Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny can't afford to...

Options
  • 04-01-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

RETIRE...........I wish he fooking would !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Ok

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

I'll chip in a fiver. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Poor Pat!

Maybe he could sell some of "his" land.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chunky.Monkey1

Yep put me down for a tenner. He NEEDS to retire!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I would'nt like to be his neighbour......

but I would with his wife ....... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

If he squats there long enough they might just give him RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

In a similar vein, how on earth was Gerry Ryan skint ?, he was on €300+K a year FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i dont mind pat kenny, he is great on the frontline

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

dd972 wrote: »
    In a similar vein, how on earth was Gerry Ryan skint ?, he was on €300+K a year FFS.

he was shoving most of it up his nose...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

And the wireless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

MidlandsM wrote: »
    he was shoving most of it up his nose...

What's Pat at then, shoving it up his arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chunky.Monkey1

Wasn't he supposed to have been in a lot of drug related debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

You'll chip in €160, whether you like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Pity it ain't the frontline I would like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Cocaines a hell of a drug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Any mention of what sort of a pension he'd be on? I'd say it would be large, hollywood large. Obviously he's worth every penny cos the BBC etc are panting for him, blah,blah, ryan tubridy, blah, England, blah, Miriam, blah. Me hole, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

He was paid all that money to rant about drugs, while then going out and giving it all back to the dealers.

Its the circle of life Simba.

That's only €821 a day, before tax, so prob €600ish, after. €100 for this, €100 for that, €100 for the other and that leaves €300, €100 for the missus, €100 for mortgage/loans/credit card, €100 for the car/fuel/clothes and blam, you're broke. Easy really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

This guy earns 750k a year.

What kind of debts/habits does he have that he can't afford to retire?

Does he own tens of millions to the Russian mob or some sh!t?

This guy earns 750k a year.

What kind of debts/habits does he have that he can't afford to retire?

Does he own tens of millions to the Russian mob or some sh!t?
    Here's the news. The sh1t you own/have to own/have to pay expands to meet your income. If you're on 35k a year, you live to 35k. If you're on a mil, you live a mil. People are funny, they expand their stuff to meet their income..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Now that Pat has given up the Late Late, which he was mostly dismal at, in favour of doing what he should have stuck to all along, I'd rather see him hang on.

Aside from meandering a bit at times in terms of topics, his radio show is top notch and he's always well prepared for it, unlike some of his colleagues.

Regarding his pension, that's something he would have presumably arranged himself, because he contracts his services to the RTE mothership, rather than being employed by them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've two words if Pat retired....

Myles Dungan.

I think we should keep Pat in some weird servitude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Pottler wrote: »
    Here's the news. The sh1t you own/have to own/have to pay expands to meet your income. If you're on 35k a year, you live to 35k. If you're on a mil, you live a mil. People are funny, they expand their stuff to meet their income. I do anyway.

I'm aware of that. But here's the rub. I don't have a drug habit or a taste for expensive clothes/gadgetry. I earn about 6k a month after tax but I'm always running to stand still. I drop about 35 a day on beer and cigs. After bills are paid and crap like that I have about 2k left over each month and I think I'm a spendthrift. I'll take a 14 euro taxi to see my mother instead of a 2 quid bus trip, etc.

Pat bought his gaff in 1988. It MUST be paid off by now. I would imagine he supports his kids too. But he doesn't have to. They should be adults by now. Even if he skulls 10 pints a night (which I doubt) that's still only about 1400 a month.

You are telling me that you live to you're income. Are you suggesting that Premiership footballers many of whom are on a million a month instead of a million a year will be screwed when their careers end at 35 instead of 65 like Pat's ?

Does Rooney burn through 12 mill a year just because that's what he earns?

I know he's not a bright spark but not even a coke soaked, whoremongering gambling addict could accomplish that. And neither Pat nor Wayne are in that category.

I'm aware of that. But here's the rub. I don't have a drug habit or a taste for expensive clothes/gadgetry. I earn about 6k a month after tax but I'm always running to stand still. I drop about 35 a day on beer and cigs. After bills are paid and crap like that I have about 2k left over each month and I think I'm a spendthrift. I'll take a 14 euro taxi to see my mother instead of a 2 quid bus trip, etc.

Pat bought his gaff in 1988. It MUST be paid off by now. I would imagine he supports his kids too. But he doesn't have to. They should be adults by now. Even if he skulls 10 pints a night (which I doubt) that's still only about 1400 a month.

You are telling me that you live to you're income. Are you suggesting that Premiership footballers many of whom are on a million a month instead of a million a year will be screwed when their careers end at 35 instead of 65 like Pat's ?

Does Rooney burn through 12 mill a year just because that's what he earns?

I know he's not a bright spark but not even a coke soaked, whoremongering gambling addict could accomplish that. And neither Pat nor Wayne are in that category.
    I see what you're doing wrong. You need to buy more cars, yachts and foreign properties.;) That'll get you over the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Didn't he have to pay 1-2 million euro for the field he claimed squatter's rights on? That probably put a bit of a dent in his earnings in the five years since.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Fcuking begrudgers.Pathetic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

I can see the man's point in fairness !

Has a major pad up Gorse Hill way...as a previous poster has mentioned the long legal battle for the adjoining field soaked up a lot of funds plus what he had to actually shell out for the property in the end.

Probably has a couple of overseas propertys plus a few additional gaffs in Ireland.

Mortgages on these....now the real problem for the likes of Pat and Gaybo is that the money that they had squirrelled away for the rainy day has taken a huge hit...probably had a bit of it in bank shares.

So delivering a fairly puny income by their standards......so no mystery why the man has to work on.

He is approaching 65 so he knows this question is going to come up....this is purely a pre-emptive strike...... probably on the advice of his PR people.

Still has "The Book" to fall back on if he needs a little extra wedge.....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

His brother! The pension ombudsman obiviously didn't advise him very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Great, let's send him to the front line in Afghanistan. Let's see how long the Taliban put up with that sh1t

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Two words when it comes to Pat Kenny not being able to retire & thats EXCESSIVE GREED.

The country has been built on it & now were suffering for it & will be for many a year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement