Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quoting films/tv shows in everyday life

Options
  • 04-01-2013 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

In a friends house on New Years Eve for a session. About 4 am the session has died and most people were gone, only me and a few hardcores left. Someone decides to make sandwiches, egg sandwiches to be precise. As she's making them she asks does everyone do they like egg, i reply with "I love egg so much sometimes I think I might turn into an egg", waiting for someone to reply with "I think that process has already begun", however nobody did and they all sat there confused and thinking I was a bit of a muppet. I had to explain that the quote was from Fr. Ted.

Anyway I'm wondering do many of you use what you think are fairly well known quotes in everyday life or have yous any funny stories of it backfiring and nobody having a clue what you are on about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

"I love the smell of acorns in the morning"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

There is an appropriate Simpsons quote for every possible situation in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

You made a huge mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

"needless to say i had the last laugh".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

"ARE THOSE MY FEET ?????"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I find that "60% of the time it works every time"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I know this is turning into a Tedfest but I'm a big fan of "How did that gob****e get on the television?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I'm a silent movie fan myself so what i do is I mime scenes from the silent classics in everyday life.

Folks love it, there always looking at me and laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

"Well, that's just like, your opinion, man"

Best response to an insult.

Long live The Dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm a silent movie fan myself so what i do is I mime scenes from the silent classics in everyday life.

Folks love it, there always looking at me and laughing.

You must be fricking awesome at charades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

"Say hello to my lil' friend"

To the missus every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

"Well that's just like....your...opinion...man."

"Well that's just like....your...opinion...man."

Got there before ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pinky: "Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—try to take over the world!"

TheStook wrote: »
    Got there before ya ;)

"This aggression will not stand man!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Simpsons, Fr. Ted and Friends would probably be the ones I'd use the most. A few of the lads would quote Star Trek every so often too... I might consider making new friends :p

"This aggression will not stand man!"

-You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
    -Yeah, but Walter...
    -Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These ****ing amateurs...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Larkin00

Meangadh wrote: »
    Simpsons, Fr. Ted and Friends would probably be the ones I'd use the most. A few of the lads would quote Star Trek every so often too... I might consider making new friends :p

+1 on the Friends quotes. There seems to be a suitable one for most situations :D

-You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
    -Yeah, but Walter...
    -Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These ****ing amateurs...

"MARK IT ZERO!"

"MARK IT ZERO!"

"Shut the **** up Donny, You're OUT OF YOUR ****ING ELEMENT!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

"Merry Christmas ya filthy animal, and a happy new year"

One I said quite a lot lately.

"Shut the **** up Donny, You're OUT OF YOUR ****ING ELEMENT!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU2ZgaQ_H-Y

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

"needless to say i had the last laugh".

A.Partridge classic.

(or..or needles in her case)

Anyway "About 4 am the session has died and most people were gone, only me and a few hardcores left".

Who keeps going after 4am? By 4am everythings gone to crap, if its 4am you probably haven't scored, you feel mouldy from the drink (any buzz is gone), the music has all been played, most people are gone, sunlights starting to creep in, you've already been talking sht for the night so you're out of 'hilarious stories'.
    just people sitting around in a room that has to be tidied later, with nothing to look forward to except going to bed and waking up crusty later on. and your bedroom will be bright so no proper darkness.

sorry...ive just been left scarred by these things.

Troy and Abed in the morning!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Whenever I find myself losing an argument I fall back on ''Unless.... You a Zombie!'' :D (about 2 mins in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

That Ebola virus has gotta suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭skyfall2012

"Please don't eat me! I've got a wife and kids, eat them!"

"But ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, what a wonderful feeling"

That is hilarious, didn't realize there was that amount of profanity haha

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Pretty much am always thinking of Arrested Development quotes to relate to any situation.
    This isn't exactly a quote, more so an action, but a few weeks ago I went out, and had quite a bit to drink. The result was me doing the AD chicken dance all night, everywhere we went. I even tried to convince the bouncer at a pub to do it with me. Keep in mind that absolutely no one who I was with had ever seen Arrested Development, so they were utterly confused. They did find it pretty hilarious though.
    South Park and is something I quote from quite a bit as well.
    Friends- definitely! I'm constantly quoting from it actually. That show has a quote for every single situation.

As for films, Anchorman all the way! Too many quotes to choose from! Although I do love lamp...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I can never ever remember quotes. So, no I don't use them. I get bored of people who use them all the time fairly quickly too.

Advertisement