Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

As great as Adam Rose's entrance was, I can't abide a clothesline finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Clemantis wrote: »
    As great as Adam Rose's entrance was, I can't abide a clothesline finish.

Your the second person in as many days I've heard giving out about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ugh, be a rosebud Lance.

Lighten up Lance, wrestling is allowed to be fun and not everyone needs to headline wrestlemania.

tumblr_n21jikfMLP1qheak7o3_250.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Ugh what a tedious twat.

Lighten up Lance, wrestling is allowed to be fun and not everyone needs to headline wrestlemania.

The best bit of karma/trolling is that his former trainees on the NXT roster are Emma and Tyler Breeze.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Agreed here.

IIRC, Rose is 35. He's never going to headline Mania.
    But that doesn't mean he can't make a bit of money for WWE with a fun midcarder gimmick, ala Santino and Fandangoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ugh, be a rosebud Lance.

Headline? Lance never even appeared on a Wrestlemania card.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Adam Rose's theme tune makes a surprisingly good morning alarm. Woke up dancing today.

Haven't been mad about NXT bar a few bright spots for like the last six months

The show has seemingly burst in a ball of flames the past two sets of tapings. What they taped last night:
    April 3rd episode:

* Kalisto made his debut and defeated El Local. This may have been a dark match.

* Emma beat Sasha Banks.

* Brodus Clay defeated Xavier Woods. After the match, Brodus cut a promo about how WWE has taken everything from him.

* Tyler Breeze defeated Yoshi Tatsu.

* Corey Graves defeated Sami Zayn.

April 10th episode:

* Adam Rose came out with his party crew again. He defeated Danny Burch.

* Bayley defeated Sasha Banks.

* Mojo Rawley returns to action and defeated Sylvester Lefort. The crowd went nuts for Mojo. After the match, Brodus Clay came out and slammed Lefort.

* Brodus stays in the ring and calls out NXT Champion Adrian Neville. Neville comes out. They cut promos on each other and Brodus leaves the ring while Neville stands his ground.

* Neville wants fans to turn their backs on Bo Dallas when he comes out for his "occupy NXT" segment. This gets a "yes!" chant going in the crowd. Bo comes out and talks trash about Daniel Bryan's "occupy RAW" angle. He wants the fans to "occupy NXT" but the crowd turns their backs on him. General Manager JBL comes out and says Bo won't get a title shot but since he's ready to fight, he's got a match with Justin Gabriel.

* Bo Dallas defeated Justin Gabriel.

April 17th episode:

* Aiden English defeated Colin Cassady.

* Camacho defeated an unknown wrestler.

* The Ascension defeated a tag team that wasn't announced.

* The Great Khali defeated CJ Parker.

* Jason Jordan and Ty Dillinger defeated Baron Corbin and Sawyer Fulton.

* Adrian Neville beat Brodus Clay by count out.

April 24th episode:

* Sasha Banks and Charlotte defeated Emma and Paige.

* Alexander Rusev defeated Travis Tyler.

* Tyson Kidd defeated Mason Ryan. After the match, Renee Young interviewed Kidd in the ring. He says NXT is the place to be and a platform for the ultimate opportunity.

* Tyler Breeze defeated Angelo Dawkins.

* The Usos and Sami Zayn defeated Corey Graves and The Ascension. There was a lot of dancing after the match. The Usos even got the referee to dance. This may have been a dark main event but that's not confirmed.

Lots of NXT wrestlers and fans are questioning booking, talent selection and the repetitive matches now.

Ryan Ward who used to book NXT during the period it was great was promoted to Smackdown.

Adrian Neville has really deteriorated as an interesting Wrestler.

No Antonio Cesaro and Summer Rae on these shows either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »
    Haven't been mad about NXT bar a few bright spots for like the last six months

The show has seemingly burst in a ball of flames the past two sets of tapings. What they taped last night:

Lots of NXT wrestlers and fans are questioning booking, talent selection and the repetitive matches now.

Ryan Ward who used to book NXT during the period it was great was promoted to Smackdown.

Adrian Neville has really deteriorated as an interesting Wrestler.

No Antonio Cesaro and Summer Rae on these shows either.

No
    Paige
    for three weeks' shows either, what's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Guess I won't be watching for a month! Thanks Christ I read the spoilers !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did they change Adam Rose's music? Not liking the new version.

Did enjoy
    Irish Rover

Genius:
    DEAR NXT UNIVERSE,

I’d like to apologize to all my Bo-Lievers for what took place on Thursday night, Feb. 27, 2014. In case you missed it, Adrian Neville found a way to defeat yours truly and capture my coveted NXT Championship. I’ve had several weeks to digest the events of this tragic day, and if it weren’t for all my loyal Bo-Lievers, I don’t think I would have made it this far. You have truly been the wind Bo-neath my wings. I will never forget that day as long as I live.

When I looked up and saw Adrian Neville holding my championship as he stood atop that ladder, I was filled with a flood of emotions. I was sad, heartbroken, alone and empty. I felt like a piece of me had been ripped from my soul and to make matters worse, I looked and saw each and every one of you. I saw children wiping their tears away, I saw husbands consoling their wives, wives consoling their husbands and even production crew members mourning the loss of their one and only true champion. It was in that moment that I realized a hero had fallen and that hero was me.

You know, they say a man is only as good as his accomplishments, and on Feb. 27, I feel like I failed. I chose to write this letter because I’ve decided I can’t allow myself to be a failure and I won’t allow you to have a failed hero. The desire and fire inside of me has never been stronger. I’ve realized that a true champion fights when the chips are down so you can celebrate when they stand back up. To quote my longtime idol and mentor, John Cena: NEVER GIVE UP. I, BO DALLAS, will never give up.

Bo-Lievers, on this day, I proclaim to you, you will never see someone fight as hard as I’m gonna fight and you will never see someone push as hard as I’m gonna push to one day once again become your NXT CHAMPION. Because I’m not only doing this for me, I’m doing this for the UNIVERSE.

I love each and every one of you and I promise to never let you down again.

Sincerely,

BO

P.S. Your Champion FOREVER…

oW5sCqt.jpg?1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bo should have Batista as an idol. Both of them are great craic as heels and interesting unlike when they are faces.

That letter creeped me out though, I could hear his voice in my head as a I read it.... shiver.

NXT was as forecasted fairly horrendous this weak. Nothing offensive just dull squashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Sheamus' singing was offensive.

Our own Beckly Lynch with washing machine tubes on her head beside Adam Rose:
    BjQZIFiCAAEV9b8.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Kruger Rose must be on the Christian diet these days. He is shrinking every time I see him.

Anyone else think Corey Graves is ****?

Not in a good heel way. I mean he just plain ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone else think Corey Graves is ****?

Not in a good heel way. I mean he just plain ****?

I can't ever see him being called up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't think too highly of him either. Odds were though, he will be called up cos of his look, now that Punk's gone

• Advertisement

Just watched Adrian Neville vs Bo Dallas from last nights broadcast. Neville cracks out a gorgeous inverted shooting star press that I've never seen in WWE before. I've seen Hayabusa do it and it's a thing of beauty.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just watched Adrian Neville vs Bo Dallas from last nights broadcast. Neville cracks out a gorgeous inverted shooting star press that I've never seen in WWE before. I've seen Hayabusa do it and it's a thing of beauty.

Here you go:
    Neville.gif

Neville and Bo put the so-so ladder match behind them. Really enjoyed both in that match. Not much else to NXT this week. Feck off Nattie for a bit because:
    BjyasHVCcAAzOuN.jpg

We want Becky Lynch.

Was that you? :p

Good to see Summer has put on weight over the past few weeks. :pac:

I didn't discourge it.

Firstly

:eek:

Corey Graves getting headlock chanted him was hilarious. The dude is the pits.

Enjoyable episode not as dull or bad as it has been.

Paige, putting the XXX into Wrestlemania XXX

I heard that as well and laughed. She nearly said it a few times but seemed to catch herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am starting to lose interest for NXT.

NXT was the best wrestling show last year in my opinion, but for the last few weeks I feel like I am watching episode of WWE Superstars instead of NXT.

Divas Division on NXT (main reason why I started watching NXT again 2 years ago) is terrible since they brought up Emma to main roster. They need to bring in new divas into the mix such as Rebecca Quinn (or whatever her current name is). Bayley vs. BBF's feud has become stale as well.

Tag Team Division on NXT is none existent, just scrap tag team titles already. The Ascension are such a boring tag team as well.

I agree on the feeling it's like watching Superstars at times, but I think that's more because a lot of the guys in it seem to be midcard level guys. Will see how Bo Dallas and Adam Rose do when they're brought up and how they fit into the main roster. But don't see many of these guys fighting for the title.
    Though I'll admit I was surprised at Camacho's physical appearance. I always saw him as being the size of Mysterio, Primo or Epico, but he does look much bigger.

As for the divas, I definitely agree. There are nearly as many female announcers/interviewers as there are active wrestlers. We have Renee, the ring announcer and the other interviewer and then we have Paige(for now), Bayley, Charlotte and Sasha Banks. Then they just rotate in main roster ones like Natalya.

For the tag teams, do they even have another established team? I know they had a team this week who were still just being named individually.

But they need to start Neville feuding with someone. Of course, someone who isn't called up yet. And I can't really think of a heel who would be a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

mxph3 wrote: »
    I am starting to lose interest for NXT.

NXT was the best wrestling show last year in my opinion, but for the last few weeks I feel like I am watching episode of WWE Superstars instead of NXT.

Divas Division on NXT (main reason why I started watching NXT again 2 years ago) is terrible since they brought up Emma to main roster. They need to bring in new divas into the mix such as Rebecca Quinn (or whatever her current name is). Bayley vs. BBF's feud has become stale as well.

Tag Team Division on NXT is none existent, just scrap tag team titles already. The Ascension are such a boring tag team as well.

I think NXT is in a transitional state right now with talent moving to the main roster.

A dip in the shows quality is to be expected.

• Advertisement

As far as tag teams go, we need The Realest Guys in Da Room back. Enzo Amore with Big Cass is gas. That Dillinger/Jordan combo looked alright I thought and the matching trunks was good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement