Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BreakFast Roll

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Anyone ever put cheese and red sauce on theirs? Its most tasty.

YUCK! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

pmcmahon wrote: »
    .Anybody who puts red sauce on a breakfast roll is an anti christ.
    TBH the opinion of anyone who calls tomato ketchup red sauce doesn't bother me too much.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Would it not be blue mold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Wouldn't eat the ones out of a deli where the rashers are usually hard and lukewarm and the sausages are as cheap as possible.

Make one most weekends with Clonakilty sausages and black pudding,the whites of two fried eggs,and some crispy streaky bacon.No sauce,mayo or cheese either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

If made fresh they are great. Otherwise they are so dry you need a drink to have any chance of swallowing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Otherwise they are so dry you need a drink to have any chance of swallowing.

with a big mugga tae :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Get yourself a breakfast roll

Sausage
    bacon
    pudding
    egg
    hashbrown

Then get them to throw some chicken on the griddle and lash that on top, thats where its at, Delish

• Registered Users Posts: 45,267 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Haven't had a full breakfast roll in years.

Had a black pudding, fried onion and mushroom half roll last week with ketchup. Was pretty damn tasty tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I love them...

Mallons deli in Monaghan used to be my favourite place to get one.

Best place I've ever gotten one was at a stall at the Mahon Point farmers market.. He fries everything in front of you.

Favourite combo:

2 bacon,
    2 sausage,
    Egg
    Ketchup.

No hash browns or any of that fancy stuff.. Give me PIG!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,267 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Sausage
    bacon
    pudding
    egg
    hashbrown

Then get them to throw some chicken on the griddle and lash that on top, thats where its at, Delish

Sounds like dinner for two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Guys forget ur spars and ur topaz... drove the whole way to the north from cork one morning stoped to get petrol at this little place right on the border... the nicest breaky role iv ever had in my life. Came in half a french stick and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Sausage
    bacon
    pudding
    egg
    hashbrown

Then call 999:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I had my first one the other day, 2 sausages, 1 piece of bacon, one black pudding bit, and a hash brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A few years ago I went on a training course in the USA (Fort Collins, Colorado), and on a couple of days they served Breakfast Burritos. The first time I'd already had breakfast at the hotel, but it didn't stop me scarfing one down. T'was Loverly. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I've never understood the breakfast roll? If you want a cooked breakfast it deserves the few minutes it takes to sit and eat it properly, without spilling half of it all over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd never get one in spar, but a matt the rashers breakfast roll is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Haven't had one in ages. Must pick one up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Shop on Jamestown road does awesome breakfast rolls, have to admit I'm a fan of tomato ketchup on mine, but why do some shops insist on using terrible cheap ketchup and ruin the roll...

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Slightly OT but living across the water, they dont do chicken fillet rolls.

Probably the thing I miss most from home. Had my fill over christmas though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No tomato ketchup on a breakfast roll. It's ok on a steak sambo or a burger, but not on a breakfast roll; completely overwhelms the taste of all other ingredients of the breakfast roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Ketchup on a steak sambo?? Are you dizzy blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Spicy wedges, melted mozzarella lumps and fried lardons (pork cubes) in a wrap.

Pain in your left arm from just lookin at it or your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i havent had one in ages and i dont miss them tbh.

i had to have - sausages, bacon (with the fat ON), hash browns, black pudding and eggs with brown sauce. none of that filthy white pudding crap. i ate 3 in row one time on the way to the curragh for the guineas one morning a few years ago but i was absolutely pissed and i was still early morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I hate that most won't take the 2 seconds to cut the fat off the rashers.

But that's the best part!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I would like to take a moment to curse you all, it is quarter to nine at night and I am now absolutely hanging for a breakfast roll!

Butter, sausage, rasher, pudding (has to be both) hash browns and if you think you can skip the tomato sauce then féck off to hell with you! No egg and no beans. If I wanted a full Irish, I'd order it.

I am going down the country tomorrow on a morning train so I am DEFINITELY stopping off somewhere for a good breakfast roll on the way to the station now. Féck any attempts at a diet

the news cafe in blackrock, dublin or the good times cafe in arklow

that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Spicy wedges, melted mozzarella lumps and fried lardons (pork cubes) in a wrap.
    Pain in your left arm from just lookin at it or your money back.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'd never get one in spar, but a matt the rashers breakfast roll is amazing

matt the rasher in sundrive? monto is better imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I remember back around 06/07 when I used to be on my mid morning break from my office job, used to go to the local Spa and there'd be 5 or 6 of these Hi Vis herberts swaggering around the store, full of brio and BS jabbering away to the girls behind the counter getting a basket full of these breakfast rolls

''look at us we're on €800 a week'' being the subliminal point they were throwing out.

.....haven't seen these lads for a few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

dd972 wrote: »
    I remember back around 06/07 when I used to be on my mid morning break from my office job, used to go to the local Spa and there'd be 5 or 6 of these Hi Vis herberts swaggering around the store, full of brio and BS jabbering away to the girls behind the counter getting a basket full of these breakfast rolls

''look at us we're on €800 a week'' being the subliminal point they were throwing out.

.....haven't seen these lads for a few years

Ah I remember those Celtic Tiger days, going to the local spa for a mud bath and seaweed facial on the lunch break.

Advertisement