Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feedback on rose carbon bikes needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

mossym wrote: »
    feck it anway, if i had signed up for the rosecard before hand i could have got 2% of the purchase price, or nearly 50 euros credit to spend? that was an oversight.

Sign up anyway - I'm not sure, but I think you may get the credit retrospectively for future purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I may be wrong on this! Sorry for any inconvenience caused:o.

I read it as BB86 which takes a standard Shimano 24mm spindle in a 86mm press fit BB. Rose describe their system as a 30mm/86mm system. However, that's what standard BB30 is. Also they specify this BB with cranksets from Shimano, SRAM and Campy so there would appear to be different variants of it. My take would be that if you order a BB386 with a Shimano crankset you can then do a straight swop with another Shimano but if you, say, order one with Campy PT/UT it would be totally incompatible with a Shimano crankset.

If I can get more info on BB386, which appears to be a Rose proprietary standard, I'll post it up later.

Edit: It's actually an FSA standard which uses a 30mm inside diameter BB and a series of adapters for the different types of cranksets - see http://www.fullspeedahead.com/storage/insidetech/items/EN_e656e229-9b7e-4e8a-ac9a-412d8ef8ff75_BB386EVOCompatibility_120504-R1.pdf

Nice one Paul. Gotta admit, bottom bracket standards/formats confuse the hell outta me more than any other bike component. I've emailed Rose and asked for their view on whether it'll be compatible or if an adaptor would be required, will see how it goes.

It's a big purchase so I won't rush it, I'd rather ensure that what I do buy is right when I get it, and if that means missing out on current stock, that'll have to be fine. As it's the 2013 Xeon CW Team frame I'm interested in, I'd say they'll have plenty of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Rose responded to say they are aiming to have the new configurator available end of next week.

Also confirmed the CW Team frame is only available in black. Would've been nice to have a choice, but it is a very nice shiny black so it'll be grand.

They were also confident the DuraAce 7950 chainset/cranks would work on that frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AtomMcC

route66 wrote: »

Sign up anyway - I'm not sure, but I think you may get the credit retrospectively for future purchases.
    Do indeed sign up for it. I signed up in December and still got credits for all purchases I made in 2012, including the bike I bought in June. Happy days.

Good stuff!

In the meantime have a little read here - some details on how Rose deliveries work amongst other things.
    All sounds 100% familiar to me. Fair play route66 for putting the step by step guide together. It should go a long way to helping many people. I'm mad I never got a Rose mug though :-(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

AtomMcC wrote: »
    Do indeed sign up for it. I signed up in December and still got credits for all purchases I made in 2012, including the bike I bought in June. Happy days.

signed up already, hopefully will get the credit as the points on a 2500 euro purchase will get me something at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Great thread lads - Rose is creeping to the top of my short list now

It's the top of my list too. Just need a bit over €2k to make it happen ;-)

Konkers wrote: »
    Absolutely will not forget. Shiny white and went with the ultegra option.
    I'll have to buy a bottle of fairy......:pac:
    Best of luck with the new bike when you get it.
    I'm not sure about the shiny white colour but the matt white I got is very tricky to keep clean. Any oil stains wouldn't come off whatsoever and were wrecking my head for the first few weeks. Then I tried Muc-Off bike cleaner from Halfords (the pink stuff). Absolutely magic! Removes all oil, grease & dirt stains. Just said I'd mention it in case you had the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

AtomMcC wrote: »
    Best of luck with the new bike when you get it.
    I'm not sure about the shiny white colour but the matt white I got is very tricky to keep clean. Any oil stains wouldn't come off whatsoever and were wrecking my head for the first few weeks. Then I tried Muc-Off bike cleaner from Halfords (the pink stuff). Absolutely magic! Removes all oil, grease & dirt stains. Just said I'd mention it in case you had the same issue.

Ah Feck it,,,, You know I went with the white cost I did not like the look of the "random carbon" finish of the black frame. This was just based on the limited user photos on the web. Is it cos the finish is rough and not dead smooth?
    I think I've only ever cleaned my current bike once or twice. It's dark grey so it can take the dirt. If they had the black without this so called random finish I would ahve gone for it in a heartbeat. I'm sure I could ring them and chnage it. They had fewer white frames. Something to thing about over the weekend........................ Now where's the remote to watch this interview. Kids are in bed and the beers have been chiled:D

• Advertisement

quick update. had Friday as an assembly date for my rose bike, which had me thinking it would start assembly on friday, based on Atom's experience i was thinking a week for assembly, week for delivery so was thinking bike in 2 weeks time. just got an email from rose to say my bike shipped this morning, so hopefully have it next week. can't wait..:)

plus i got the credit for the purchase in my rose account, plus the 300 points...so big thumbs up for rose

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Just to let you all know that my other half (i entered under her name and mine) was lucky to win a Rosebike wishlist competition at Christmas to the value of €2,500. I was always in the belief somebody was taking the piss but i have received proof when i received this on Friday. I hope the photos come up.

8B29AE71D16E4754995224D7FC4E67EE-0000362093-0003157845-00800L-1568DE094FF647B4B9117FECE24C6B40.jpg

BA5110235A884EEAB55FAE8A5FBDD0F9-0000362093-0003157847-00800L-DBAE161BE4CD42F9BE2CA7892E01085E.jpg

Its a Pro RS 3000 and its the aluminium version. Its a huge change from my Carrera TDF, its so light, set up is for a racer, Ultegra is so accurate and its class. I have always drooled over these bikes and now i have one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Remember seeing you post about that ^ :)

Pictures arent working on my end though

Zyzz wrote: »
    Remember seeing you post about that ^ :)

Pictures arent working on my end though

Fixed that :)

Wow. That's a nice surprise/bit of luck. Enjoy.
    Can't imagine the carerra getting much of a look in anymore.

xbox gamer wrote: »

Its a Pro RS 3000 and its the aluminium version. Its a huge change from my Carrera TDF, its so light, set up is for a racer, Ultegra is so accurate and its class. I have always drooled over these bikes and now i have one :D

just out of curiosity, why did you go for the alu over the CF at that price?

lovely looking bike, i'm sure it'll get a lot of use over the summer

Awesome! Fair play. Great to see someone actually win one of these competitions for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

2.5k on alu bike ? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

shaka wrote: »

Nothing wrong with aluminium. It's often cheaper to replace in a crash and only a couple of hundred grams heavier.

just out of curiosity, why did you go for the alu over the CF at that price?

lovely looking bike, i'm sure it'll get a lot of use over the summer

I chose it cause (i think) its an extra €300+ more you get a 200 gram lighter carbon fibre bike. Not worth it in my eyes and I wouldn't be able to live with the probability of the carbon frame breaking. Just my thought though.

Anyhow i got sorted with tools and a bench with that extra €300+ i saved.

The bike itself was €1750 so the rest went on tools and a bench. Sorted me out. To be honest i entered the competition at about 12 with the thought i'm not going to win so chose alot of pointless other things and at 3 the other half received an email saying she won. Pure chance

• Advertisement

got a call from my wife who's home sick, a big brown box with Rose written on it just got delivered

must be the pedals i ordered...:)

mine actually arrived this AM.
    Spoke to An Post yesterday and they said it would be friday next at the earliest..........................:D

Konkers wrote: »
    mine actually arrived this AM.
    Spoke to An Post yesterday and they said it would be friday next at the earliest..........................:D

i'll show you mine if you show me yours..:)

We want pictures, reviews, the lot!

We want pictures, reviews, the lot!

pics i can help with straight away0C4553A6-5854-4383-A76D-7AE526D1094D-5736-0000059C9B53E071_zps6f48632b.jpg

83975054-CCC8-47FA-845A-35EE7A1CCDB3-5736-0000059C8D149AA2_zps707f70ff.jpg

review, well that will have to wait for a dry day, it's not been outside the door yet..:) i still expect to use my felt a lot when conditions don't lend themselves to taking the rose out.

first impressions though..love it. it's soooooo light compared to my felt. and the brief play with di2 already lets me see how immediate and smooth it is.

couple of small things, i knew going with the black version instead of the white i was at the mercy of the carbon manufacturing process, and this being the last frame of it's size (it disappeared as an option after i ordered this one) i expected that the better frames would have been long gone, there is quite a bit of marking on the frame, nothing too bad, but it's there when you look for it.

the other thing is, it was supposed to come with continental GP tyres, and instead it came with mavic own brand tyres, which i don;t know anything about, but reviews are positive. i asked about getting the carbones, it was an option, but decided to stick with the kysriums. hoping the tyres are decent now.

review, well that will have to wait for a dry day, it's not been outside the door yet..:) i still expect to use my felt a lot when conditions don't lend themselves to taking the rose out.

That's only newitus talking. Understandable, but newitus nevertheless ;-)

Nice bike, by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Damn what I would do for a Di2 setup :(

Zyzz wrote: »
    Damn what I would do for a Di2 setup :(

constant rain, what i wouldn't get to try a Di2 setup....:mad:

couple of small things, i knew going with the black version instead of the white i was at the mercy of the carbon manufacturing process, and this being the last frame of it's size (it disappeared as an option after i ordered this one)

Love the colour. I was looking at the grey on black frames myself and i think it stands out more than any other bike. Also its easier to keep clean. Wear well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

got a call from my wife who's home sick, a big brown box with Rose written on it just got delivered

must be the pedals i ordered...:)

You think you wife got excited for a while thinking you were going all out Romantic this Valentines?

Advertisement