Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative uses of cult property after the awakening?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So my choice is Christianity or John Denver?

F*ckin' hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Sarky wrote: »

F*ckin' hell.

I was once asked to judge a school choral singing competition. Of course, I obliged, being a nice kinda guy. It was only on the night, when I looked at the programme, when I realised that each class were going to perform the same song. Country Roads by John Denver.

There were fifteen classes.

The deepest sulphurous pit of Beelzebub can hold no such torment, unless Denver himself be one of the Seven Princes of Hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I want whatever the OP is smoking, tbh :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Beruthiel wrote: »
    No he didn't.
    I'm fairly sure he's just yanking your chain...
    So, why bring me into it when the op has nothing to do with me? I don't appreciate it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

jank wrote: »
    So, why bring me into it [...]
    Because you constantly post thinly-veiled insults towards atheists and Sarky is satirising that tedious habit of yours.
    I don't appreciate it.
    Let me assure you that every forum regular here is equally tired of your predictable jibes.

If you don't like having your posting style satirised, then don't post in a style which invites satire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just imagine, Temples to mother-earth(earth labs) in every community where
    awakened enlightened free humanoid volunteers come together to engage in environmental education and activism and worship environmental scientific atheism in order to establish a sustainable environmental for man and nature on the Earth planet.

This is the future.

So transferring from one cult to another then.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Just imagine, Temples to mother-earth(earth labs) in every community where
    awakened enlightened free humanoid volunteers come together to engage in environmental education and activism and worship environmental scientific atheism in order to establish a sustainable environmental for man and nature on the Earth planet.

This is the future.

Why are you deifying (an anthropomorphication of) the planet? That's not very atheist of you.

worship environmental scientific atheism? Worship?????

And why do you insist on calling things 'humanoid'? Do you expect us to 'uplift' other great apes, or invent AI and restrict them to humanoid shapes?

I'm deeply confused by your posts. Why do you think this way? Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

robindch wrote: »
    Because you constantly post thinly-veiled insults towards atheists and Sarky is satirising that tedious habit of yours.Let me assure you that every forum regular here is equally tired of your predictable jibes.

If you don't like having your posting style satirised, then don't post in a style which invites satire.

I have barely posted here the last two months so can u care to post examples. If my posts are over the top and insulting then surely I would have been banned by now but I'm not.....so... As a mod surely u must respect your own charter and the boards.ie site rules.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I have barely posted here the last two months so can u care to post examples. If my posts are over the top and insulting then surely I would have been banned by now but I'm not.....so... As a mod surely u must respect your own charter and the boards.ie site rules.

Popcorn time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jesus. You really do love taking the joy out of everything don't you jank? :(

If it really means that much to you, I'm sorry I hurt your feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't believe no-one's suggested a gay bar yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I can't believe no-one's suggested a gay bar yet.
    Chocolate doesn't have a sexuality.

endacl wrote: »
    Chocolate doesn't have a sexuality.

chocolate is the embodiment of sexuality. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Bannasidhe wrote: »

I discovered last night what happens if you put a Butlers Hot Chocolate Cup into a cup of good coffee. Turns out you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

You have made 35 posts in the last week (does no one know Boards.ie has a search function) which included such over the top klangers as

"As far as I can see, athiests have no interest in civil liberties what so ever unless it has to do with religion, then of course all bets are off."

and

"For whatever reason most Irish Atheists hate the US, yet complain bitterly about the lack of a secular Irish state"

And this in the space of just one week. So yeah, stop complaining your hysterical style of posting is being satirised.

Ah, indeed. Yet it transcends mere orientation. To paraphrase Nietzsche, its beyond gay or straight. It just is. Except for the Cadbury's Flake. I've always found the Flake to be a little self-consciously camp, but this no doubt says more about me than the flake...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

endacl wrote: »
    Ah, indeed. Yet it transcends mere orientation. To paraphrase Nietzsche, its beyond gay or straight. It just is. Except for the Cadbury's Flake. I've always found the Flake to be a little self-consciously camp, but this no doubt says more about me than the flake...

Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate
    Tastes like chocolate never tasted before.

I used to wonder at that last line: how did they know what chocolate never tasted before tasted like?

pauldla wrote: »
    Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate
    Tastes like chocolate never tasted before.

I used to wonder at that last line: how did they know what chocolate never tasted before tasted like?

Remember that Flake ad with yer wan in the overflowing roll top bath eating a Flake. I tried that...
    It was nothing like the ad. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Remember that Flake ad with yer wan in the overflowing roll top bath eating a Flake. I tried that...
    It was nothing like the ad. :mad:

Maybe if ye had yer woman out of the ad in the bath as well....

Nodin wrote: »
    Maybe if ye had yer woman out of the ad in the bath as well....

Two in the bath is never good in reality - someone always ends up sitting on the plughole :(

• Advertisement

If my posts are over the top and insulting then surely I would have been banned by now but I'm not
    I didn't say they were "over the top and insulting", but that they were tedious and predictable and there are no forum rules against that.

Two in the bath is never good in reality - someone always ends up sitting on the plughole :(
    I choose to interpret this as a double entendre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Zombrex wrote: »
    You have made 35 posts in the last week (does no one know Boards.ie has a search function) which included such over the top klangers as

"As far as I can see, athiests have no interest in civil liberties what so ever unless it has to do with religion, then of course all bets are off."

and

"For whatever reason most Irish Atheists hate the US, yet complain bitterly about the lack of a secular Irish state"

And this in the space of just one week. So yeah, stop complaining your hysterical style of posting is being satirised.

You'd almost think that jank is John Waters. :pac:

^^^ No personal comments, plz.

You'd almost think that jank is John Waters. :pac:
    Is john Waters on boards?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

So the "awakening" is a crock of pseudo scientific crap then.

Futurology is not pseudo science there is a distinct difference.

No, that's drivel. The jury is still out whether its attention seeking troll drivel, or just plain drivel, but drivel it most certainly is.

It is a dream , why the aggression.
    Sarky wrote: »

F*ckin' hell.

Attendance at the earth-labs will not be compulsorily although there will be a tax-credit for star attendance

pauldla wrote: »
    I was once asked to judge a school choral singing competition. Of course, I obliged, being a nice kinda guy. It was only on the night, when I looked at the programme, when I realised that each class were going to perform the same song. Country Roads by John Denver.

There were fifteen classes.

The deepest sulphurous pit of Beelzebub can hold no such torment, unless Denver himself be one of the Seven Princes of Hell.

It's a beautiful song :confused::confused::confused:
    DB21 wrote: »
    I want whatever the OP is smoking, tbh :pac:

I don't smoke since being awakened nor consume irrational narcotics
    Sycopat wrote: »
    Why are you deifying (an anthropomorphication of) the planet? That's not very atheist of you.

worship environmental scientific atheism? Worship?????

And why do you insist on calling things 'humanoid'? Do you expect us to 'uplift' other great apes, or invent AI and restrict them to humanoid shapes?

I'm deeply confused by your posts. Why do you think this way? Why?

Yes I will withdraw "worhsip and temples" I got a bit carried away I will replace temple with centre
    and worship with practice

As for Humanoids lets just say there are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

I have been drifting towards scientific atheism environmentalism for some time its become clear
    to me radical action is needed I believe the last straw was this.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/jan/04/shark-fins-hong-kong-rooftop-video
    4452022-3x2-700x467_0.jpg

DrumSteve wrote: »
    So transferring from one cult to another then.

It is a social-political movement not a cult
    I discovered last night what happens if you put a Butlers Hot Chocolate Cup into a cup of good coffee. Turns out you're right.

Chocolaty and coffee will be strickly rationed after the awakening
    The production and greedy over consumption of these crops
    is environmentally unsustainable and illogic
    Two in the bath is never good in reality - someone always ends up sitti
    ng on the plughole :(

Water will be strictly rationed after the awakening
    Baths will be severely limited
    Short Showers will be norm
    People will have to get used to BO there is nothing wrong with it
    perfectly natural. The vast over use of water and overproduction of chemicals and perfumes to hide it is doing tremendous damage to mother earth
    all this will be explained in the earth labs

Ok then.

Futurology is not pseudo science there is a distinct difference.

It is a dream , why the aggression.

Attendance at the earth-labs will not be compulsorily although there will be a tax-credit for star attendance

It's a beautiful song :confused::confused::confused:

I don't smoke since being awakened nor consume irrational narcotics

Yes I will withdraw "worhsip and temples" I got a bit carried away I will replace temple with centre
    and worship with practice

As for Humanoids lets just say there are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

I have been drifting towards scientific atheism environmentalism for some time its become clear
    to me radical action is needed I believe the last straw was this.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/jan/04/shark-fins-hong-kong-rooftop-video
    4452022-3x2-700x467_0.jpg

It is a social-political movement not a cult

Chocolaty and coffee will be strickly rationed after the awakening
    The production and greedy over consumption of these crops
    is environmentally unsustainable and illogic

Water will be strictly rationed after the awakening
    Baths will be severely limited
    Short Showers will be norm
    People will have to get used to BO there is nothing wrong with it
    perfectly natural. The vast over use of water and overproduction of chemicals and perfumes to hide it is doing tremendous damage to mother earth
    all this will be explained in the earth labs

May I just take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of Cork if some of our humanoids get all silly season and lose the run of themselves. See, we had a period of weather there over the last few days where the sun shun and there was no precipitation over large parts of the people's republic and its just made us all giddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Answer the following question Yes or No.

Do you believe the humanoids should live in an environmentally sustainable fashion with mother earth?

• Advertisement

Answer the following question Yes or No.

Do you believe the humanoids should live in an environmentally sustainable fashion with mother earth?

I believe all living creatures should live in an environmentally sustainable fashion. You go first, I'll follow after.

Advertisement