Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

jos28 wrote: »

I remember bringing Mam to The Pavilions in Swords for a mosey around the shops and a bit of lunch. There I was pushing her in her wheelchair around TK Maxx when she spotted Ciara O'Callaghan. She announces loudly 'there's Yvonne, you'd think she'd bring her Mother out for a day. That poor woman has been stuck in that room with a bell for months !' :D
    Met Ciara one day walking towards me down Marlborough Street. Had met her briefly before at a charity bash but she was mostly eyeing me up and down because I had a large camera and lens round my neck and she thought I was a paparazzi!
    As we met I decided to pipe up " don't I know you from somewhere? " before she could answer I answered my own question " ah yea ... you're from Swords! "
    She saw the funny side too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

tk123 wrote: »

He was only a young lad in them days :P

235969.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Thank you to the poster who pointed out Darren and Neasa's ages. I don't know why I thought she was a good bit older then him. She is spoken for though isn't she even if the bloke is not around at the moment?

Neasa and Finn were only a fling and he isnt coming back so she is single for Darren

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Just as well for Blackie that he diden't mess with Lucy.....:cool:
    534547_453259668049019_1603762834_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Interview with Bryan Murray (Bob) on RTE Radio 1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Interview with Bryan Murray (Bob) on RTE Radio 1 now.

Seems like a very nice humble guy - very talented actor. Never knew he was in brookside

leahyl wrote: »
    Seems like a very nice humble guy - very talented actor. Never knew he was in brookside

Played a wife beater and child abuser :mad:

Ended up being buried in his back garden by the wife and daughter :eek:

He also does some programme on the Radio 1 occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Brian Murray has played such a wide diversity of characters. Does anyone remember him playing Flurry in the Irish RM, he played a very practical and loyal character but a bit of a rogue. It was a brilliant series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I love the Irish rm, perfect rainy Saturday morning lazy viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Lisha wrote: »

where is Peter Bowles nowadays ....haven't seen him in anything for a while?

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »

He is still acting according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Bowles .

cofy wrote: »
    Brian Murray has played such a wide diversity of characters. Does anyone remember him playing Flurry in the Irish RM, he played a very practical and loyal character but a bit of a rogue. It was a brilliant series.

FYP ;)

Lisha wrote: »

im trying to find that its so rare on dvd for my dad

FYP ;)

Thanks for pointing that out Maura, I don't know how I made such a mistake:o. I do like his current documentary on the tenements.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

cofy wrote: »

He's really good in Strumpet City. He more than holds his own with Cyril Cusack and the rest of them.

There's a few other Fair City actors in it too. Seamus MacAleer turns up, and there's a very rough-looking Charlie Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

He was saying this morning that he is enjoying playing bob charles and hopes to continue doing so.

New thread guys, :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Does anyone who watches Love/Hate remember that Lucy played John Boy's ex wife in season 2????????????

• Leinsterr wrote: »
    Does anyone who watches Love/Hate remember that Lucy played John Boy's ex wife in season 2????????????

Thats right only noticed recently. I also notice that the hot blonde girl that owns the bar was a bit part character in first season

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

He's really good in Strumpet City. He more than holds his own with Cyril Cusack and the rest of them.

There's a few other Fair City actors in it too. Seamus MacAleer turns up, and there's a very rough-looking Charlie Kelly.

You can also find the actress who plays Judith in the Irish RM as a young lady, I didn't watch the whole show so I don't know what character she played. Esther is also in Strumpet City, hamming it up as always. Maybe she is a good theatre actress but I honestly think she is the worst tv actress on FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Did someone here say that Ciara O Callaghan was leaving FC?? I read in the magazine with the Star today that she is not leaving!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I cannot believe that Ciara O'Callaghan is 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 femmefatale

You can also find the actress who plays Judith in the Irish RM as a young lady, I didn't watch the whole show so I don't know what character she played. Esther is also in Strumpet City, hamming it up as always. Maybe she is a good theatre actress but I honestly think she is the worst tv actress on FC.
    Do u know around which episode it was or what it was about?

Esther is also in Strumpet City, hamming it up as always. Maybe she is a good theatre actress but I honestly think she is the worst tv actress on FC.

Esther has also appeared in a film with Gene Wilder :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

jos28 wrote: »

I remember bringing Mam to The Pavilions in Swords for a mosey around the shops and a bit of lunch. There I was pushing her in her wheelchair around TK Maxx when she spotted Ciara O'Callaghan. She announces loudly 'there's Yvonne, you'd think she'd bring her Mother out for a day. That poor woman has been stuck in that room with a bell for months !' :D

haha this is gas! I think shes originally from Swords

are all bella children here for good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

New thread, glad I missed all that profanity and the lewd posts. We must blame Blackie and Judith, they seemed to lower the tone. ;) (Can't help wondering what was in those posts which were deleted though...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭JackTheGrinder

Is anyone else thinking dirty things about judith? how on earth tommy ever cheated on her... and with jo... of all people?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

max life wrote: »
    Did someone here say that Ciara O Callaghan was leaving FC?? I read in the magazine with the Star today that she is not leaving!!

I say she might be taking a break off the show alright but wont confirm yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Hitchens wrote: »
    The last time I saw Peter Bowles on TV was back in 2007 when he appeared in a special 25th anniversary edition of 'To The Manor Born.

R-B01666-9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

Peter Bowles was great, got sort of dated after the 80s, and Plumb in the mouth Penelope. He is looking good for 76.

(who posted the lewd posts?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement