Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Hello again, I bought a Jiayu g3s a year or 2 ago but it failed on me a few months back. I'm looking for a worthy replacement around around the €150 mark. Could i have a few suggestions?
    I was looking at the Elephone p6000 but the 5" screen is a bit of a deal breaker. It's just too big!
    I want a 4.5" (could even stretch to 4.7") screen with decent resolution. Preferably 2gb ram. Decent ROM support. Not too pushed with 4g compatibility or even dual sim for that matter. And don't really care about the camera.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Hello again, I bought a Jiayu g3s a year or 2 ago but it failed on me a few months back. I'm looking for a worthy replacement around around the €150 mark. Could i have a few suggestions?
    I was looking at the Elephone p6000 but the 5" screen is a bit of a deal breaker. It's just too big!
    I want a 4.5" (could even stretch to 4.7") screen with decent resolution. Preferably 2gb ram. Decent ROM support. Not too pushed with 4g compatibility or even dual sim for that matter. And don't really care about the camera.
    Cheers!

If you were willing to go with Jiayu again the G4S fits the bill

http://www.jiayu-store.com/jiayu-g4-mtk6592-octa-core-4-7-inch-ips-screen-dual-camera-android-smart-phone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Cheers!

I know its over budget, but I'd still at least have a look at http://www.pandawill.com/iuni-u2-smartphone-3gb-32gb-47-inch-sharp-fhd-screen-quad-core-22ghz-160mp-green-p94945.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I got a text today demanding duty an item that was delivered last May! Dhl can sod off with that

I got one of them too today!! Was fairly sure I had sorted it out at the time though as there were a lot of emails back and forth and I think they sent me a credit note to cancel the invoice.

RossieMan wrote: »
    here you're living in the past, that crap hasn't worked well in the last few years. they've coped on and ask for receipt most of the time. obviously some get through, but 99% are caught.
    can we get off the customs talk again? its been done to the death. I'm usually on the other side of this argument but it was only done a couple of weeks ago.

and posting ways of avoiding it on the thread could get us all in trouble!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

umi x3 would b a good replacement,should be in your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Hi all,

Looking for a new phone & don't fancy spending over the odds for something here but have no experience of buying in from China. My budget would be about €250 and ideally would like something that will last ~2 years. Have had serious lag on my current phone (Arc Xperia S) so any improvement would be great! Any suggestions?

Thanks

You might want to double-check that one!! Looks a bit dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

eamonnq wrote: »
    You might want to double-check that one!! Looks a bit dodgy to me.
    mmm.. cant find any reviews or sources of specs anywhere else on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭horse7

Trond wrote: »
    How did you like the jaiyu s3,if just ordered the 3gb ram one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My Elephone's tracking finally says item received in Dublin and as of yet does not say it's been sent to Customs.

Wish me luck haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

My Elephone's tracking finally says item received in Dublin and as of yet does not say it's been sent to Customs.

Wish me luck haha.

Mine is still showing as and I think it was posted before yours :(

Date Time Event Processed by Notes
    Mon 16.02.2015 19:21 Mailed Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.02.2015 19:21 Arrival at border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.02.2015 19:21 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia

DarrenG wrote: »
    Mine is still showing as and I think it was posted before yours :(

Date Time Event Processed by Notes
    Mon 16.02.2015 19:21 Mailed Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.02.2015 19:21 Arrival at border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.02.2015 19:21 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia

Ah hopefully you'll have yours soon enough then.

Mine has the same 3 bits if tracking as yours except for the 17th, I checked the tracking on An Post and it says country of Origin is Switzerland.

So I'm really hoping I won't get hit with Customs and I'll soon have a shiny new piece of China Tech to play with :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Anyone got a 4G phone with good battery they want to sell?

Anyone got a 4G phone with good battery they want to sell?

Have you given up on the Elephone ? or is it for someone else ?

Have you given up on the Elephone ? or is it for someone else ?

Given up tbh, decided to see how fast it drains to 1% as I usually charge it on work and it was at 1% by 7.30 and didnt even turn off by 12.30, I prefer having a battery thats normal!

Did you try 'battery doctor' or any of the other battery apps to see if they were of any help ?

Am planning on getting the Ulefone BePro shortly, just can't decide where to buy it. I might try TINYDEAL to see how I get on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Given up tbh, decided to see how fast it drains to 1% as I usually charge it on work and it was at 1% by 7.30 and didnt even turn off by 12.30, I prefer having a battery thats normal!

Take a look at the honor phones, either 3c 4G or honor 6. You can easily get 10+ hours screen on time over 2 days. I've gotten 10 days on a single charge with the 3c with very light usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Did you try 'battery doctor' or any of the other battery apps to see if they were of any help ?

Am planning on getting the Ulefone BePro shortly, just can't decide where to buy it. I might try TINYDEAL to see how I get on !!

Speaking of, mine is in Ireland. Probably at customs

Who has the best european warehouse with good stock?

• Advertisement

Speaking of, mine is in Ireland. Probably at customs

That was fairly quick, they did not ship until Feb24/25th if I am not mistaken.

Am going to order one and get it by DHL !!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-JIAYU-S3-FDD-LTE-4G-WCDMA-Android-4-4-MT6752-Octa-Core-1-7Ghz-2GB/32251122929.html

Same price, fast delivery with no customs. Feck etotalk

Looks like a great phone, pretty similar to the Meizu m1 note.

spix wrote: »
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-JIAYU-S3-FDD-LTE-4G-WCDMA-Android-4-4-MT6752-Octa-Core-1-7Ghz-2GB/32251122929.html

Same price, fast delivery with no customs. Feck etotalk

Looks like a great phone, pretty similar to the Meizu m1 note.

Good man Spix

Seller has no paypal option, good luck to him.

Seller has no paypal option, good luck to him.

Aliexpress has never used paypal. You pay them, aliexpress holds the money until you confirm everythings ok, then you release the payment to the seller. It's good as you can usually find something to complain about and get a small discount.

spix wrote: »
    Aliexpress has never used paypal. You pay them, aliexpress holds the money until you confirm everythings ok, then you release the payment to the seller. It's good as you can usually find something to complain about and get a small discount.

Paypal all the way for me sorry.

Tracking on my Elephone P5000 hasn't been updated since about 7am this morning so I'm hoping it's avoided Customs altogether.

Paypal all the way for me sorry.

Fair enough but I don't really see any advantage to using paypal for buying Chinese phones unless its a dodgy site. The very best you could hope for if something goes wrong with paypal is you're told to return it,same as aliexpress http://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

have you used that seller spix? are they guaranteed no customs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement