Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boarerman

I'm chiese. To be fair,chinese android phone become more better than a years ago. Especially MEIZU, OPPO, HUAWEI, Don't mention Xiaomi or LENovo or ZTE,I don't think their phone are good. Cheap but bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Wonder where the value if 69.02 is coming from? Was it declared value of P6000 you received?
    Have you ordered anything else from China recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Tracking says this.

Anyone have any idea as to when I'd get it?

I'm waiting on a phone for my wife that was posted the day before yours so would be interested to hear too when it might arrive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Boarerman wrote: »
    I'm chiese. To be fair,chinese android phone become more better than a years ago. Especially MEIZU, OPPO, HUAWEI, Don't mention Xiaomi or LENovo or ZTE,I don't think their phone are good. Cheap but bad !

I think Xiaomi and Lenovo are good too, but I am not Chinese, no experience with ZTE though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Got a letter from customs this morning
    There wanting 23% of 69.02 = 15.87 for VAT
    and 10 euro administrative fee so Total of €25.87

There's notting else on the letter no payment details or anything so what am i susposed to do ?

Jay

Pay the Postman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Pay the Postman

And have the exact amount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

you have to pay up unfortunately thats the way it goes, no way around it unless you buy in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

What postman ? I already got the phone a few weeks ago, and only got that letter this morning, there is no payment details or anything like that in the letter, its just basically says how much vat was and admin fee, will they send out someone to collect it or something, and like will i have to pay in cash to some random postman €25, what about a recept and what if i want to pay with a card ?

Thanks

Jay

i would do anything ,wait until you get a formal invoice for money.

I'll just have to wait so, i might just send a copy of the letter to dealsmachine and see what they say, as they said there wouldn't be an import charge and all sould be fine. A well, it still got under priced, 23% of 130 is 29.90 plus 10er admin fee so was looking at 40e.
    (I hope the customs guys dont be reading this thread haha)

Jay

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'll just have to wait so, i might just send a copy of the letter to dealsmachine and see what they say, as they said there wouldn't be an import charge and all sould be fine. A well, it still got under priced, 23% of 130 is 29.90 plus 10er admin fee so was looking at 40e.
    (I hope the customs guys dont be reading this thread haha)

Jay

Do An Post not charge a €7 admin fee?

Whose charging ye €10?

DarrenG wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a phone for my wife that was posted the day before yours so would be interested to hear too when it might arrive here.

Weird that the tracking is taking so long to update, I would hope to have it some time soon.

Ye never know with China though!

Do An Post not charge a €7 admin fee?

Whose charging ye €10?

DHL

Dhl are ripoffs in my view, once they have been payed their should be no adman fee,its just a scam.

DHL

Oh right, I probably should have gone with them now that i think of it, they're a lot quicker than most couriers imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

its not a scam. its for dealing with customs. its a well known fact that buying from outside the EU warrants extra charges.

its been talked about enough that people should know by now, no point complaining about it.

im not complaining one bit,dhl knows the destination of the package and are payed accordingly,they can charge what ever they like,doesn't make it right

RossieMan wrote: »
    its not a scam. its for dealing with customs. its a well known fact that buying from outside the EU warrants extra charges.

its been talked about enough that people should know by now, no point complaining about it.

I don't mind paying the 23% VAT, that's fair enough if it's coming from outside the EU.

It's the handling charges that annoy me.

An Post get the item and for the hardship they've to go through to deliver the item, they charge €7, for handling it! It's as if they were doing ye a favour delivering it but it's not, it's their job.

Outrageous charges altogether but not a thing ye can do! :(

well said AlanS181824

well do we actually know what they do? paper work for each item could be pages and pages of muck. until given the amount of work involved, I don't think its fair to dismiss the charges.

• Advertisement

Got a letter from customs this morning
    There wanting 23% of 69.02 = 15.87 for VAT
    and 10 euro administrative fee so Total of €25.87

There's notting else on the letter no payment details or anything so what am i susposed to do ?

Jay

Is it a DHL invoice you received or a lsetter from customs ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is it a DHL invoice you received or a lsetter from customs ?

Yes it from DHL, stupid me, i think i got this all wrong here is a copy of the letter t9val1

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

http://m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_139666.html
    Gearbest have a ZTE Blade s6 for ~225euro from EU warehouse.
    4G 2gb Ram 16gb Rom
    A bit out of my price range but may be of interest to others

Yes it from DHL, stupid me, i think i got this all wrong here is a copy of the letter t9val1

Anything on the back of it ?

It's the handling charges that annoy me.

An Post get the item and for the hardship they've to go through to deliver the item, they charge €7, for handling it! It's as if they were doing ye a favour delivering it but it's not, it's their job.

Outrageous charges altogether but not a thing ye can do! :(

The 'handlling charges' are not for handling the delivery of the parcel, it is for 'handling' the vat charges, and the associated paperwork (which is not actually their job), their job is as you stated 'delivering it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Im destined to get one of those letters from DHL when my Jiayu arrives this week.

What am I looking at for a phone worth €150. I forget the price the last time....

Trond wrote: »
    Im destined to get one of those letters from DHL when my Jiayu arrives this week.

What am I looking at for a phone worth €150. I forget the price the last time....

23% vat, plus the 'handling charge'.

I got a text today demanding duty an item that was delivered last May! Dhl can sod off with that

here you're living in the past, that crap hasn't worked well in the last few years. they've coped on and ask for receipt most of the time. obviously some get through, but 99% are caught.
    can we get off the customs talk again? its been done to the death. I'm usually on the other side of this argument but it was only done a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement

I have no issue with paying the tax, I know that's the way it is, I don't understand why they're after me 9 months later

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement