Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Creuset cast iron & stoneware set rrp €162 now €48.60

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

versachi wrote: »
    I had already liked them when they were running Facebook competitions so didn't have to go to any effort.

Looks like it was a battle worth fighting. They are going to give me the items I ordered at the sale price once they come back into stock. Happy days!

Got the same email today after writing a complaint. Thanks for the to versachi

• Registered Users Posts: 34 versachi

redalan wrote: »
    Got the same email today after writing a complaint. Thanks for the to versachi

No problem.

I have had another issue since then though. I emailed to ask when the items that I ordered would be back in stock and they said that everything bar the le creuset was "discontinued". Not a major deal though as that was the one thing I really wanted. I've learned in the last while that complaining about an issue normally gets you what you want.

The Blue Le Crueset mug I ordered is back in stock on the debenhams website yet I've heard nothing from them? Do I have to contact Debenhams to get it at the price it was cancelled at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

I unsubscribed from their email list and will not use their online order facility again.
    Tried to order a heavily reduced cutlery set and swim shorts but the online system on three ocassions over a number of nights refused to honour the transaction. On the 4th however it said it was now out of stock, says it all really :rolleyes:

Don't waste your time, life is too short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I sent them multiple emails asking them to give me what I ordered. Eventually they phoned me and went on and on about technical error etc. I said "not my fault!" and that I wanted the pizza stones for the price I paid. No joy, they said they are out of stock. It's ridiculous. I'll never ever shop with them online again. Total joke.

• Advertisement

So obviously the email I got saying they would honour the price was a pack of lies then? What a sh1t heap Debenhams is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

VanZan wrote: »
    So obviously the email I got saying they would honour the price was a pack of lies then? What a sh1t heap Debenhams is.

Well unless you were speaking with some other manager and I got a raw deal with the guy who phoned me! I'm done with them anyway, they are just ridiculous and will never get my hard earned cash again.

VanZan - I have just gotten my Le Creuset in Volcanic, and they are honouring the original price. Only took SIX weeks to come back into stock but I am happy enough getting it at such a reduced rate!

may I ask how you went about getting it at the reduced price please?

may I ask how you went about getting it at the reduced price please?

Did you get an email from them saying that they would honour the original price?
    If so, I hope you kept it as they need the original order number from January.

You order at full price and then when you receive it, call them and they do a thing called an Ad Hoc refund back into your account. Before I ordered mine at full price I called to make sure I'd get the refund.

The other way to do it is to call them and they can order it on the phone and take the payment of €48.60 from your card there and then.

Hope that's some help to you.

• Advertisement

Thanks! Can I just ask one more quickie? The original order had free delivery.....did they refund you the delivery cost as well?

Thanks! Can I just ask one more quickie? The original order had free delivery.....did they refund you the delivery cost as well?

Do they charge for delivery? I've ordered loads from Debenhams and never been charged. The Le Creuset was free delivery. Good luck!

VanZan - did you get to order at the original price? I am using my set for the first time today! I have to say, it was well worth all the hassle. Now I just have to get the whole collection. I am after a shallow casserole next! And everything in Volcanic. I would love one of the French coffee presses but they are so expensive I don't know if I could justify it (or could I?) :)

I didn't bother. In the interim I bought three on Amazon (they were doing a 3 for 2 offer). It was too much hassle and I didn't trust Debenhams not to f*ck up refunding me.

Advertisement