Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Thargor wrote: »
    Cheaped out on the 540p screen maybe.

Exactly. I'd say it's genuine. I mean if you drop the 4G and lower the ram to 1Gb, that is exactly the price you'd expect to pay for a 540p mtk6582 device.

It's certainly a risk, but I'd say go for it. I doubt it's fake, just new to the market. There seems to only be one other site selling it at the moment and it's a good bit more expensive.

Oddly enough, selecting Euro as the payment currency actually works out cheaper than USD for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Think ill go for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G, who here has it? Where can I get it that ships from Europe :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

It's on GearBeast aswell for a bit more and I've bought off them before so I know they're genuine.

I might buy it still.

Can anyone help me? I'm having a bit of a first world dilemma.

I'm going in holidays to Germany at the end of November so I obviously want something to take pictures with.

I'll have my Nexus 7 (yes I'm that person taking pictures with their tablet!) And my Moto G.

I'm debating buying a Chinese phone to replace my Moto G, preferably one with KitKat, SD Card, 4G and maybe even a fingerprint scanner?

I'm kind of looking the way of XiaoMi due to the fact that they seem to vet updates.

Does anyone know of a phone with my requirements and will get future updates? (Android L.)

Would I be better off just getting the Moto G 4G version?

Sorry for all the questions this just seems to be a great resource when it comes to Chinese phones.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Very very tempted by this phone.

It's called the MPIE G7.

It supports Irish 4G too I think.

Anyone got any experience with this website?

Think I'd be caught with Customs.

http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_192627.html

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.dealsmachine.com

A few reviews of the site there, I know you will always get a few bad reviews of every seller, but I would be inclined to pay the extra to Gearbest rather than take the chance with dealsmachine.com

Although if you are going up to the Gearbest price there may be other options to the phone as well!!

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.dealsmachine.com

A few reviews of the site there, I know you will always get a few bad reviews of every seller, but I would be inclined to pay the extra to Gearbest rather than take the chance with dealsmachine.com

Although if you are going up to the Gearbest price there may be other options to the phone as well!!

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

If using Gearbest dont forget to use the 10% off all phones code "chinaphonearena" from
    http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Did anyone on here ever buy the Nubia Z7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No but Ive never heard a bad word said about any version, I probably would have ended up with a Z7 Max when my phone died and forced my hand if I hadn't managed to grab a OnePlus invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

No but Ive never heard a bad word said about any version, I probably would have ended up with a Z7 Max when my phone died and forced my hand if I hadn't managed to grab a OnePlus invite.

Did you find any trustworthy reviews of it? All I ever found was the usual blurb from resellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Followed them on Gizchina for ages, loads of articles if you search:

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/10/nubia-z7-mini-vs-oneplus-one/

Definitely one of the better chinese phones out there.

Everything I read about it seems positive; the UI is supposed to be excellent.

I'm surprised it has not gained more traction here, especially the Mini version as it is well priced for a snap 801 phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Just got my Xiaomi 1S in the post, can someone tell me how to switch it on? :o

thebuzz wrote: »
    Just got my Xiaomi 1S in the post, can someone tell me how to switch it on? :o

Button on the side but make sure the battery hasnt got the little piece of plastic still on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Button on the side but make sure the battery hasnt got the little piece of plastic still on it.
    That was the problem, thanks. Couldn't understand why it wouldn't go on considering there's only two buttons on the thing!

thebuzz wrote: »
    That was the problem, thanks. Couldn't understand why it wouldn't go on considering there's only two buttons on the thing!

Its caught me out a few times with a initial OMG ITS BROKEN panic attack :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Hi all, I'm selling my beloved Xiaomi MI2s and want to clear everything off it before hand. Am I right in thinking that a factory reset will achieve this or is there anything else I should be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Factory reset should do it. Make sure you delete any backups you may have of it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Barr wrote: »
    Did anyone on here ever buy the Nubia Z7 ?

I was going to get the Mini, but the 4G doesn't have the band for O2 :eek:

abarkie wrote: »
    I was going to get the Mini, but the 4G doesn't have the band for O2 :eek:

I'm surprised by that , it puts a dampener on the phone. Shame really it looks the business otherwise.

• Advertisement

Can anyone help me? I'm having a bit of a first world dilemma.

I'm going in holidays to Germany at the end of November so I obviously want something to take pictures with.

I'll have my Nexus 7 (yes I'm that person taking pictures with their tablet!) And my Moto G.

I'm debating buying a Chinese phone to replace my Moto G, preferably one with KitKat, SD Card, 4G and maybe even a fingerprint scanner?

I'm kind of looking the way of XiaoMi due to the fact that they seem to vet updates.

Does anyone know of a phone with my requirements and will get future updates? (Android L.)

Would I be better off just getting the Moto G 4G version?

Sorry for all the questions this just seems to be a great resource when it comes to Chinese phones.

Thanks.
    *Bump*

Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

*Bump*

Can anyone help?

Have a look at the 4g edition of the Xiaomi Redmi Note. No fingerprint scanner, though.

corwill wrote: »
    Have a look at the 4g edition of the Xiaomi Redmi Note. No fingerprint scanner, though.

Cheers for the response. The fingerprint scanner is just a gimmick anyway so I don't really mind. Will take a look. Thanks.

*Bump*

Can anyone help?

This is new from Lenovo

http://www.etotalk.com/lenovo-a8-a806_p6283.html

Barr wrote: »

Those capacitive buttons are hideous! Haha, but what's it like with updates d'ya know?

Say it'd get Android L?

Those capacitive buttons are hideous! Haha, but what's it like with updates d'ya know?

Say it'd get Android L?

Lenovo are known for their beautiful phones :pac:

Don't know about that phone but their other model (K910) was to be updated from 4.2 to 4.4.

Chinese phones were very slow getting kitkat never mind android L so you could be waiting a while.

The Lenovo 2500 sized battery is terrible, trust me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

spix wrote: »

Gah - went to order the Cloudfone you suggested tonight for the kids and its gone - Im more familiar with the more common European sold models - Samsung etc. - so looking for advice on which of the above would you recommend - thanks.

Looking for it to Play games and have passable camera, under 100 but would really like to use paypal to purchase it.

Also This one looks good for 99 - any downsides to it? What catches should I be looking out for in these phones..

http://www.focalprice.com/MK0263B/Elephone_P6i_5.0_3G_Smartphone_QHD_Capacitive_Touch_Screen_960x540_Android.html

Cheers.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

ozmo wrote: »
    Gah - went to order the Cloudfone you suggested tonight for the kids and its gone - Im more familiar with the more common European sold models - Samsung etc. - so looking for advice on which of the above would you recommend - thanks.

Looking for it to Play games and have passable camera, under 100 but would really like to use paypal to purchase it.

Also This one looks good for 99 - any downsides to it? What catches should I be looking out for in these phones..

http://www.focalprice.com/MK0263B/Elephone_P6i_5.0_3G_Smartphone_QHD_Capacitive_Touch_Screen_960x540_Android.html

Cheers.

The Elephone looks fine, so long as you buy a micro sd card for it. It'll play games fine. Even Vice City runs well at that low resolution.

The back camera will be bad, at that price it's a given & cited in the reviews. The front camera will be ok for selfies & snap chat.

I bought this for my brother http://www.focalprice.com/MK0266B/UHAPPY_UP520_5.0_3G_Smartphone_with_Capacitive_IPS_COF_G_F_F_Double_Layer_Glass.html it's great & he loves it. The only negative is the camera. Front is ok, back is dire.

Still for €80 either phone is outstanding value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Been looking at the Nexus 6 and drooling. Sadly I think its price will probably make it a no go. Anyone seen any quality phablets during their travels?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement