Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

kippy wrote: »

You've obviously no issues with Corrie/Eastenders etc, "suffering" from the same issues......

Eastenders is full of violence though...

The non cursing is obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Eastenders is full of violence though...

The non cursing is obvious.

No more or no less than FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Jesus the sooner they get rid of that charmless wooden tosspot Louise's boyfriend, whose name escapes me, the better! He's bloody awful, can't even act smarmy!

Darren is still as wooden as ever but at least he's ridiculously good looking, lol, reminds me of a dark haired Joshua Jackson! :D

Tbf Fair City isn't know for its quality thespians. The more they show him the better, so bad hes good awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

Luke and Darren have exactly the same 'careful reading voice' tone for every line.

I laughed at someone telling grungy Darren he 'could do a lot better than Neasa'. Neasa? one of the Carrigstown few who wasn't beaten with the ugly stick. He would be so lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Never saw that one.

Agnes Browne is a must see. Will bring out a range of emotions in you.:D:eek::);)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

I hate, hate, hate this Tommy, Judith, Luke Story its a load of C*** and so unrealistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

wordsmithi wrote: »
    I can't understand how Damien can act so relaxed and chatty with Suzanne. If anyone has forgotten her abusive behaviour, it was extremely scary to watch.
    Louise has just scratched the surface. She wouldn't even stand in the same room as Suzanne if she knew just how horrible she was. If Suzanne was a real person I would be very concerned about the welfare of baby Hannah.

Darren and Louise are not exactly too upset about their mother dying. It is as if they are fitting the funeral into their social diary. If my mother was being buried I know I would be inconsolable. In soap terms, Rita was a good mother to the kids.
    Reopening Helen's grave should send the floodgates opening. Yvonne gave the Doyle's a good name which is ironic.

It's completely unrealistic. Had it been the other way around, and Damian was guilty of spousal abuse, he would have met a nasty end by now (Like Little Mo's husband in EE, and numerous other wifebeating soap characters) I think that the reason Suzanne is getting such an easy time from writers is because of her gender - I'm female myself, so this isn't a case of me being sexist - but fair should be fair, female abusers should cop the same flack and inspire the same loathing as their male counterparts. The fact that she's female, doesn't make her actions any less abhorrent.

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I hate, hate, hate this Tommy, Judith, Luke Story its a load of C*** and so unrealistic.

Why the hell doesn't she just leave Tommy if it's Luke she really wants?

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Thank you to the poster who pointed out Darren and Neasa's ages. I don't know why I thought she was a good bit older then him. She is spoken for though isn't she even if the bloke is not around at the moment?

I think her 'relationship' with Finn was casual.

If Louise (the youngest Doyle) is 25 and Rita was born in 1951, what age was she when she had Helen??? If Helen and Jimmy were both older than Yvonne who is now 36 then Rita must have been quite young marrying Bela!

Yvonne was brilliant again tonight. Hope she doesn't leave

I don't think they were married when she got pregnant with Helen (she was quite young) I vaguely remember Hannah (her mother) saying something to that effect when Rita was bemoaning life with Bela.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

I don't think they were married when she got pregnant with Helen (she was quite young) I vaguely remember Hannah (her mother) saying something to that effect when Rita was bemoaning life with Bela.

I answered that previously. Rita was 20 per the dates on the gravestone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Lisha wrote: »
    Indeed a phone was stomped on and everything :):)
    you just knew this was a serious row when the phone got stamped on ...in real life of course that would be a case for Judge Judy ..."have you ever heard anything like this, Bird?"
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I loved Bryan Murray in Bread - I think he played Shifty.

All Tommy has to do is start showing an interest in another woman and Judith will be back in his bed.

deelite wrote: »
    I loved Bryan Murray in Bread - I think he played Shifty.

All Tommy has to do is start showing an interest in another woman and Judith will be back in his bed.

Strikes me she has reached that place most women reach sooner or later where she cuts off and leaves the philandering husband. I think Judith has fallen through the abyss and has decided being with Luke is better for her. The **** will hit the fan this week when Tommy sees his scheming sick plan backfired.

Have to read the spoilers now to see if I'm on right track.

Pete was the sharp dressed man in RAW. That's where he must disappear to.

Lucy will be at the Gate (Theatre) end January.

rachel is left alot of money in rita will dareen & the lousie arent happy about it so they scheme to get it back

this storyline is making me sad :( soap imditating life for me it is

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

RITA HAD MONEY:( I THOUGHT THEY WERE SKINT :confused:

RITA HAD MONEY:( I THOUGHT THEY WERE SKINT :confused:

first thing my mam said when i told her , maybe health insurance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

It's completely unrealistic. Had it been the other way around, and Damian was guilty of spousal abuse, he would have met a nasty end by now (Like Little Mo's husband in EE, and numerous other wifebeating soap characters) I think that the reason Suzanne is getting such an easy time from writers is because of her gender - I'm female myself, so this isn't a case of me being sexist - but fair should be fair, female abusers should cop the same flack and inspire the same loathing as their male counterparts. The fact that she's female, doesn't make her actions any less abhorrent.

Agreed. The only reason Suzanne isn't still beating Damien is because the relationship ended, and she didn't die while in violent mode, à la Damien or wee Kylie's dads. Compare to the similar situation in Corrie - when Tyrone's partner is inevitably outed for her actions and is no longer with him, she won't be all pally with everyone again just because she no longer had opportunity to beat him. Suzanne keeps saying she can't handle everyone knowing and judging, but far as I can see the only people who even mention it are Louise and that schmuck she's with, and that's only because its news to them.

rachel goes full diva with rita money and leo daughter or charolette is impressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are Darren and Louise staying so?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are Darren and Louise staying so?

i asked this days ago :( nobody cared :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm gonna start moisturizing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SimpsonsFan

Hope Louise and Ryan disappear fairly quickly, terrible acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Apparently
    Lucy will be back in March
    from a friend who works with the wife of a writer. Can't vouch for a 'definitely' but interesting if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Apparently
    from a friend who works with the wife of a writer. Can't vouch for a 'definitely' but interesting if so!

I hope this is not true...i will stop watching again if she comes back into it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Apparently
    My reaction
    borat-dance.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Leinsterr wrote: »
    My reaction
    borat-dance.gif

fing10.giffam24.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Will Bella get Ritas Bell in her last will and testament?

She will then be able to sing ..........................

"You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
    You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
    You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
    You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell"

Is Suzanne getting palsy walsy with Damian again? This would be consistent, where the abused party goes back to the abuser. And everyone looks on scratching their heads in confusion. I think Suzanne will stick around, the new young one in the pink jacket isn't cut out for austerity and minding Bela.

Bela has been acting well lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

first thing my mam said when i told her , maybe health Life insurance ?

FYP

Anyway, I would have thought that whatever dollar she had left would go to Bella, especially if it's from a life policy cause that is just the way they are worked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Ryan makes me CRINGE :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Ryan makes me CRINGE :S

You're not alone there. He's so bad he's funny.

I like Louise's new head ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Shamrock21

Come back now Lucy and chop Darren up, he's a creep of the highest order!

my god that was terrible acting :/ the sooner ryan & louise go the better!

You're not alone there. He's so bad he's funny.

l can bearly watch it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Did Louise just say poxy ???:eek:

Stephen was in a tracking shot for just 2.8 seconds and he's just stole the episode :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

So which one of the Waltons will stay to look after "Paw" is his decrepitude?

What a dullarse storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Back away from the crazy lady Damien...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

How the hell did that lad act that part without bursting his arse laughing??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

dammit I forgot there was a new thread, and me wondering why I was getting no new post messages..

nice panning shot of Stephen tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

No top on and eyes tight shut .... hmmm .... not very compromising is it? ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

LMAO.. Loved the photo at the end! Beating the same old drum but Ciara O'Callaghan is fantastic as Yvonne!

Hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Not MORE blackmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

Jesus Nessa really is some slut Wayne was right ))that Ryan fella is a gimp .... Obviously gets ur from Judith mad in the cat mad in the kitten ))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

It was so funny when Wayne was so smug when correcting darren on the stock exchange when he doesn't know anything about it himself. Also, has anyone else noticed that darren and Eddie are like twins. They have the same accent, look the same, both tried to get stuck into Neasa and are both terrible actors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

What age is Rachel supposed to be? I thought she was about 15/16, but she looked and sounded about 10 tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

LMAO.. Loved the photo at the end! Beating the same old drum but Ciara O'Callaghan is fantastic as Yvonne!

Hilarious!

I don't agree with all the Yvonne-worship lately on this site. I think she has had too much Botox done and her forehead looks frozen. Just a guess, I could be wrong... but the eyebrows arch this way and that while the brow stays stone still.

I do rate her acting mind, I am just not as impressed as some folks have been recently. I think Bob is great, also Cass and a few others...Carol too, Louis and Dermot as well...good soap acting.

As for Esther, I wouldn't describe her as anything more than a ham. The actor who plays Ben should also be given his p45. And as for Jo, she should be exiled to Ros na Run...which nobody really watches, do they?

• Advertisement

I don't agree with all the Yvonne-worship lately on this site. I think she has had too much Botox done and her forehead looks frozen. Just a guess, I could be wrong... but the eyebrows arch this way and that while the brow stays stone still.

I do rate her acting mind, I am just not as impressed as some folks have been recently. I think Bob is great, also Cass and a few others...Carol too, Louis and Dermot as well...good soap acting.

As for Esther, I wouldn't describe her as anything more than a ham. The actor who plays Ben should also be given his p45. And as for Jo, she should be exiled to Ros na Run...which nobody really watches, do they?

ah Ben is only a kid, give him a break

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement