Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Creuset cast iron & stoneware set rrp €162 now €48.60

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I don't know whether to keep holding out a little hope for my le creuset, the volcanic set ordered at 18:47, I got the order placed and order confirmed email straight after ordering and the generic stock problem email yesterday afternoon which states I should have got an order unfulfilled email, that one hasn't arrived. My debenhams account still shows order confirmed. I guess tomorrow will tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

I don't know whether to keep holding out a little hope for my le creuset, the volcanic set ordered at 18:47, I got the order placed and order confirmed email straight after ordering and the generic stock problem email yesterday afternoon which states I should have got an order unfulfilled email, that one hasn't arrived. My debenhams account still shows order confirmed. I guess tomorrow will tell?

I have received unable to fulfil emails on a few things but still nothing on the le creuset teapot and starter pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I am getting my shirts and ties that I ordered but everything else from the home ware/kitchen department has been cancelled :(

I was looking forward to the egg poacher too :(

This was my "third" email by the way. I got the ordered and then confirmed ones too. Thought it was just the fancy pants le creuset stuff that was being cancelled :/

This Morning by Prestige
    This Morning by Prestige carbon steel chip plate
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Kitchencraft
    L'Express steel 6 cup espresso maker
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Debenhams
    Stainless steel ladle with nylon head
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Debenhams
    Stainless steel 14cm milk pan
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Raymond Blanc by Anolon
    Raymond Blanc by Anolon carbon steel large oven tray
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Kitchencraft
    Kitchencraft non stick 28.3cm baking sheet
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Debenhams
    Stainless steel egg poacher
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Tefal
    Tefal Grey twin pack of frying pans
    Unable to FulfilNone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I still haven't received cancellation emails for the Joseph, Joseph chopping boards, pizza stone, Le Crueset Baking dishes and teapot. The most recent orders seem to be cancelled first so I reckon that they will get to the earlier orders in time.

Check your tracking. Mine all say " order submitted to supplier" (not sent to warehouse or processing or anything that might lead me to believe that I'll get the items) Next step I would imagine is "supplier not able to fulfil orders" or some such thing. I hold out little to no hope. There was a HUGE amount of orders for all these items and a lot of them are back on the site at full price which means they were all price errors. The prices were too good to be true from the beginning. As I said on the 2nd post even if the prices were true Debenhams often cancel orders because they don't have the stock so it is no surprise they did this.

As with all BAs it was worth a shot anyway. If you are not in, you can't win!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got unable to fulfil for my two orders, but they took the payment from my account.

How long for them to refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭amber2

Stheno wrote: »
    I got unable to fulfil for my two orders, but they took the payment from my account.

How long for them to refund?

The debit will probably just fall off your account in a few days but will appear each day on your account as part of that days transactions (shadow item) I know as clear as mud, but this is what I am hoping will happen to my debit anyways.

in the meantime this will reflect in your balance so you will not have the use of these funds until it falls off. If it does not fall off then you will just raise a query on the transaction.

Still no unable to fulfil on le creuset orders from fri night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Still no email for mine anyway and tracking hasn't changed from submitted to supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Still no third email, would like to know either way now about the Raymond Blanc saucepans. Come on Debenhams!!

Got a 'desptached' email about my Half Price Urban Decay shadows that I ordered Friday night but no word on anything else ordered.
    Even though it is unlikely that we will get any of the things, I don't think it's fair to keep people hanging especially when some have bought as gifts etc.

• Advertisement

Email just received for refund on le creuset starter pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Debenahams dont take store calls

redalan wrote: »
    Email just received for refund on le creuset starter pack

Got the same, should have the others soon:rolleyes:

Edit - Just got another two...One left to go for the Teapot (which I don't really want so they'll probably "despatch" it)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 versachi

Hi all,

I have been in battle with Debenhams over the issues you are all having since Saturday morning. There have been emails back and forth (MANY!!).
    I have commented on their Facebook page and am in battle with them here too (getting generic sh*te back like "sorry for the inconvenience" etc). If you want to leave feedback there too - https://www.facebook.com/debenhamsireland/posts/204787649646119?comment_id=585613&ref=notif&notif_t=share_comment

Thanks.

V

^^^^I don't think you will get anywhere with trying to get Debenhams to fulfill your order. I hate to say it but you are just wasting your time and stressing yourself out. They are well covered by their terms and conditions:( Just to add that I don't think anyone got any of the mis-priced items either. Price errors like this happen all the time and once they appear on HUKD or here they go viral and they get thousands of orders in that they couldn't possibly fulfil. The only way anyone might get a mispriced item online is if no-one else has spotted it.

(Have to say I am a bit miffed that I wasn't offered a 15% discount code :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i'm surprised by all the backlash here. its well known that Debenhams offers go quickly, especially the 70% off stuff.

when you buy something from them, they never guarantee the item, thats why your order is 'processing'.

ok, so their stock system could be better, but just imagine the thousands (maybe millions) of customers they have across the UK/Ireland sites all logging in and buying items at the same time. now imagine a bargain alert posted on the top UK site (and top irish site) and imagine the flurry of hungry bargain hunters ordering en masse.

if you missed out; unlucky, but dont waste 3 days trying to get an answer as to why you missed out.

i'm surprised by all the backlash here. its well known that Debenhams offers go quickly, especially the 70% off stuff.

when you buy something from them, they never guarantee the item, thats why your order is 'processing'.

ok, so their stock system could be better, but just imagine the thousands (maybe millions) of customers they have across the UK/Ireland sites all logging in and buying items at the same time. now imagine a bargain alert posted on the top UK site (and top irish site) and imagine the flurry of hungry bargain hunters ordering en masse.

if you missed out; unlucky, but dont waste 3 days trying to get an answer as to why you missed out.

Some of the items I ordered were not even on sale but have now disappeared off their system. Granted I'm mostly miffed over the Le Creuset set, however I did want the other items too.

My main beef if the bullshi**Ing they are doing telling me I can order the items and that they are back in stock when clearly they are not. Instead of just telling the truth which I would accept more readily!

Their customer service is appalling in general.

Also, I'll fight my own battles if and when I please. It's not wasting my time, in fact I'm quite enjoying debating with them :D

Some of the items I ordered were not even on sale but have now disappeared off their system. Granted I'm mostly miffed over the Le Creuset set, however I did want the other items too.

My main beef if the bullshi**Ing they are doing telling me I can order the items and that they are back in stock when clearly they are not. Instead of just telling the truth which I would accept more readily!

Their customer service is appalling in general.

Also, I'll fight my own battles if and when I please. It's not wasting my time, in fact I'm quite enjoying debating with them :D

Got a dispatched email for my raymond blanc saucepan set, delighted, that's part of the wedding gift done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Amazon and countless other online shops somehow manage their stock levels with millions of customers. Not everyone will have been aware of Debenhams shoddy reputation. I certainly wasn't but now that they have messed me around, I won't be shopping their again.

People are unlikely to get anything from Debenhams in the way of compensation. However, everyone should remember what a mess they have made and avoid them like the plague. That's the only way companies like Debenhams will realise that they can't mess about their customers like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

versachi wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been in battle with Debenhams over the issues you are all having since Saturday morning. There have been emails back and forth (MANY!!).
    I have commented on their Facebook page and am in battle with them here too (getting generic sh*te back like "sorry for the inconvenience" etc). If you want to leave feedback there too - https://www.facebook.com/debenhamsireland/posts/204787649646119?comment_id=585613&ref=notif¬if_t=share_comment

Thanks.

V

They are totally ignoring me. I've only emailed them..haven't contacted them through Facebook..think it would pain me too much to 'like' them in the first place!!

Got an email reply today apologising for a technical error. Confusing part is that in one paragraph it states they will honour the original price and in the very next paragraph they say I have not been charged because they cannot supply the item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

VanZan wrote: »
    Got an email reply today apologising for a technical error. Confusing part is that in one paragraph it states they will honour the original price and in the very next paragraph they say I have not been charged because they cannot supply the item.

I've sent them two emails now and no reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

They are totally ignoring me. I've only emailed them..haven't contacted them through Facebook..think it would pain me too much to 'like' them in the first place!!

Write to them. It's much more likely to get a response then email.

I've sent them two emails now and no reply yet.

What email did you use? head.office@contactdebenhams.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There are two possible scenarios here that I can think of. Either someone in Debenhams took a deliberate decision to misprice stock or to offer stock that wasn't on hands. Or there was a mistake due to human error. I can't see any logic to the former so I am going with human error. It happens. Maybe there is some other explanation but not that I can think of

Anyway as has been proved in previous mispricing cases, companies make sure that they cover themselves for these eventualities in their terms and conditions. I know people are upset and I will probably annoy them further but I just wanted to post this from a mega mispricing thread a couple of years back.

1. Great find OP!
    2. Got to be a misprint
    3. Haha, I know its a misprint, I know I wont get it, i'll order one of anyway for the craic
    4. Ive ordered 42 of them, and mailed everyone I know to do the same!
    5. They have to honour it, don't they?
    6. Goddamn it, they cancelled, I really thought I would get it
    7. They have to honour it, don't they?
    8. Call Joe Duffy!
    9. I just sent an angry mail off to their customer service department, i'll definitely get it now!
    10. They replied to my mail saying it was a mistake and im not getting it
    11. XXXXX are a pack of chancers, im never buying from them again!
    12. They better pay me inflation on the money they held for 2 days or im suing them!
    13. Im calling Joe Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

I know people are upset and I will probably annoy them further

Last Saturday I’ve ordered a few other things.

1.These items were NOT advertised here
    2.It doesn’t look to me like a misprint, i.e. Philips brush heads only 2-3 Euro cheaper than on Amazon
    3.I KNOW it was NOT a misprint at least not in all the cases
    4.I’ve ordered only 5 items and didn’t email anybody
    5. They have to honour it, don't they?
    6. Goddamn it, they cancelled, I really thought I would get it
    7. They have to honour it, don't they?
    8. I didn’t call Joe Duffy
    9. I just sent an angry mail off to their customer service department, regardless I know they don’t give a sh..
    10.I was right – they didn’t reply
    11. XXXXX are a pack of chancers, im never buying from them again!
    12. Yes – they took the money, No – they didn’t give them back yet
    13. I’m still not going to call Joe Duffy

14. @ dxhound2005 – go back to servicing customers, there is a big queue in Debenhams today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

This was slightly different than other misprices in fairness. It was advertised at the top of their website "BLUE CROSS SALE UP TO 70% OFF*" so when I clicked on this and found lots of items reduced by 70%, it was a fair assumption that this wasn't a pricing error. I'm more annoyed about the amount of time I wasted on a Friday night shopping on their website when I could have been doing any number of more interesting things.

I had already liked them when they were running Facebook competitions so didn't have to go to any effort.

Looks like it was a battle worth fighting. They are going to give me the items I ordered at the sale price once they come back into stock. Happy days!

• Advertisement

received my raymond blanc saucepans last night, delighted with them.
    Thank you OP and Debenhams.

Advertisement