Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Creuset cast iron & stoneware set rrp €162 now €48.60

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Weyhey wrote: »
    Pizza stone, frying pan, Le Creuset items all came back as 'unable to fulfull'.

The two pizza stones I ordered late last night (around 10pm or thereabouts) seem to be ok and are on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

The two pizza stones I ordered late last night (around 10pm or thereabouts) seem to be ok and are on the way.

You might have got the last two available as I ordered mine last night at 22.45 and then got three emails. One 'Order Received' then 'Debenhams Confirmation' then 'Debenhams Update'. The update came at 23.59 to say unable to fulfil.

What did your 'Debenhams Update' email say Avi Fancy Poetess? Or maybe that only comes through when item is dispatched. Check your spam folder too just in case.

Weyhey wrote: »

You might have got the last two available as I ordered mine last night at 22.45 and then got three emails. One 'Order Received' then 'Debenhams Confirmation' then 'Debenhams Update'. The update came at 23.59 to say unable to fulfil.

What did your 'Debenhams Update' email say Galwaygirlee? Or maybe that only comes through when item is dispatched. Check your spam folder too just in case.

I got two mails. Nothing in spam. One saying order received and other saying order being processed. Nothing from them saying it can't be fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

On the tracking all the things that have not been cancelled state "Order submitted to supplier" which is code for "not a hope you are getting this" I ordered a lot of the things between 7 and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ordered a bunch of stuff, all unfulfilled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I got two mails. Nothing in spam. One saying order received and other saying order being processed. Nothing from them saying it can't be fulfilled.

Same here. Really hope my order of Circulon saucepans is fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The way it works is

Email 1 Received
    Email 2 Being processed
    Email 3 Unfulfilled or Fulfilled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ordered the raymond blanc saucepan set and two arts and craft sets from the toy department. Have received two emails, if I get a third saying not available or unfulfilled I will be onto Conor Pope of the Irish times and Ray D'Arcy show.
    Reading other posts it seems to be a shambles by them. First time buying online from them, let's see if its the last!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Inquitus wrote: »
    The way it works is

Email 1 Received
    Email 2 Being processed
    Email 3 Unfulfilled or Fulfilled

Well I got a 4th email to say unfulfilled-the 3rd email said my order was being processed. Just in case people get false hope!

Was down in debenhams earlier and had a look at the the le creuset section-nothing on sale?! How do they offer 70% off stuff that they are selling full price in store?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

You should mark this thread expired as its giving false hope to those of us just seeing it now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Placed 3 orders with Debenhams yesterday. Got two 'unfilled' emails.

Just got this email from them.

Dear Customer

Thank you for placing your recent order with us.

We regret to inform you that we have experienced a small technical issue with our stock ordering system which has resulted in a number of items on orders placed yesterday have been unable to be fulfilled. You will have received an order update detailing the cancelled items.

Please rest assured no money has been debited from your bank account.

This error has now been corrected, if you still want the order this will need to be re-placed and can be done so either in-store or online.

May we once again apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Debenhams
    Customer Service

I presume this means that the other order will be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

dvpower wrote: »

I got that email to. What do they mean if we still want the order we have to reorder????

The le creuset I ordered wasnt cancelled...what do I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mamarazzi

Apologies to all, I have now marked as expired. Bad form on the part of Debenhams to allow orders to go through and then cancel :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

viv2 wrote: »
    I got that email to. What do they mean if we still want the order we have to reorder????

The le creuset I ordered wasnt cancelled...what do I do now?
    I think it means that that order hasn't been cancelled and will be honoured. My uncancelled order was also for Le creuset, so I'm presuming that they will fulfil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

dvpower wrote: »

Got the same mail but haven't received any unfulfilled emails. Put in two orders yesterday. One for some Le Creuset bits and another with some Jacobs Jacobs bits.
    Both orders still showing as confirmed under my account so unsure what is going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭amber2

That correspondence states please be assured that no money has been debited from your bank account, I checked my online banking & my account has been debited and is refleced in my balance. Has anyone else checked if they were debited, I used visa debit card for my transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

amber2 wrote: »
    That correspondence states please be assured that no money has been debited from your bank account, I checked my online banking & my account has been debited and is refleced in my balance. Has anyone else checked if they were debited, I used visa debit card for my transaction.

I dont do online banking and not near an atm to check but from reading hukd they dont actually take the money just put a hold on it and it will be a few days until its back. Still very annoying though. A lot of annoyed people over there and its put me off shopping with them.

Guess what....my order that I placed almost 24 hours (2 pizza stones) are now "unable to be fulfilled".
    Surely they can't do this? There is a contract in place....offer & acceptance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Guess what....my order that I placed almost 24 hours (2 pizza stones) are now "unable to be fulfilled".
    Surely they can't do this? There is a contract in place....offer & acceptance!

Sorry to hear that Avi Fancy Poetess (but i suspected that it would happen to be honest). It's a bit of a shambles alright. The sale is only an offer to treat. Imagine if you then went to purchase it they told you at the counter they were out of stock. While it is taking a little longer on line it's still the same thing.

There maybe more fallout from this though if they did take all that money and now have to refund everyone.

cookie1977 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that Galwaygirlee (but i suspected that it would happen to be honest). It's a bit of a shambles alright. The sale is only an offer to treat. Imagine if you then went to purchase it they told you at the counter they were out of stock. While it is taking a little longer on line it's still the same thing.

There maybe more fallout from this though if they did take all that money and now have to refund everyone.

But the fact that they deducted my card...isn't this consideration? They TOOK my money! Shouldn't they still have to give me the pizza stones??

• Advertisement

But the fact that they deducted my card...isn't this consideration? They TOOK my money! Shouldn't they still have to give me the pizza stones??

I dont think so. As long as they refund it in a timely manner. Mistakes are allowed to happen. But it's certainly going to back fire on them publicity wise.

I dont think so. As long as they refund it in a timely manner. Mistakes are allowed to happen. But it's certainly going to back fire on them publicity wise.

What if I don't want a refund though? What if I want them to give me what I ordered? Can I enforce that?

No. Afraid not. the law's all about what's fair and reasonable. And if a mistake did happen and Debenhams refund asap then that's fair and reasonable. Despite the fact that a lot of customers will be upset.

Certainly try write them an email/letter (letter's better) outlining how you're a loyal customer and how upset you are and disappointed that you did not get what you were so looking forward to and how Debenhams have let you down. You never know how they might respond

No. Afraid not. the law's all about what's fair and reasonable. And if a mistake did happen and Debenhams refund asap then that's fair and reasonable. Despite the fact that a lot of customers will be upset.

Certainly try right them an email/letter (letter's better) outlining how you're a loyal customer and how upset you are and disappointed that you did not get what you were so looking forward to and how Debenhams have let you down. You never know how they might respond

Thanks. If they have known about this "glitch" since yesterday then it doesn't seem reasonable to me that 24 hours later it's still happening! Thanks anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

They certainly know how to piss customers off.

But their terms and conditions cover this pretty well( from their point!)

2.3 We take payment from your card, when we process your order and have checked your card details. Goods are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given if you have already paid for the goods.

2.4 If you enter a correct e-mail address we will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail and order update e-mail(s). These are not order confirmation or order acceptance from us.

2.5 Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it, order acceptance and the creation of the contract between you and us will take place at the point the goods you have ordered are despatched from our warehouse to be delivered to the address you have given us. It does not take place until that stage, even though we may have debited your card (see 2.3 above) or we have sent acknowledging e-mails (see 2.4 above). Very occasionally an error may occur resulting in the goods described on our website not being the goods actually available for sale. If this occurs your order will not be or have been accepted. We may ask you whether you wish to purchase other goods we may have available or the goods which may have been despatched to you in error. If so your order will be amended. Otherwise, we will treat any order as cancelled and any incorrect goods despatched will be collected for full refund.

2.6 The contract will be formed at the place of despatch of the goods.

2.7 All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with clause 2.5 of these terms and conditions.

CH3OH wrote: »
    They certainly know how to piss customers off.

But their terms and conditions cover this pretty well( from their point!)

2.3 We take payment from your card, when we process your order and have checked your card details. Goods are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given if you have already paid for the goods.

2.4 If you enter a correct e-mail address we will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail and order update e-mail(s). These are not order confirmation or order acceptance from us.

2.5 Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it, order acceptance and the creation of the contract between you and us will take place at the point the goods you have ordered are despatched from our warehouse to be delivered to the address you have given us. It does not take place until that stage, even though we may have debited your card (see 2.3 above) or we have sent acknowledging e-mails (see 2.4 above). Very occasionally an error may occur resulting in the goods described on our website not being the goods actually available for sale. If this occurs your order will not be or have been accepted. We may ask you whether you wish to purchase other goods we may have available or the goods which may have been despatched to you in error. If so your order will be amended. Otherwise, we will treat any order as cancelled and any incorrect goods despatched will be collected for full refund.

2.6 The contract will be formed at the place of despatch of the goods.

2.7 All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with clause 2.5 of these terms and conditions.

I'll never buy from these muppets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I don't know if you've checked TK Maxx Galwaygirlee, but they keep those kitchen craft brand pizza stones in stock pretty much constantly in Cork (and Dublin branches when I get a nose around them) so it might be worth a look if you're not far from one, I paid €12.99 for mine a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

They cancelled my order too. Received the unable to fulfil email about 21 hours after I placed the order. Not happy and I won't be buying anything from Debenhams again.

What a ridiculous way to do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Still no third email, maybe they don't do the orders on the weekend. Will probably hear something back tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement