Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quoting films/tv shows in everyday life

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Jim Carrey is quite the quotable lad, for example a few I use:

"Hey, wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world.... eeeehhhhhhhhhhhaaaahhhhhh"

"B e a utiful"

"Re he he eally"

Whenever I walk into a smelly toilet or leave I yell Ace Ventura style "Do NAAAT go in there"

"Big ol mr kanish"

The list goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Name? Fletch F Fletch

Occupation? Shepherd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Anyone that's ever asked me if I want anything from the shop is met with a swift reply,

"Cornetto".

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

As much as I love it, I don't quote Father Ted all that much, except every now and then "You're right there, Ted" comes out and even once or twice "Those are fake arms" has been warranted!

Not for any particular reason, but I love quoting that bit from Spaceballs when Barf is talking to the princess: "I'm a mog! Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend".

And of course:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

''I've made a huge mistake...''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

:confused: .....The fuck you talking about?

Its the song from The Big Lebowski..

"The Man In Me" by Bob Dylan

If you read what I quoted or saw the greatest comedy ever made you would understand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade here but if you are using quotes from films or cartoons when having conversations then that's pretty sad tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Blackadder Season 4 quotes always work;

"Is it as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I can't remember where I first heard "No S#!t, Sherlock", but I am guilty of bringing it out when it seems to fit. Best I can tell from IMDB, it's from the movie Little Shop of Horrors (1986).

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭skyfall2012

mfceiling wrote: »
    Sorry to rain on anyone's parade here but if you are using quotes from films or cartoons when having conversations then that's pretty sad tbh...

I'm not familiar with this one, which movie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MinesAlargeone

Back off man, I'm a scientist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Not a direct quote but was out one night in some Karaoke place, 4 girls on stage slaughtering a song and my mate starts booing them loudly. Girl in front of us turns around and says "are you saying boo?" to which he replies "No, I was saying boo-urns, boo-urns"

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

TheStook wrote: »
    Its the song from The Big Lebowski..

"The Man In Me" by Bob Dylan

If you read what I quoted or saw the greatest comedy ever made you would understand

*Whoosh!*

Yes Dude im familiar with the song(ive had the pleasure of seeing Mr Dylan play it too!)

I think you may need to see the greatest comedy ever made again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efZQhYu1E5s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"What does God need with a starship?" is always relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

mfceiling wrote: »

I think thats one of his isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Bottom, my god I was so young watching that. My brother used to let me watch it with him. But he's 17 years older!

Gimme gimme gimme is good for quotes too!

GAS MAN GAS MAN!! Is there someone looking after you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

*Whoosh!*

Yes Dude im familiar with the song(ive had the pleasure of seeing Mr Dylan play it too!)

I think you may need to see the greatest comedy ever made again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efZQhYu1E5s

Oh my bad dude, completely misinterpreted your post.

My aggression will not stand.

You saw Dylan live???

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

i've had my fun .. and thats all that matters ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

TheStook wrote: »
    You saw Dylan live???

Don't waste your money.

I've got friends who quote films endlessly, usually Anchorman or randomly saying 'you filthy animal'. Fúck, I hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

That boy is a running fool , taken from forrest gump

brummytom wrote: »
    Don't waste your money.

I've got friends who quote films endlessly, usually Anchorman or randomly saying 'you filthy animal'. Fúck, I hate it.

I'm 18 so I've never really had the opportunity but I certainly will if he plays in Ireland or the UK again

Advertisement