Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

The Judith, Blackie, Tommy scenario ...there is no way that would happen in reality.

"don't wait up dear, I'll be screwing Blackie until the early hours" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

Hitchens wrote: »
    The Judith, Blackie, Tommy scenario ...there is no way that would happen in reality.

"don't wait up dear, I'll be screwing Blackie until the early hours" :D

I agree. In real life, one of the brothers would be off selling the story to the papers while the other would be training with his Manchester United team-mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ya saw him too!

Yay! I love Pete! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Bella laying the guilt trip on a bit thick on poor Vonnster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So has Judy left Tommy and her family now for Luke :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So has Judy left Tommy and her family now for Luke :confused:

Seems like that :)

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Carraigstown isn't exactly upmarket, yet nobody ever curses or boxes the head off anyone...a tad unrealistic...Tommy's first reaction would be to have a go at Greyie Connors.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Carraigstown isn't exactly upmarket, yet nobody ever curses or boxes the head off anyone...a tad unrealistic...Tommy's first reaction would be to have a go at Greyie Connors.

You've obviously no issues with Corrie/Eastenders etc, "suffering" from the same issues......

He did but Sean, Paul and Leo I think it was broke up their fight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He did but Sean, Paul and Leo I think it was broke up their fight

Indeed a phone was stomped on and everything :):)

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »

You've obviously no issues with Corrie/Eastenders etc, "suffering" from the same issues......

Eastenders is full of violence though...

The non cursing is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Eastenders is full of violence though...

The non cursing is obvious.

No more or no less than FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Jesus the sooner they get rid of that charmless wooden tosspot Louise's boyfriend, whose name escapes me, the better! He's bloody awful, can't even act smarmy!

Darren is still as wooden as ever but at least he's ridiculously good looking, lol, reminds me of a dark haired Joshua Jackson! :D

Tbf Fair City isn't know for its quality thespians. The more they show him the better, so bad hes good awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

Luke and Darren have exactly the same 'careful reading voice' tone for every line.

I laughed at someone telling grungy Darren he 'could do a lot better than Neasa'. Neasa? one of the Carrigstown few who wasn't beaten with the ugly stick. He would be so lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Never saw that one.

Agnes Browne is a must see. Will bring out a range of emotions in you.:D:eek::);)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I hate, hate, hate this Tommy, Judith, Luke Story its a load of C*** and so unrealistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

wordsmithi wrote: »
    I can't understand how Damien can act so relaxed and chatty with Suzanne. If anyone has forgotten her abusive behaviour, it was extremely scary to watch.
    Louise has just scratched the surface. She wouldn't even stand in the same room as Suzanne if she knew just how horrible she was. If Suzanne was a real person I would be very concerned about the welfare of baby Hannah.

Darren and Louise are not exactly too upset about their mother dying. It is as if they are fitting the funeral into their social diary. If my mother was being buried I know I would be inconsolable. In soap terms, Rita was a good mother to the kids.
    Reopening Helen's grave should send the floodgates opening. Yvonne gave the Doyle's a good name which is ironic.

It's completely unrealistic. Had it been the other way around, and Damian was guilty of spousal abuse, he would have met a nasty end by now (Like Little Mo's husband in EE, and numerous other wifebeating soap characters) I think that the reason Suzanne is getting such an easy time from writers is because of her gender - I'm female myself, so this isn't a case of me being sexist - but fair should be fair, female abusers should cop the same flack and inspire the same loathing as their male counterparts. The fact that she's female, doesn't make her actions any less abhorrent.

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I hate, hate, hate this Tommy, Judith, Luke Story its a load of C*** and so unrealistic.

Why the hell doesn't she just leave Tommy if it's Luke she really wants?

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Thank you to the poster who pointed out Darren and Neasa's ages. I don't know why I thought she was a good bit older then him. She is spoken for though isn't she even if the bloke is not around at the moment?

I think her 'relationship' with Finn was casual.

If Louise (the youngest Doyle) is 25 and Rita was born in 1951, what age was she when she had Helen??? If Helen and Jimmy were both older than Yvonne who is now 36 then Rita must have been quite young marrying Bela!

Yvonne was brilliant again tonight. Hope she doesn't leave

I don't think they were married when she got pregnant with Helen (she was quite young) I vaguely remember Hannah (her mother) saying something to that effect when Rita was bemoaning life with Bela.

• Advertisement

I don't think they were married when she got pregnant with Helen (she was quite young) I vaguely remember Hannah (her mother) saying something to that effect when Rita was bemoaning life with Bela.

I answered that previously. Rita was 20 per the dates on the gravestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Lisha wrote: »
    Indeed a phone was stomped on and everything :):)
    you just knew this was a serious row when the phone got stamped on ...in real life of course that would be a case for Judge Judy ..."have you ever heard anything like this, Bird?"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I loved Bryan Murray in Bread - I think he played Shifty.

All Tommy has to do is start showing an interest in another woman and Judith will be back in his bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

deelite wrote: »
    I loved Bryan Murray in Bread - I think he played Shifty.

All Tommy has to do is start showing an interest in another woman and Judith will be back in his bed.

Strikes me she has reached that place most women reach sooner or later where she cuts off and leaves the philandering husband. I think Judith has fallen through the abyss and has decided being with Luke is better for her. The **** will hit the fan this week when Tommy sees his scheming sick plan backfired.

Have to read the spoilers now to see if I'm on right track.

Pete was the sharp dressed man in RAW. That's where he must disappear to.

Lucy will be at the Gate (Theatre) end January.

rachel is left alot of money in rita will dareen & the lousie arent happy about it so they scheme to get it back

this storyline is making me sad :( soap imditating life for me it is

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

RITA HAD MONEY:( I THOUGHT THEY WERE SKINT :confused:

RITA HAD MONEY:( I THOUGHT THEY WERE SKINT :confused:

first thing my mam said when i told her , maybe health insurance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

It's completely unrealistic. Had it been the other way around, and Damian was guilty of spousal abuse, he would have met a nasty end by now (Like Little Mo's husband in EE, and numerous other wifebeating soap characters) I think that the reason Suzanne is getting such an easy time from writers is because of her gender - I'm female myself, so this isn't a case of me being sexist - but fair should be fair, female abusers should cop the same flack and inspire the same loathing as their male counterparts. The fact that she's female, doesn't make her actions any less abhorrent.

Agreed. The only reason Suzanne isn't still beating Damien is because the relationship ended, and she didn't die while in violent mode, à la Damien or wee Kylie's dads. Compare to the similar situation in Corrie - when Tyrone's partner is inevitably outed for her actions and is no longer with him, she won't be all pally with everyone again just because she no longer had opportunity to beat him. Suzanne keeps saying she can't handle everyone knowing and judging, but far as I can see the only people who even mention it are Louise and that schmuck she's with, and that's only because its news to them.

rachel goes full diva with rita money and leo daughter or charolette is impressed

• Advertisement

Are Darren and Louise staying so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement