 45,335 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lambert anytime, watford and palace 12/1 or so

• Advertisement

going for an obvious one

both teams to score 4/5

was all but counting my money at half time
    absolutely shellshocked

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Following with two seperate bets on Baines and Benteke. :)

Least Benteke didn't let me down :D The run continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Q.P.R. v Sunderland
    You might be tempted to get involved with QPR again this weekend after a massive win last weekend against Southampton saw them move to within 4 points of 17th place Wigan. However, I think 5/4 is still too short for a team with one home win all season. The win over Southampton was slightly fortuitous and i don't think a corner has been turned. Southampton had twice the possession and created 3 times as many chances and they had to rely on an excellent save late on from Robert Green.
    The safer option is definitely to go with unders. QPR have failed to score in their last 5 home games. They really struggle to break teams down when they are the ones expected to attack. Sunderland themselves are on a poor run of goalscoring form having only managed 4 goals in their last 5 league games.
    I'm more inclined to take the 6/4 on Remy anytime as opposed to the QPR win at 5/4 as I've already mentioned their form. He has 2 league goals from his 3 starts and he took his goal really well against Southampton and he offered a threat in behind.
    Under 2.5 goals 3/4 - Collected in QPR's last 4 home games
    Remy anytime 6/4

Reading v Aston Villa

This is a proverbial relegation 6 pointer with both teams occupying the drop zone with one point separating them. Just looking at their recent games it seems overs is the way to go here. You have to go back to the 29th December for the last time there was less than 3 goals in a Reading league game, a run stretching over 8 games. Similarly the overs have collected in 10 of Villa's last 12 league encounters with the 2 games where this didn't happen being home games where they parked the bus. The overs have come in for Villa's last 6 away games with an average of 4.8 goals per game.
    With Reading's defense being particularly porous of late (8 goals conceded in last 3 games) I like Benteke anytime at 11/8. He has been a revelation this season and to score 11 goals in his debut season in a struggling team tells you of his quality. He has fared better on the road of late with 6 of his last 8 league strikes being on the road and he has found the net in 3 of his last 4 on the road.
    Over 2.5 goals 4/5
    Benteke anytime 11/8 - scored in 3 of last 4 away games

Sweet... goalscorer double in already!!! :D:D:D:D the under/ over double aint looking good though def another goal in the QPR game far more open than I thought but a lovely win all the same.... I love gambling!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looking at Over 2.5 and Over 12 corners at 8/5 in the City/Barnsley game. You'd imagine City will just lay siege to them for 90 minutes. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Irish94 wrote: »
    Reading vs Aston Villa

11 out of 14 games have had 2 or more goals in Reading's home games this season. There has also been 2 or more goals in 11 games out of 14 in Aston Villa's away games this season.

West Brom vs Swansea

10 out of 14 games have had 2 or more goals in West Brom's home games this season. There has been 2 or more goals in 9 games out of 15 in Swansea's away games this season.

QPR vs Sunderland

10 out of 14 have had 2 or more goals in QPR's home games this season. There has been 2 or more goals in 11 games out of 14 in Sunderland's away games this season.

Over 1.5 goals - Just over evens.

In before half time, gotta love when research pays off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Higgytash wrote: »
    5/6 on Both Teams to score Ross County v Celtic is a good bet in my opinion, Celtic just back from their disappointing trip to Italy, will be on a low in my opinion. Ross county on the other hand haven't lost at home in 8 games and have won 7 of last 10 game and draw 3 with no losses, this is the best time Ross County could have hoped to face Celtic who are really leaky at the back away lately.

:D Nicely in before half time with both scoring twice to make sure of it :D

Going with the winnings all on Both Teams to score Barcelona and Depor later on. I know its not for a few hours but confident of this one without seeing line ups.

Barca have been poor defensively this season and have conceded in each of thier past 13 games in all competitions and in each of their past 5 at home. Im sure they will rest a few ahead of the vital Champions league game midweek which should take all their attention. Depor scored 4 goals against Barca earlier this season in the 4-5 thriller and have scored in 7 of their last 10 games.

Odds 8/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Villa double chance @8/13 with corals amazing value imo

Looks even better now

Man City Pantilimon, Zabaleta (C), Kolo Toure, Lescott, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko

villa and btts at 17/4 ladbrokes

get in the villa

thanks rat, you put me off a loser onto this

• Advertisement

Double of Everton 4/9 and Nantes 1/2. Price seems pretty good on Nantes at home to the bottom team who have lost the last 7. Wigan expected to play a weakened team at Everton but Mucha in goal worries me for Everton
    And a dnb treble of Watford, Forest, Northampton at just over evens

As an Everton fan today couldn't have gone much worse. Watford ruin the latter better conceding two late goals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement