Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feedback on rose carbon bikes needed

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭hueylewis

denbatt wrote: »
    My bike arrived today and to my horror........ compact cranks! I emailed Rose and spoke to an agent in the U.K. He said he would get back to me, I am pretty gutted, Its like forbidden fruit sitting in a huge box in my sitting room :(. Even debating should i just settle for the compact now as i was really hoping to have a fue spins on it this week and use it for the Rebel tour Saturday.

Ah that's desperate. Mind if I ask what you had actually asked for? A standard double? Did they get the cassette right at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

hueylewis wrote: »
    Ah that's desperate. Mind if I ask what you had actually asked for? A standard double? Did they get the cassette right at least?

Yeah a standard 39/53, and 11/28 in the rear, everything else seems to be spot on bar cranks, but why should i settle i guess. and even if i did i wouldn't need the 28 with the compact. The better sort it asap, half hoping they could do a deal with a local shop or something so i could sort it fast

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭hueylewis

Yeah a standard 39/53, and 11/28 in the rear, everything else seems to be spot on bar cranks, but why should i settle i guess. and even if i did i wouldn't need the 28 with the compact. The better sort it asap, half hoping they could do a deal with a local shop or something so i could sort it fast

Nah you shouldn't settle. Wait and see what they say I suppose, maybe they'll send you out the right one for free and reimburse the fitting costs or something. This is the unfortunate downside of online/distance trading; every now and again something goes wrong and even if you're ultimately not out of pocket, you're left with a week or fortnight long headache and waiting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Wouldn't be settling for that.. When did he say he would get back to you ?

hueylewis wrote: »
    Nah you shouldn't settle. Wait and see what they say I suppose, maybe they'll send you out the right one for free and reimburse the fitting costs or something. This is the unfortunate downside of online/distance trading; every now and again something goes wrong and even if you're ultimately not out of pocket, you're left with a week or fortnight long headache and waiting around.

Will be onto him again first thing, will demand that they sort it with a lbs or else send a courier straight over to collect it,
    shaka wrote: »
    Wouldn't be settling for that.. When did he say he would get back to you ?

He didn't:rolleyes: sorry i didn't phone back this evening. He just took my number and details of the mix up, i also emailed Rose, surprised i didn't get a reply yet, as before i bought the bike i sent them a couple of emails that they replied to straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

What model did you go for and Other than that what do you think of finish of bike ?

Bit of a bitch if its not sorted for rebel tour, I'd of been keeping eye out for it in ardgroom

shaka wrote: »
    What model did you go for and Other than that what do you think of finish of bike ?

Bit of a bitch if its not sorted for rebel tour, I'd of been keeping eye out for it in ardgroom

Carbon pro rs 3000. Have to say the quality seems very good.

Rose got back to me today. They said they would send on the standard crank. Never said anything about sending back the compact tho. So may use it next Saturday now. He he he

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Rose got back to me today. They said they would send on the standard crank. Never said anything about sending back the compact tho. So may use it next Saturday now. He he he

rebel tour? healy *2 and caha? you might be glad of the compact come the finish in glengariff

mossym wrote: »
    rebel tour? healy *2 and caha? you might be glad of the compact come the finish in glengariff

Lol. True

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

My apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

but, do any of the rose bike owners know what bar tape they put on the bikes? I'm looking primarily at you atom as you've the same model as me. it's a black fabric type tape as opposed to some of the shinier more plastic type tapes

looking to replace what's on mine and would like to get more of the same, it is comfortable stuff.

will try and get a bit more detail on it tonight, including a pic if it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AtomMcC

If my memory serves me correctly, I think it may be Fizik Superlight Soft Touch bar tape.
    Available here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/fizik-superlight-classic-bar-tape/rp-prod27916

I replaced my tape some time back and went for Prologo Skintouch Similar feel but a little thicker and harder wearing. I'd buy it again.
    Available here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/prologo-skintouch-handlebar-tape/rp-prod88816

Advertisement