Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quoting films/tv shows in everyday life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭skyfall2012

I can never ever remember quotes. So, no I don't use them. I get bored of people who use them all the time fairly quickly too.

Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I can never ever remember quotes. So, no I don't use them. I get bored of people who use them all the time fairly quickly too.
    Young fella, if you're lookin' for trouble I'll accommodate ya

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

TheStook wrote: »
    "But ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, what a wonderful feeling"

That is hilarious, didn't realize there was that amount of profanity haha

:confused: .....The fuck you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Careful now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

The snapper is great for quotes ...

Suppose a ride's out of the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

Over Christmas got to use a Ted quote "With these Rocher, you are really spoiling us....everyone got it straight away. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Larkin00

The snapper is great for quotes ...

Suppose a ride's out of the question?

That was A1. Good Girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dynamo Roller1

Usal we have wormsign the likes of which god has never seen

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

"That'll do pig, that'll do"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

"Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all...NOTHING AT ALL." Has served me well. Can't beat a bit of Ned Flanders.

That, and some casual quotes from Dodgeball, Friends and Father Ted never go amiss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Egghead likes his booky book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

"Everything's coming up Millhouse" seems to fit more scenarios than you'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

I find this gem to be useful in almost any instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Do this a lot. Few well timed ones, too.

A good one from my boyfriend a few years back - there was a cactus with a label of information and it was in German (like the BBQ instructions in French from the Simpsons) and he goes "DER CACTUS?! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

I went through a patch of insomnia a while back. My boyfriend woke up one night with my twisting and turning. He asked what was wrong. I replied "Can't sleep. Clown'll eat me!" We both got a great laugh and he went back to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

Before I watched Family Guy I thought a guy I knew was hilarious.

Turned out every witticism he ever made was lifted from Seth McFarlane.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Frankly (my dear) I don't give a damm!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

orestes wrote: »
    There is an appropriate Simpsons quote for every possible situation in life.

If in doubt just quote anything Ralph has ever said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Ace Ventura will get you out of almost any situation.
    If through some misquotation or fault of your own it fails you could always dazzle and confuse them with a V for Vendetta quote.
    Some guy dressed up as V bought me a pint on Hallowe'en after I was able to quote the whole "Voila! In view a humble vaudevillian veteran..." bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

If in doubt just quote anything Ralph has ever said :)

I bent my wookie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I bent my wookie :(

That's where I saw the Leprechaun...He told me to burn things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Frankly (my dear) I don't give a damm!

Damn you Wiley, got in there before me while I was searching for the youtube clip-

Gets used on a fairly regular basis! :D

Not to worry though-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I've picked up a lot of Brentisms but people who haven't seen the office just think I'm a twat.

Also good for any 'what should I do' type situations is the old "theres always money in the banana stand"

Always Sunny in Philadelphia deserves a mention as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Picture the scene: The other f***in' week there, doin' the f***in' Volley with Tommy, playing pool. I'm playing like Paul-f***in'-Newman by the way. Givin' the boy here the tannin' of a lifetime. So it comes to there, during the last shot, the deciding ball of the whole tournament. I'm on the black and he's sittin' in the corner looking all f***in' biscuit-arsed. When this hard c*** comes in. Obviously f***in' fancied himself, like. Starts staring at me. Lookin' at me, right ****in' at me, as if to say, "Come ahead, square go." You ken me, I'm not the type of c*** that goes looking for ****in' bother, like, but at the end of the day I'm the c*** with a pool cue and he can get the fat end in his puss any time he f***ing wanted like. So I squares up, casual like. What does the hard c*** do? Or the so-called hard c***? s***es it. Puts down his drink, turns, and gets the f*** out of there. And after that, well, the game was mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Pretty much am always thinking of Arrested Development quotes to relate to any situation.
    This isn't exactly a quote, more so an action, but a few weeks ago I went out, and had quite a bit to drink. The result was me doing the AD chicken dance all night, everywhere we went. I even tried to convince the bouncer at a pub to do it with me. Keep in mind that absolutely no one who I was with had ever seen Arrested Development, so they were utterly confused.

Which one did you do? and did you get him to do a different chicken dance to the one you were doing? "has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?"
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    "Everything's coming up Millhouse" seems to fit more scenarios than you'd imagine
    I use this a lot but it's the one that people look at me funny when I use it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

"Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all...NOTHING AT ALL." Has served me well. Can't beat a bit of Ned Flanders.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!!

AD quotes all the way.

Caw ca caw ca caw!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭johnolocher

Me and my mates quote at will The Sopranos, Alan Partridge, Only Fools and horses & Bottom and films like Lock Stock, Snatch & Football Factory. We sometimes have whole conversations just on television quotes!

I'd love to be able to quote Father Ted at will but I never watched it the 1000 times I did the above

• Advertisement

Bottom, my god I was so young watching that. My brother used to let me watch it with him. But he's 17 years older!

Gimme gimme gimme is good for quotes too!

Advertisement