Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheists - why do you care?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I reckon he thought Popette was too hardcore. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

OP, to answer your question, I dislike the fact that my non-belief in any form of belief has to be given a name, such as "Athiest".

However, I do not care what anyone believes. I have zero interest in what peoples beliefs are and certainly have no interest in trying to unconvert people...

Live and let live...

The only time I would enter into a religious debate is when archaic, frankly madness, global decision making is made based on religion...

For example stem cell research, the potential is unlimited, but being blocked by what in my eyes are conservative nut jobs, I think it is fine to have your life dictated to you by your religion if you so choose, but not to dictate to others who have no interest in your religion, just because your religion says it's wrong.

Stem Cell research is playing God? Then don't engage in Stem Cell research. (although enjoy all the ungodly benefits it will bring).

Gay marriage is ungodly? Then don't turn gay and get married.

Assisted Suicide for terminally ill patients is ungodly? Then don't get terminally ill and request someone to end your suffering.

Abortion is ungodly? Then don't get pregnant and abort the pregnancy (although do enjoy contraception and morning after pills).

Basically, my view on it is that the only time I care about other peoples religion is when it obstrcuts me or society.

I don't have a religion, so I wish everyone well and would fight for their right to be free and believe what they want to believe and do what they want to do, but it bothers me when my world is dictated and obstructed by someone elses beliefs, that are nothing to do with me.

The above issues and religion are as insane to me as someone believing in a flying spaghetti monster in the sky, therefore we aren't allowed eat meat balls any more...it is just insane and bothersome. Want to worry about a spaghetti monster in the sky and don't want to anger it? Then don't eat meatballs, but why should I have to stop too?

Advertisement