Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭dmigsy

di11on wrote: »
    I was half thinking of getting a custom tank job to make it look like a pint... the wife said that was too cringe... but I'm an emmigrant... that gives me latitude, right?

Go for it. It's cringe enough already with the Harp and Eire. Now you just need some bar-end tassels and a fringe jacket to complete the look! :P

Honestly, I wouldn't do anything more to the bike. The cool thing about it is the blacked-out look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

di11on wrote: »
    Living in France and with Covid restrictions, feeling far from home.

You're missing nothing fella lol

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

zubair wrote: »
    You're missing nothing fella lol

Except maybe a lower R number than France. And higher priced alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And higher priced alcohol.

CASE CLOSED!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Gave the wifes GSXR600 SRAD the once over yesterday. She's decided after driving it literally a couple of times she doesn't like it. :rolleyes:

550209.jpg

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    Gave the wifes GSXR600 SRAD the once over yesterday. She's decided after driving it literally a couple of times she doesn't like it. :rolleyes:

550209.jpg

That actually took longer than I expected :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Having used their products for the past year in my work vehicle. I decided to take the plunge and bought the mirror mount, vibration damper and wireless charging head. The previous owner had a gps mounted up there and made **** of the dash drilling it out 😒 few little extras to be lined up but getting there slowly!

Trying to get the bike sorted to hopefully tackle the Highland 500 this year. Phones are waterproof these days and constantly updated so it made sense.. sits in behind the touring screen. Excellent job 😊😊

'hdz

blade1 wrote: »
    That actually took longer than I expected :pac:

Its up on Facebewk now and it'll be on Donedeal later if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

hedzball wrote: »
    Having used their products for the past year in

'hdz

Good stuff. Quad Lock ? Was looking at them but as my phone is not waterproof. Went with Ultimate Addons in the end as it has an opening for cable. The Tiger 800 has a din socket beside the key, so its handy. The case itself is bulky enough but no amount of rain will get in.

Mount I got from a lad off the Tiger 800 forum/Facebook group.

154754737_10165188731195271_5077080390436593996_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=y8sHeiEG8HcAX_JLItw&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=5f1bffccb4a5cf9fdaf4b176abd7b758&oe=609D5C8B

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

GBX wrote: »
    Good stuff. Quad Lock ?

Thats the one.. Good system if a little heavy price wise.. beauty about is im due an upgrade and its just a new case and im away again.

decent warranty with them too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

550209.jpg

Saw the ad on DD. That bike is silly clean for its age, beautiful example of an SRAD. Hope it goes to a good home!

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Saw the ad on DD. That bike is silly clean for its age, beautiful example of an SRAD. Hope it goes to a good home!

Thanks , I was shocked when I took off the fairings trying to find something wrong. Only to find all the fairings had the right date stamp and not a mark anywhere.

Thanks , I was shocked when I took off the fairings trying to find something wrong. Only to find all the fairings had the right date stamp and not a mark anywhere.

Cracker. Has she something else in mind?

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Cracker. Has she something else in mind?

If he lets us know in advance before selling them we'll all be sorted for bikes in no time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

If he lets us know in advance before selling them we'll all be sorted for bikes in no time.:D

I wouldnt buy a bike devil owned before, its guaranteed to breakdown or burst into flames.

zubair wrote: »
    I wouldnt buy a bike devil owned before, its guaranteed to breakdown or burst into flames.

That's the haggling ammo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm curious, what was she coming from before? And what did she not like about the Gixxer?

I'm curious, what was she coming from before? And what did she not like about the Gixxer?

She has an R9T and she's going to stick with that.

One for everyone in the audience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

A '76 Kawasaki Z750 got two new sparkplugs as one was often a dud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

The Pig lives.
    Got the starter motor finally fixed on the DR650se, it was shorting out on the commutator, so cleaned it up, put new brushes in and got it going.
    Also put a new Wilbur shock in there with remote Preload and then got a procycle jet kit.
    So swapped out the stock 140 jet to a 155 jet to match the GSXR exhaust and airbox mod, the pipe also had the weld spot sanded down as well.
    A fuel mixture screw was added and the needle swapped as well.

