Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Looking forward to this tonight, hopefully it'll be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

How long has Bo Dallas been doing that fake smile schtick? Cause that's far more interesting than generic face guy from the 2013 Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ridley wrote: »
    How long has Bo Dallas been doing that fake smile schtick? Cause that's far more interesting than generic face guy from the 2013 Rumble.

Since he won the belt around 7/8 months ago I think ? Open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bret Hart, Kevin Nash and Paul Heyman are the pre show panel for this tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since he won the belt around 7/8 months ago I think ? Open to correction

Yeah just before that. He went in as a face but was being booed. He's got a very punchable face so the whole gimmick suits him. Just how he always acts like he's in denial until someone says something that wipes the smile off his face.
    Of course they's not saying booooooo. They're saying Booooo. And it's not "No more Bo", they're saying "Let's go Bo".

Don't stop Bo-lieving!

• Advertisement

Nash has definitely had a few drinks before being on the pre show panel :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nash has definitely had a few drinks before being on the pre show panel :P

And the divas match isn't first either which is suprising.

This dropping the antonio from cesaro is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Amazing match imo a good bit better then the 2 out of 3 falls match Zayn should be on raw and Cesaro should be right up there with Bryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

amazing that the same people run NXT run raw NXT is like a breath of fresh air

get regal on raw commmentary NOW.

It baffles me as to how paige isn't on raw already. And i love that the commentators are actually calling the moves by the names instead of the usual "modified version of..." crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It baffles me as to how paige isn't on raw already.
    As someone commented somewhere else, would you rather see Paige having 15 minute matches on NXT or dancing with Santino on Raw?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It baffles me as to how paige isn't on raw already.

A lot had to do with her age. She only just turned 21. Apparently she is the absolute next person to be called up but got delayed as she had to take time off to deal with personal issues.

Love her new finisher:

BhiKTDqIAAAErQ1.jpg

The only other time I've ever seen it used was when Bull Nakano was in WWF for a brief time:

PDVD_000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Great show, watched it on delay on the Network on my iPhone this morning. 10er a month well spent!!!!

Thank god for NXT. The guys being called up, and the show itself, is keeping me very interested these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Very good show, they really went all out for it, lot of stars there. Good to see.

Cesaro v Zayn was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Looking forward to this when I have a chance. PPV of the year contender from what ive been reading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Will Arrival be on Sky anytime?

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Will Arrival be on Sky anytime?

As in On Demand? Doubt it.

It is being shown next week and following week. Two 1 hour episodes.

Chopped up essentially.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So I'll admit, I've not watched NXT before. As a result, I also haven't seen many, if any, of the people before outside of clips and pictures (Paige :P). But I wanted to try and get into NXT given how good people say it is.

First match in....Jesus, Cesaro and Zayn are awesome together. I nearly jumped out of my seat when Sami went for the dive through the ropes and Cesaro caught him with the uppercut, and looked to outright kill him. This is brilliant...

So I'll admit, I've not watched NXT before. As a result, I also haven't seen many, if any, of the people before outside of clips and pictures (Paige :P). But I wanted to try and get into NXT given how good people say it is.

First match in....Jesus, Cesaro and Zayn are awesome together. I nearly jumped out of my seat when Sami went for the dive through the ropes and Cesaro caught him with the uppercut, and looked to outright kill him. This is brilliant...

Not normally like this. NXT has a match on that level about every 3 months or so.

There's ANOTHER NXT taping tonight IMMENSELY confused when they air. Mid April?

There's another NXT taping March 13th.

IF NXT doesn't wheel out Becky Lynch OFFICALLY St. Patrick's Day eve I will be PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

de6f8798a0ca11e3852c0e82256d50e4_8.jpg

Yay Solomon Crowe debuted at the tapings last night:
    BhmdyTTCcAAMhrC.jpg

As babyface and without the hacker gimmick. Seemingly he is the same character as he was on the indies when he was DEATH MACHINE Sami Callihan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »
    A lot had to do with her age. She only just turned 21. Apparently she is the absolute next person to be called up but got delayed as she had to take time off to deal with personal issues.

Love her new finisher:

BhiKTDqIAAAErQ1.jpg

Paige is going to be a big deal, as far as Divas go, she's got the lot. I see she's now got her own tshirt in the wwe store and her theme is available to buy, her promotion must be very imminent. Look forward to her and AJ interacting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder how she fits in with AJ though. I mean, obviously her vs AJ could be a great feud to start off with, but they kind of occupy the same "weird but hot chick" character.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished watching. I think it showed 2 things: how good nxt matches can be and how poor the main shows have got.

Thought the zayn match was meant to be 2 out of 3 falls but I thought the result was the right one anyway. Showed zany as strong against a main eventer without having a newly pushed Cesaro losing to a new guy.

Women's match wasn't perfect but thought it was good and just reinforced how annoying it is that they stuck Emma with Santino instead of in the divas division. Though at least she's had one match. As was said it kind of makes you hope they don't bring Paige up.

Happy to see Neville win though was thinking where are the previous champs? Big E is intercontinental champ while Rollins up until the EC match was pretty much the other guy in the Shield

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just finished watching. I think it showed 2 things: how good nxt matches can be and how poor the main shows have got.

I need to come down like a tonne of bricks on this. NXT has been largely crap this year bar a very good episode two weels ago and a good episode last week. Reading the results of last night's NXT taping that situation will remain unchanged. NXT Arrival was the best NXT has to offer but NXT's normal is really poor and dreary in ring these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

On NXT they tend to have the best matches for the title or when someone from main roster turns up.

Mojo v Moon child is more typical of recent tapings quality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement