Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny can't afford to...

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

RainyDay wrote: »
    I have to disagree. 3 year returns and 10 year returns are almost all in the black, with 5 year returns still in the red - see http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1022870.shtml

No bloodbath there for anyone who chose a standard investment fund. It's only the 'cute hoors' who were so sure that they could beat the market that lost the big money.

Good point there young rainy...however you has to consider the proportionality of the investments.

Most investors would choose a mix of risk and conservative investment...if you were going conserv in the Irish market you got the Banks - CRH and Kerry now the banks tanked so even if the others did OK you was guntered.

Thats just the situ ....innit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

I'll chip in a fiver. Anyone else?

I think hes got enough of the public's money

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/kenny-tops-the-rte-richlist-1909991.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Good point there young rainy...however you has to consider the proportionality of the investments.

Most investors would choose a mix of risk and conservative investment...if you were going conserv in the Irish market you got the Banks - CRH and Kerry now the banks tanked so even if the others did OK you was guntered.

Thats just the situ ....innit ?

Depends where you get your advice from. If you get your advice from a bloke in a pub, then you might think that you'll never go wrong with Irish financial shares (a la Gaybo) or you'll never go wrong with property.

If you get professional advice from a professional adviser, they will advise you to diversify geographically and sectorally. Market crashes come and market crashes go. This isn't the first or last crash. It's easy enough to diversify across all regions and sectors by buying into managed funds. But the 'cute hoors' were sure that they knew better than the professionals, and now they pay the price.

Or rather we pay the price, by seeing the same talking heads on RTE there were around in my childhood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement