Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strypes

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,333 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Seen these guys live recently and they are fantastic. Really worth seeing. Incredible energy.

Met them too afterwards and they are really down to earth lads.

Fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Nobody said anything about their new EP "4 Track Mind"!

I think it's great. Wasn't gone on "I don't wanna know" but it is growing on me. It still would be my least favourite song on it though. "So They Say" is my favourite. I love how the second verse starts with "Give a little dribble of divilment..." :P "Hard To Say No" is a lovely tune aswell. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

https://twitter.com/The_Strypes/status/1062621845411770368

Shame really. Ill never forget the gig I saw them play in The Sweeney in 2011 or 2012. Really thought they were for the big time then. Seems a couple of them are going off to be actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is it lack of radio play and lack of money or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Aw, wish I'd gone to see them live if the concert vids on YouTube, such as for the 2016 "Haldern Pop Festival 2016" and "Rock Werchter Belgium" are anything to go by. Best wishes for their new activities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,275 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I am genuinely disappointed to hear this.

Another person who thought it was only a matter of time before they hit it big. But just never seemed to come.

It certainly wasn't through lack of effort. I only ever got to one of their gigs, at a local spot in Inishowen a couple of years ago. There was maybe only a crowd of 100 or 150 but they gave it 100%, and put on a great show. Having listened to them before then only on CD, I was very surprised with their technical ability, they were excellent live.

But I suppose the music industry doesn't make sense at times, some talentless people seem to sell by the shed load, other much more talented people struggle.

On a final note, my 2 boys of 5 and 9 love listening to them in the car, and I had promised to take the older one to their next local gig.....shame it'll not happen now.

Wish the lads the best of luck whatever they do.

Advertisement