Runs like an entirely different bike now, and also starts on the button which is a plus.
    ElsaR2c.jpg
    tFKhwyb.jpg
    EXGmNJI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

goblin59 wrote: »
    The Pig lives.
    Got the starter motor finally fixed on the DR650se, it was shorting out on the commutator, so cleaned it up, put new brushes in and got it going.
    Also put a new Wilbur shock in there with remote Preload and then got a procycle jet kit.
    So swapped out the stock 140 jet to a 155 jet to match the GSXR exhaust and airbox mod, the pipe also had the weld spot sanded down as well.
    A fuel mixture screw was added and the needle swapped as well.

Runs like an entirely different bike now, and also starts on the button which is a plus.
    ElsaR2c.jpg
    tFKhwyb.jpg
    EXGmNJI.jpg

Lovely. Really sorted machine fair play. Nice save with the starter.
    The no tools fuel screw is dead handy, have one on both Dr's. Actually used it yday! On the blue 750 i needed to richen her a half turn more than oem to account for the busa can I have on it. Gsxr/busa cans are far better on these than the average noise maker, make much more stomp low down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

H_Lime wrote: »
    Lovely. Really sorted machine fair play. Nice save with the starter.
    The no tools fuel screw is dead handy, have one on both Dr's. Actually used it yday! On the blue 750 i needed to richen her a half turn more than oem to account for the busa can I have on it. Gsxr/busa cans are far better on these than the average noise maker, make much more stomp low down.

Yeah I'm glad I got that starter sorted.
    This is my education in maintenance bike, There's very little of this bike I haven't actually taken apart to modify or rebuild now.

only thing I haven't done is taken the top end off or messed with the Stator.
    But neither have needed that, so no point.
    Most I've done to the top end is the tappets.

How do you pick up on if you need to richen the mixture?
    I just did the prescribed screw the mix screw all the way in and then 2 full rotations back out.

Its mad they don't have a fuel mixture screw on as stock though.

Next steps are change the front disc, (still after a 320mm disc) and then eventually swap the stock seat for something better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Gave the Blackbird a solid clean today. Did a clay bar, compound, polish and wax on the tank. Cleaned the rest of her, including Autosol where needed. Sprayed the top box with a black trim cleaner to see if she holds the colour or reverts to the faded colouring.

Also finally swapped the fecking low and high beam connections. I always wondered why I got flashed a lot, some investigation involving LollipopJimmy concluded that the low and high beam connectors were the wrong way around (the Blackbird has the dip beam on the upper part of the lamp, and the full beam on the lower part).
    After much, MUCH cramped, awkward, blind fumbling which took me back to my teenage days, I managed to sort it. Solid three hours work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

It’s days like this I wish I still smoked after removing the old exhaust

D0092-F8-A-4604-414-B-BB92-1-A4031-E16-CB1.jpg

122-ADC36-FD3-E-412-B-A34-B-85-A00435-D17-F.jpg

971-BF885-9-EEF-4940-8-A8-F-2-DBD96-E80-AA9.jpg

DA5-BFC10-9-C5-E-49-F2-A813-D58952191-EC4.jpgupload image net

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    It’s days like this I wish I still smoked after removing the old exhaust

D0092-F8-A-4604-414-B-BB92-1-A4031-E16-CB1.jpg

122-ADC36-FD3-E-412-B-A34-B-85-A00435-D17-F.jpg

Look on the bright side.
    No one will walk out in front of you anyway! :pac:

Look on the bright side.
    No one will walk out in front of you anyway! :pac:

She was well rotten and loud before taking it off :pac:

She was well rotten and loud before taking it off :pac:

Bring all the bits that fall off or you take off back to the seller and tell him you didn't need these and ask for half your money back :pac:

Bring all the bits that fall off or you take off back to the seller and tell him you didn't need these and ask for half your money back :pac:

He’s on here I heard or at least someone close to him is. He told me

• Advertisement

He’s on here I heard or at least someone close to him is. He told me

Handy. You can pm him your sort code for the refund :D

Advertisement