Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

eamonnq wrote: »
    Not at all, 2600mah with a MT6732 chip (low power consumption), will have to see what the guinea pigs think first though, I think someone is due to get their hands on theirs today/Monday.

Mines in Athlone mail centre. Hopefully here Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

Was it a nice phone ?
    yea the k900 was a very good phone,i would highly recommend it,only thing no 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Experts of the Chinese android world....
    Thl 5000 or elephone p5000. Throw in the umi zero as well.
    I'm really interested in people's opinions on the gps of these phones. Good bad or ugly?!

Any recommendations for good gps?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

On coolicool.com, they give discount coupon code 18e off on all phones stock in europe. Just put code " CLEARANCECC " at checkout and you will get 18e discount. Free delivery and no custom fee.
    There are few good phones with stock in europe:
    http://www.coolicool.com/android-phone-c703.html/view_type/w_pro_gitte?order=1

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Just tried that code with the elephone p6000 from coolicool and it doesn't work.
    Looks like it only valid against the phones on their clearance page

theShire wrote: »
    Just tried that code with the elephone p6000 from coolicool and it doesn't work.
    Looks like it only valid against the phones on their clearance page

I would avoid it for now, has a terrible battery problem and screen marks easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

I would avoid it for now, has a terrible battery problem and screen marks easily.

Thanks for the advice
    I really want something 4g and under 5inch screen. Very hard to find for around 150euro mark

theShire wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice
    I really want something 4g and under 5inch screen. Very hard to find for around 150euro mark

I linked a few check my post history, its a good phone, I tried another battery calibration app last night that may have worked Ill report back tomorrow. The issue with the battery for me is I charge it over night so come 7 in the morning it would have been fully charged about 4 hours so when you unplug it it drains to around 90% straight away, it then discharges quickly and at around the 12 hour mark its at 1% and lasts 5 hours, if that doesnt annoy you then go for it :)

• Advertisement

personally i wouldn't buy any new or unbranded phones from china under 200 euro,i would stick to the bigger brands like lenovo jiayu thl etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

why? if that was they way everyone acted the OPO would never sell. new brands offer the most value as they want to build a customer base, obviously some are flops and some don't work out, but that's similar with known brands also. just look up reviews of each phone, they usually tell a good story.

seamusmct wrote: »
    personally i wouldn't buy any new or unbranded phones from china under 200 euro,i would stick to the bigger brands like lenovo jiayu thl etc.

Well this is the risk of buying from China, I know there is a chance that one or two features won't be as advertised but the odds that I'll get a powerful but cheap device with only maybe one are two minor flaws are good.

I think it's worth the risk personally. Now I hope I didn't just jinx my new Ulefone :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I forgot all about posting my first impressions of the Elephone P5000 but I'll do it now, better late than never right?

So anyway, the phone looks like a Samsung Galaxy with the 2 capacitive buttons and the home button in the middle mixed with an iPhone 6, build quality is grand.

When I got the phone I used it a lot until the battery died down then I charged it and the battery last 2 days with heavy use, sending Kik/WhatsApp/Hangouts and some light gaming, going to bed it had about 14% battery left.

In the box it comes with a quick charger but it's a European plug and not an Irish one so I just used a regular charger.

The phone is very very smooth, would've been nice to have a phone with 3GB of ram but 2GB is fine.

The finger print scanner works well but it is a total gimmick and I feel a bit of a tool having to try swipe it with one hand to unlock.

I'm very very happy so far but I'll probably create a thread soon enough with a full review of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Interestingly enough the second pic here looks almost identical to the last pic here.

I wonder are they copies of each other or is there a sort of one for all Chinese software installation they put on them?

seamusmct wrote: »

Personally I would not pay (much) over 200 euro for a phone from China, but I am always amazed at the spec you get for the money you pay. The Ulefone BePro looks excellent value IMO, and I am strongly considering getting one of them. I would also like to get a look at the Mlais M9 (approx 100usd) as I think that could be a very good phone for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

And who knows, if this LENOVO S860 phone for 119,69e (with stock in Europe) is original or fake on www.coolicool.com.
    In China they sell a lot of fake LENOVO S860 phones. My friend ordered one lenovo phone from china, and it was fake.
    I was thinking to buy: http://www.coolicool.com/stock-in-europe-lenovo-s860-mtk6582-13ghz-quad-core-53-inch-hd-ips-screen-android-42-3g-smartphon-g-36110?currency=EUR, but I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I wouldn't pay less than €200 to be honest, it seems to be the price/preformace sweet spot. I would have to put a lot of research into the phone any company before spending the money though

I wouldn't pay less than €200 to be honest, it seems to be the price/preformace sweet spot. I would have to put a lot of research into the phone any company before spending the money though

i think €200 would make a good starting point.

Does anybody know of a seller selling original Goophones with the goophone logo on the back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Hey guys, what do you think of this one? http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/huawei-ascend-g7/239310/1.116
    €275 sim-free from Carphone Warehouse with full Irish warranty etc.

Not coming from China, but a Chinese brand :D - would rather not buy from China as I like the security of having an Irish warranty with the phone, especially with anything costing €250+.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Hey guys, what do you think of this one? http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/huawei-ascend-g7/239310/1.116
    €275 sim-free from Carphone Warehouse with full Irish warranty etc.

Not coming from China, but a Chinese brand :D - would rather not buy from China as I like the security of having an Irish warranty with the phone, especially with anything costing €250+.

Huawei are a trusted brand but I wouldn't buy that phone because it's processor is not great and reading online it appears that android stutters quite often

Did you get your Ulefone yet ??

Did you get your Ulefone yet ??

Customs caught it. Sent all info to them earlier today so hopefully they'll send it out and I'll have it by Friday latest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Thoughts on the Elephone G6 for 132e delivered from Europe?

I haven't seen much on it here

Guys, thinking about the Doogee F1 Turbo Mini for my gf. She is after a smaller screen than my LG G2 and 4G.

It's a combination that's pretty rare on Chinese phones I've looked at so far!

Anyone got any warnings against? Did a search but it's not been talked about at all here. I've a pcadvisor review here which sings it's praises though.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Customs caught it. Sent all info to them earlier today so hopefully they'll send it out and I'll have it by Friday latest

I'm also interested in this one, let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

scout353 wrote: »
    So far so good - seems to work as good as my Note 3!!! Very quick with some nice features.

One caveat - it does not have 4G so if you are ok with 3G then this is deffo a consideration.

Might have been a little premature - have had a number of phone freezes while in locked mode and there was no response from any button. The power button brought up the power off screen but there was no response from the screen so there was no option but to do a battery pull and restart it.

Haven't had an opportunity to play with it in any great detail but I may take phone off lock mode and see if it just that program causing the freeze. It usually happens after about a week's use!

She is still pleased with it overall though.

Phone: Doogee Voyager 2

Package has arrived ! 39.50 customs :(

• Advertisement

Seen a bit of a improvement since a battery calibration, though its not every day that the battery drains by 10% within minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement