Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Finally saw arrival, really enjoyable,

credit where its due to HHH, nxt can be great at times, hard to believe its the same company sometimes, really enjoyed the video packages especially, 3 main matches were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cesaro vs Zayn had me actually caring about the result. The embrace at the
    end was the ultimate pay off, I actually felt invested big time. Cesaro drilled that Neutralizer at the end, looked like a killer move. Zayn is a great underdog, very likeable.

Some brilliant outings from Cesaro as of late, with all styles of opponents too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Maybe a question for another thread.

Is Cesaro the best Wrestler in the E now?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Maybe a question for another thread.

Is Cesaro the best Wrestler in the E now?

I would say it is still Bryan but Cesaro is just behind him just. I just hope we get a series of PPV's based around them. WWE dropped the ball with Bryan/Punk I hope they don't do the same with Bryan/Cesaro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

In ring debut this week on NXT

:o

Trust his entrance is absolutely spectacular.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,889 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched this week's episode. I really like Adam Rose's entrance. Is his entourage all developmental talent? Some unique looking people there, like the guy dressed all in black. And who was the bouncer at the VIP area? Looked familiar. Guessing the masked guy twirling is their Sin Cara replacement.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watched this week's episode. I really like Adam Rose's entrance. Is his entourage all developmental talent? Some unique looking people there, like the guy dressed all in black. And who was the bouncer at the VIP area? Looked familiar. Guessing the masked guy twirling is their Sin Cara replacement.

All developmental talent.

The bouncer is Braun Stowman aka Adam Scherr a 6 ft 8 in 385 pounds Champion strongman competitor. He is the lad with yoke on his head as Sami Zayn watches ex-Port Vale goalkeeper Stuart Tomlinson (who was also in the entrance) kick it off his head:
    http://instagram.com/p/kSbU28yFjA/

The masked guy is Kalisto aka Samurai Del Sol - a close to a Rey Mysterio WWE will probably get.

The guy in the all black gimp suit I need to find out.

Other notable people are Solomon Crowe former indy wrestler was on the DJ desks. A role SO unlike him.

Our own Rebecca Lynch was in the Tutu:
    2z52duf.jpg

Cool for her family to finally see her on TV even in a cameo role. Also the show was taped on her birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any news on why they dropped the Leo Kruger gimmick?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any news on why they dropped the Leo Kruger gimmick?

They didn't drop it. Raymond Leppan the person behind the gimmick decided to change the character. He's nearly 35, wrestled for nearly 20 years, move from South Africa etc. WWE didn't give the Krugar character a sniff of a call up to the main roster. He was frustrated with good reason.

In NXT every Wednesday night is "Communion Skills" aka promo class. Occasionally these video leak. This one Raymond cutting a "shoot" promo about his frustrations:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

At least he has a substantially different look. Seems over enough and has potential to be a great gimmick.

When was the Adam Rose debut segment taped? Was this after NXT Arrival? I remember seeing grainy photos of this from weeks ago?

When was the Adam Rose debut segment taped? Was this after NXT Arrival? I remember seeing grainy photos of this from weeks ago?

January 30th.

The other matches on this show were taped the night after Arrival -February 28th/last Friday.

The February matches have a completely different, upgraded arena setup.

Do you live in the USA/attend NXT regularly? :D

Do you live in the USA/attend NXT regularly? :D

Nah just follow the tapings.

Normally it isn't this complicated. They just stick with drawing matches from the same TV taping. But with the events at Arrival they felt they needed more contemporary footage.

The upgraded the arena for NXT Arrival and it airing on the WWE Network. More video screens mainly.

Yeah I used to follow the tapings but then stopped reading the spoilers as it used to ruin a months worth of viewing...

Yeah they seem to be using the "new" Logo more prominently too. It's on the Belt and Logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that Cesaro/Zayn match was something else, crowd were super into it, both guys looked strong, great finish, more of this please WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

krudler wrote: »
    that Cesaro/Zayn match was something else, crowd were super into it, both guys looked strong, great finish, more of this please WWE.
    Is it online somewhere?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is it online somewhere?

I'll PM you the very official WWE Network site ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'll PM you the very official WWE Network site ;p

I'll take a pm too please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

With thanks to Omackeral

That is probably the most i've enjoyed watching a WWE product in a long long time.

so good.

Flipping Adam Rose theme stuck in my head all night. Epic doesn't begin to describe that tune!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Omackeral wrote: »
    Flipping Adam Rose theme stuck in my head all night. Epic doesn't begin to describe that tune!

Yeah, me too.

Being honest, I know nothing about Kruger/Rose.
    But I watched that entrance, and honestly I feel it screams someone bigger than NXT. And the song (and that ****ing dance move at the WOOOO!) has been jammed deep in my head all night (though, thankfully, it has finally dislodged "Everything is Awesome").

Everything is awesome.... Everything is cool when you're part of the team!

Both great songs. Hope they clash at Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm delighted to see Rose / Kreuger doing well. I thought his Leo Kreuger gimmick would have been breast in the main roster. And dang!!! That new theme music is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »

I could see the Raw after Mania crowd adoring that entrance, and rightfully so.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,889 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And now I have a Adam Rose theme/Everything is Awesome mash up stuck in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just saw Roses debut, he has huge potential

uru7ured.jpg

• Advertisement

Lighten up a bit Lance!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement