Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative uses of cult property after the awakening?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Baths will be severely limited
    You can count me out then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Futurology is not pseudo science there is a distinct difference.

Theres nothing been presented here that doesn't deserve the description so far.
    It is a dream , why the aggression. .

I've a strong allergic reaction to bullshit.

As for Humanoids .......

Do please explain why you use the term "humanoids", though I've a feeling it may goes yet more allergic reactions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Zombrex wrote: »
    You have made 35 posts in the last week (does no one know Boards.ie has a search function) which included such over the top klangers as

"As far as I can see, athiests have no interest in civil liberties what so ever unless it has to do with religion, then of course all bets are off."

and

"For whatever reason most Irish Atheists hate the US, yet complain bitterly about the lack of a secular Irish state"

And this in the space of just one week. So yeah, stop complaining your hysterical style of posting is being satirised.

I will stand by those statements. In the gun control thread you have someone arguing against the right to silence....:confused: I suppose thats normal for this board?

And dont get me started on the blatent anti americanism displayed constantly on this board.

Nice editing by the way Yemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

It's a beautiful song :confused::confused::confused:

It is a well-written, well crafted song, recorded to a high standard of performance and production, and I absolutely hate it. Apart from the incident above (and think on it, for a moment. Fifteen times! It went on for well over two hours. I burned off bad karma for past, present and future that night), it's part of the repertoire of every bar band in South East Asia.

I hold few beliefs, but I am convinced that this song was shat from the festering worm-ridden bowels of Lucifer. Hellfire and damnation await those who question my belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Answer the following question Yes or No.

Do you believe the humanoids should live in an environmentally sustainable fashion with mother earth?
    That depends.

Are you using the word “humanoid” in the (now rare) sense of an evolutionary precursor of humans? Because, if so, it’s a bit late to pontificate about whether they should have lived in an environmentally sustainable fashion.

Or are you using the word “humanoid” in the sense of an alien being having a similar physical form to a human? Because, in that case, if any humanoids ever do travel from other worlds to settle on “mother earth”, they will necessarily possess such technological resources as will enable them to disregard my views (and yours) on how they ought to live.

Or are you, as I suspect, using the word “humanoid” without knowing what it means in an attempt to lend some pseudo-scientific colour to your cultic claptrap?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

jank wrote: »
    And dont get me started on the blatent anti americanism displayed constantly on this board.
    This is your last warning -- you'll be carded for your next blanket smear and banned for the one following that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I can't believe no-one's suggested a gay bar yet.

No, they need low ceilings so it can get hot and sweaty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Rocky mountain high .... Colorado

Solar temple in northern Germany

BrIuwGdCYAAewzB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It's gas really the way that atheists, pagans etc are forever going on about religion and people who have faith. Is it possible that deep down they are not comfortable about what is or is not in store for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Holy Sht balls Batman

You just admitted atheists have no faith. Many theists seem to conflate the lack of faith with having faith but you didn't.

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It's gas really the way that atheists, pagans etc are forever going on about religion and people who have faith. Is it possible that deep down they are not comfortable about what is or is not in store for them?

Oh my!
    You've cracked it!

Every night I curl into the fetal position and cry because I fear death
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Many 'pagans' have a religion and faith.. just not in the God you believe in...

It's gas the way that Christians think they are the only ones with faith. Is it possible that the existence of other faiths makes them uncomfortable deep down or is it the fact that belief in particular gods comes and goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Are we doing this thread again?

Cabaal wrote: »
    Oh my!
    You've cracked it!

It's not quite the fetal position you curl into your left leg remains mostly straight and your left hand tends to stretch out laterally away from your chest. You also snort more than sniffles.

Turtwig wrote: »
    It's not quite the fetal position you curl into your left leg remains mostly straight and your left hand tends to stretch out laterally away from your chest. You also snort more than sniffles.

How do you know this?????????????????

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Many 'pagans' have a religion and faith.. just not in the God you believe in...

It's gas the way that Christians think they are the only ones with faith. Is it possible that the existence of other faiths makes them uncomfortable deep down or is it the fact that belief in particular gods comes and goes?

Who said anything about Christians?

endacl wrote: »
    Are we doing this thread again?

Just don't mention youknowwho for feck sake!

Oh my!
    You've cracked it!

Thats understandable.

Who said anything about Christians?

You first.

Who said pagans don't have faith?

How do you know this?????????????????

Know what?

Crap I posted that. ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

May I just take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of Cork

This could take a while.

This could take a while.

Narrahall boi.

Soz like.

There. It's done.

But I don't speak Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

atheists, pagans etc? You dont seem to know what a pagan is.

The people who have faith are far worse, many meet up every week to talk about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

"pagans" have religion and faith.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Is it possible that deep down they are not comfortable about what is or is not in store for them?
    I know what's in store for me.

Dine in for Two! *

* Though I'll be getting my own wine - not the nasty plonk that comes with the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Turtwig wrote: »
    But I don't speak Cork.

Neither do they.

atheists, pagans etc? You dont seem to know what a pagan is.

The people who have faith are far worse, many meet up every week to talk about it!

To be honest you're right, I don't know a lot about pagans or atheists for that matter. Which is probably the main reason that I have zero interest in them or what they do or do not believe in. What baffles me is their preoccupation with religion seeing as they are supposedly non believers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest you're right, I don't know a lot about pagans or atheists for that matter. Which is probably the main reason that I have zero interest in them or what they do or do not believe in. What baffles me is their preoccupation with religion seeing as they are supposedly non believers.

your comment is like saying "I don't know why vegetarians love meat so much"

you're showing yourself up

• Advertisement

your comment is like saying "I don't know why vegetarians love meat so much"

you're showing yourself up

Thats another difference between me and you, I couldn't give 2 f**ks whether I am 'showing myself up' or not!

Advertisement