Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville report released.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just to clarify my above post, I think the scumbag should spend eternity in a dark pit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Just to clarify my above post, I think the scumbag should spend eternity in a dark pit.

Well he's not going to.

His survivors will though.

Does anyone know if his victims were one offs or systematically abused? We know there were plenty but I haven't delved into it to know if there were repeated offences with the same people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I'm not an abuse survivor Padd. Therefore I don't have a clue how I'd react/behave/conduct myself once my abuser's deeds made the media.

I do know that cynical people saying I'm just trying to make money out of it (without knowing me) would be an unbelievably painful thing to hear, especially on top of everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Madam_X wrote: »
    I'm not an abuse survivor Padd. Therefore I don't have a clue how I'd react/behave/conduct myself once my abuser's deeds made the media.

I do know that cynical people saying I'm just trying to make money out of it (without knowing me) would be an unbelievably painful thing to hear, especially on top of everything else.
    Yes indeed, point taken.

However the cynic in me tells me that there will always be those who will create false allegations and cheapen the real victims for whatever reason....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2054327/Dave-Jones-Living-sexual-abuse-lies.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120099/YOURE-scared-IM-went-hell-How-fake-9-11-victim-tormented-genuine-survivors.html

I ask you, which is worse? People making false allegations and making a mockery of victims, or is it worse that I raise the possibility of these people doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Yes indeed, point taken.

However the cynic in me tells me that there will always be those who will create false allegations and cheapen the real victims for whatever reason....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2054327/Dave-Jones-Living-sexual-abuse-lies.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120099/YOURE-scared-IM-went-hell-How-fake-9-11-victim-tormented-genuine-survivors.html

Indeed but the part of me that is trusting and hopeful believes that these are a minority

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

mikom wrote: »
    Random?
    Both tradesmen.
    Fred West a builder, and Larry Murphy a carpenter.

Fred West and Larry Murphy were lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Indeed but the part of me that is trusting and hopeful believes that these are a minority
    Generally speaking they are very much in the minority, even one false allegation is too many.

For a small minority though, I am glad their actions create a lot of column inches.

I suppose its an oxymoron to suggest this because the focus should clearly be on the genuine victims, but I will never lose any sleep over some liar with euro signs in their eyes having their life torn apart by the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Cash will never equal justice.

Sir Jimmy was barely cold in the grave when all these people came out of the woodwork, a lot of them selling their stories to newspapers.

My point is why have they not spoken out long before this??

Don't give me that guff about Sir Jimmy having high up friends in the entertainment industry.
    The guy has not been relevent for more than 20 years.

He had plenty of friends in high places, before and after his death, the BBC were well aware of his behavior, but he was there star, and victims did not matter.

"When Savile was finally interviewed by detectives in 2009, the encounter was "perfunctory" and he was allowed to control the proceedings, a review by Surrey police found"

http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/redirect.jhtml?searchfor=Police+errors+left+Jimmy+Savile+free+to+%27groom+the+nation%27&cb=ZU&n=77ed4ba6&qid=4ae816ca2fc444149b07be69e2f9deee&ptb=A6562BBA-80D8-46C4-9B83-9FA02F09D287&id=ZUchr999YYie&pg=GGmain&ptnrS=ZUchr999YYie&action=pick&ss=sub&pn=1&st=ctxt&qs=&pr=GG&tpr=&redirect=mPWsrdz9heamc8iHEhldEXnFP4capN2hPrdKuJcFf11zw030%2F3STHRswiGt7c3JM%2B4F2pXa%2Bm13nKL4wOpnjdl765z584l0VTqQf1DbbK78%3D&ord=0&ct=AR&

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Generally speaking they are very much in the minority, even one false allegation is too many.

For a small minority though, I am glad their actions create a lot of column inches.

I suppose its an oxymoron to suggest this because the focus should clearly be on the genuine victims, but I will never lose any sleep over some liar with euro signs in their eyes having their life torn apart by the press.

Well it certainly does happen, I know of plenty of cases. At an early stage when I'm informed of abusive experiences I always have to ask the question do I believe the person.

It can happen for different reasons, it is not always money; however, thankfully most cases are geniune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yes indeed, point taken.

I ask you, which is worse? People making false allegations and making a mockery of victims, or is it worse that I raise the possibility of these people doing this?
    The former of course, but there is an appropriate context in which to raise such concerns. In light of the report, I don't think this thread is it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I pity his family. They must be going through absolute he'll atm?

Sorry,I should've said ALL of the families. My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Satanic cults exist, famous freaks be in them groups.
    JIMMY SAVILE beat and raped a 12-year-old girl during a secret satanic ritual in a hospital.
    The perverted star wore a hooded robe and mask as he abused the terrifi ed victim in a candle-lit basement.
    He also chanted “Hail Satan” in Latin as other paedophile devil worshippers joined in and assaulted the girl at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Buckinghamshire. The attack, which happened in 1975, shines a sinister new light on the former DJ’s 54-year reign of terror.

Who else was there ?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/370439

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    Satanic cults exist, famous freaks be in them groups.

Who else was there ?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/370439

Jesus evil twin brother, Jezus, the Pope and the entire British cabinet.

Low for the express to be exploiting the mentally ill, tbh.

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭Methody

It was the Jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Are they just making up stuff now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This sounds like David Icke stuff, tbqh.

April's a while off yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Methody wrote: »
    It was the Jews.

Must have been a big basement to get them all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

How tf could a candle-lit satanic ritual ever manage to happen in a hospital's basement with a patient?

There's not going far enough and then there's going too far in the auld imagination department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What's Hail Satan in Latin anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

shines a sinister new light on the former DJ’s 54-year reign of terror

Yeah the whole devil worshiping thing is just taking it too far. The systematic rape and abuse of kids is one thing, but satanism... there's no need for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

A possible explanation:
    Dr Sinason added: “Savile was still a huge celebrity in the early Nineties, let’s not forget, and there was never any action taken against him or any of the others involved.
    “Neither girl knew one another, they lived in different parts of the country and contacted me a year apart yet their experiences are very similar. Whether Savile was a practising Satanist or merely enjoyed dressing up to scare his victims even more will perhaps never be known but he left those two girls mentally scarred.”

Not too hard to believe. Stuff like that happens here too . A friend who worked for help line was telling me about the calls they get from children saying the same thing.

There was also the dalkey horror house victims who were taken to an abandoned house and raped. They mentioned that members of gardai were there, who are still alive to this day yet nothing has been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What's Hail Satan in Latin anyway?

Ave Satanas.

o/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Since that article was in the express, I'm pretty certain that welfare recipients and scientists propagating global warming "myths" are to blame.

Threads Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Turns out she's been banging on about satanism for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Sinason

She's the kind of person that think "My bus is late, it must be a satanic plot"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I've got 2 questions:

1. People are suing the NHS for letting them be abused by Saville. But where is the compensation going to come from? If it comes out of NHS budgtes, this will hurt even more people as there'll be less money to spend on treatments (alot less considering how many he abused.)

2 If he abused children on their deathbeds and the children never told, and then they died, how do people know about that?

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭Methody

Nodin wrote: »
    Jesus evil twin brother, Jezus, the Pope and the entire British cabinet.

Low for the express to be exploiting the mentally ill, tbh.

Methody wrote:
    It was the Jews.

I see anti-catholicism is tolerated; whereas anti-semitism isn't.

whoopsadaisydoodles: you just made my point.

Goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Methody wrote: »
    I see anti-catholicism is tolerated; whereas anti-semitism isn't.

whoopsadaisydoodles: you just made my point.

Goodbye.

The assertion "it was the jews" is so manifestly non-nonsensical and untrue it could only be taken to be irony or humor. So nobody treated it as anti Semitic.

So you've made no point at all.

Better luck next time.

Advertisement