Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Open 2013

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

BBC blaming the feather now .... great ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Textbook from Novak from the second set on, some beautiful shots, and his fitness is out of this world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Djokovic is just a better player. Murray has really come on with his game and fair play to him for that. However when Novak plays his A game, Murray is not at that level. Becker thankfully in BBC studio speaks some sense, the british commentators are so biased towards Murray!!

Djokovic 6 slams, Murray 1
    11-7 head to head including 3-1 in slam meetings

The stats don't lie, djokovic is a superior player and always has been. He is also excellent on clay where Murray is well behind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

the_monkey wrote: »
    Big game for Djokovic, still feeling sick listening to these nazi BBC c*nts ...

Consider this a warning. More outbursts like this will result in an infraction.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Not sure I enjoyed this Slam to be honest. There were maybe 3 or 4 good matches in total and most of the main talking points were off the court and completely unnecessary.

All back to the "In Between......" thread now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Not sure I enjoyed this Slam to be honest. There were maybe 3 or 4 good matches in total and most of the main talking points were off the court and completely unnecessary.

All back to the "In Between......" thread now?

Seems so. And hope that Roland Garros has better quality of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Never mind the feather, IMO the real turning point was the game in the 2nd set when Murray was 40-0 on Nole's serve. Had a feeling that he wasn't going to win once he failed to take those break points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Didn't bother watching. Sounds like I didn't miss much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Yeah was quite dire overall as a tournament. Wawrinka vs. Djokovic was easily my highlight, I've always loved Stan but it was the first time I reckon I've been so emotionally involved in a match with Novak that didn't involve Roger. Classic at times, and the proper arrival of one of the great backhands of all time. Titanic defense from both, particularly Novak towards the end when Stan was throwing some of the most stunning backhands at him shot after shot! Immense, one of my favourite matches ever.
    Federer/Tsonga was lots of fun too, just love watching Tsonga play at times, he's a majestic giant! Federer played some top notch stuff to defeat him.

Fed/Murray was decent, too up and down from Fed for it to be ranked better for me, Murray was solid throughout and should have won it sooner tbh, could have been better as a match.

Other than that of the main televised matches, little was rewatchable. Fed had a few entertaining matches early on, particularly against Tomic. Lots of one sided demolitions from Novak and Murray, good demonstrations of their physical prowess.

On the womens side, would have loved to have see Li Na win it, so unlucky in the final! Pity about Serena. Sloane has potential. Maria is up and down. Venus is gone for now. Azarenka is good. Decent talent pool for the women, but Serena can rise well about them all when she's fit again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

John.Icy wrote: »
    On the womens side, would have loved to have see Li Na win it, so unlucky in the final! Pity about Serena. Sloane has potential. Maria is up and down. Venus is gone for now. Azarenka is good. Decent talent pool for the women, but Serena can rise well about them all when she's fit again.

Did you see the picture Serena tweeted of her ankle the day after she lost? It's kind of embarrassing that she cruised through so many people on that ankle without even having to get into 2nd gear. I don't like her, but there's no denying she's one hell of a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Did you see the picture Serena tweeted of her ankle the day after she lost? It's kind of embarrassing that she cruised through so many people on that ankle without even having to get into 2nd gear. I don't like her, but there's no denying she's one hell of a player.

Yeah that picture was the most severe swelling of an ankle I've seen probably. Fair play to her for playing on it and doing damn good.

She'll be unbeatable soon once again.

Advertisement