Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

jsd1004 wrote: »

The specs are all fake...

'Not too bad' means it scored below 15,000 in antutu

Chances are it has an mtk6572 cpu, 512mb ram and 4gb rom. So it's actually pretty bad value as you can get much better phones for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

that has to be one of the worst fakes i've ever seen. The pictures are from about 10 different phones.
    none of which are from a Lenovo. stay well clear.

you won't get a 2gb Ram phone for south of €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

RossieMan wrote: »
    you won't get a 2gb Ram phone for south of €150.

Sure you will, your choices will just be extremely limited ;-)

http://dynamic.focalprice.com/categorylist/004001?minprice=&maxprice=190&attr_RAM=2GB

Just ignore the iPhone clones they cone up no matter what search terms you enter. I guess they're desperate to unload them.

with customs and shipping, none of those would be below €150.

I wouldn't even look at any of them anyway to be honest, you'll always be losing something on a budget phone.
    Camera, Battery, processor, you'd be as far on to stick with 1Gb of RAM and get a decent phone.
    Very hard to beat the Xiaomi 1s or the Moto G for around 150.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

An Elephone P8 is around 150! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Thanks guys. I still need a dual sim phone.have up to 250 euro to spend. Liked the opo but it is single sim. What would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TGxMister

Anybody know anything about the IUNI U3? Review on GizChina here: http:// www. gizchina.com/2014/09/04/hands-iuni-u3/ (excuse the broken link, apparently I still can't post them)
    Looks like an amazing phone, but nowhere seems to sell it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

spix wrote: »
    This is an excellent phone for the price

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-HUAWEI-Honor-3C-WCDMA-2GB-RAM-5-0-IPS-MTK6582-Quad-Core-Mobile-Phone-8GB/1583660305.html

Huawei Honor 3c FDD LTE
    Kirin 910 CPU
    2gb/16gb (full space available for apps, also supports micro sd card with ability to move apps to sd)
    and most importantly, double tap to wake!
    $191.99

I wonder what the Kirin 910 CPU is like ? Could be a decent enough alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

TGxMister wrote: »
    Anybody know anything about the IUNI U3? Review on GizChina here: http:// www. gizchina.com/2014/09/04/hands-iuni-u3/ (excuse the broken link, apparently I still can't post them)
    Looks like an amazing phone, but nowhere seems to sell it :(

Savage phone for the price. Hopefully it will be released outside China. Chances are it will as they have developed an English Rom.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Savage phone for the price. Hopefully it will be released outside China. Chances are it will as they have developed an English Rom.

If it is released outside China it will almost certainly only be other Asian countries.
    Barr wrote: »
    I wonder what the Kirin 910 CPU is like ? Could be a decent enough alternative.

It's a pretty good cpu, was their flagship last year used on their p6s. Scores about 25k in Antutu.
    TGxMister wrote: »
    Looks like an amazing phone, but nowhere seems to sell it frown.png

Aliexpress have it for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

hi guys bit of advice needed here,

I ordered this fone from this site http://en.comebuy.com/cell-phones-android-cell-phone-4-inch-phones-om12447.html
    after my friend in Glasgow ordered it and recommended it as a decent budget smartphone, he ordered it by DHL but he said it was actually the local postman that delivered it to his door and it arrived 7 days after he made his order.

Now ive since started reading up on here and on other forums, and it seems i may have made a mistake ordering thru DHL as they declare everything to customs and so everything from China gets held up their is this correct?

Could anyone tell me roughly the price id be expected to pay by customs if i am invoiced for this ? - the price i paid in total including delivery was just under €82

I ordered it on Tuesday and using tracking on the DHL site their has been no update on its whereabouts since Wednesday

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    hi guys bit of advice needed here,

I ordered this fone from this site http://en.comebuy.com/cell-phones-android-cell-phone-4-inch-phones-om12447.html
    after my friend in Glasgow ordered it and recommended it as a decent budget smartphone, he ordered it by DHL but he said it was actually the local postman that delivered it to his door and it arrived 7 days after he made his order.

Now ive since started reading up on here and on other forums, and it seems i may have made a mistake ordering thru DHL as they declare everything to customs and so everything from China gets held up their is this correct?

Could anyone tell me roughly the price id be expected to pay by customs if i am invoiced for this ? - the price i paid in total including delivery was just under €82

I ordered it on Tuesday and using tracking on the DHL site their has been no update on its whereabouts since Wednesday

Your friend might have used the Germany shipping option, which means it was probably sent by DHL/deutsche post from Germany and then delivered by the local post office.

I've heard people not having to pay customs with DHL from HK though, so its not a certainty you'll have to pay. If you do (and its based on how much you actually paid and not sellers declaration) it'll be 23% plus handling fee. This would be 33 euro, 15 handling + 18 vat. Using DHL from China is not the best choice for low value items.

spix wrote: »
    Your friend might have used the Germany shipping option, which means it was probably sent by DHL/deutsche post from Germany and then delivered by the local post office.

I've heard people not having to pay customs with DHL from HK though, so its not a certainty you'll have to pay. If you do (and its based on how much you actually paid and not sellers declaration) it'll be 23% plus handling fee. This would be 33 euro, using DHL from China is not the best choice for low value items.

thanks for the reply, no he didnt use the Germany option as he never even knew about it when i asked him, wish id read this thread first now :(

So will i receive an email/letter from DHL or will i be expected to pay the driver normally in this situation?

thanks for the reply, no he didnt use the Germany option as he never even knew about it when i asked him, wish id read this thread first now :(

So will i receive an email/letter from DHL or will i be expected to pay the driver normally in this situation?

Not sure as I've never used DHL

Tbh, you probably should have gotten a Moto E if you're paying around 80e for a budget phone but its not the end of the world :)

suppose its too late to try and cancel & get a refund now thru paypal?

suppose its too late to try and cancel & get a refund now thru paypal?

If its already dispatched you wouldn't be able to cancel it, but you could always try to refuse delivery. They should return it to the seller then you could try get a refund and make up some excuse with paypal.

Pandawill have added an 'Insurance policy'

Import Tax & VAT Insurance Policy
    1, For additional 5% of the total cost of the order value, Pandawill will cover any inccurred Import tax and VAT on this order. Customers could choose this coverage at the payment step when placing orders.

that's a brilliant deal. can see them getting a lot more customers because of that.
    Really cuts out the need for using the likes of Xaiomi shop or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I really think we need a separate thread for postage/customs discussion. Look at the last few pages, thats all this thread is now, endless customs discussions and then the minute one person buys a phone the whole thing takes off again, 3 more pages of customs customs customs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Thargor wrote: »
    I really think we need a separate thread for postage/customs discussion. Look at the last few pages, thats all this thread is now, endless customs discussions and then the minute one person buys a phone the whole thing takes off again, 3 more pages of customs customs customs...

It'd be a magnet for the ban-hammer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Thargor wrote: »

Have to agree Thargor, I really find the customs discussions very boring on an otherwise fantastic thread.

Anyway pulled the trigger on two of these for the kids for Christmas, no delivery charges no customs. What ya think?

http://www.coolicool.com/-presell-time-april-4th-inew-v3-mtk6582-13ghz-quad-core-50-inch-hd-screen-android422-3g-smartp-g-33210

A customs thread will be closed instantly.

Its part of the chinese phone experience, don't see why it'd need its own thread.
    It gives people a true idea of some of the problems faced when ordering from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

A sticky on the OP might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It does mention it in the OP, but I think you will always have newcomers to the thread asking how much will I have to pay etc.

as the latest poster to ask about customs i apologise, it must seem tedious to regular readers of this thread seeing the subject brought up again and again, after i posted last night i suddenly (after a few good years on boards - doh) realised you could search the thread, so did so using "DHL & Customs" and found out a lot more helpful info & experiences.

I do agree though that it could be stickied and whilst the first post on this thread does mention customs it doesn't go into great detail about it.

Anyway thanks to spix for answering my queries and giving helpful advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

as the latest poster to ask about customs i apologise, it must seem tedious to regular readers of this thread seeing the subject brought up again and again, after i posted last night i suddenly (after a few good years on boards - doh) realised you could search the thread, so did so using "DHL & Customs" and found out a lot more helpful info & experiences.

I do agree though that it could be stickied and whilst the first post on this thread does mention customs it doesn't go into great detail about it.

Anyway thanks to spix for answering my queries and giving helpful advice

No need to apologise at all, ignore anyone that moans on this thread, as far as I remember we have only had a mod post once so we must be doing something right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

RossieMan wrote: »
    that's a brilliant deal. can see them getting a lot more customers because of that.
    Really cuts out the need for using the likes of Xaiomi shop or the likes.

Do you think that they will honour it & give a prompt refund ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Right so I've a phone being delivered that's currently in customs hands.

What's the procedure? Just email them proof of purchase and price of p&p and then it'll be released?

Also, does the extra customs tax have to be paid on delivery? or can it be a few days later?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Maybe a banner in the title "READ THE OP Before POSTING" might reduce the number of customs questions.
    Of course there will always be muppets who think they know better....we can report those for derailing the thread :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement