Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual(ie wierd) Confirmation names.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Mobhí
    Ninnidh (pronounced ninny)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Can't believe no one has mentioned:

St Tibulus.

Patron Saint of Father Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chauncey

There is also the little known but entirely genuine religious chap who was called Saint Rollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Mobhí
    Ninnidh (pronounced ninny)

Ninnidh is a well known Saint up north!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

My mate at the time chose my name as his confirmation name, as i have a weird name! He thought it be funny!

Strokeslover is a weird confirmation name alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Hullo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Chuck Norris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Saint Oswald... patron saint of snipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

My sister's a mad Harry Potter fan and picked Hedwig, I on the other hand had a slight Lost obsession at the time of my own confirmation. Ending up making up a name from Eve and St. Angela, and making Evangeline in honour of Evangeline Lily...

I wish I'd gone with Hedwig :rolleyes:

The little git wants to wear the blue suit out of dumb and dumber as well, he's a very religious young man and is taking the occasion extremly seriously. ish..

Slightly OT... but I just had my Debs this year and two of the lads showed up in the Dumb and Dumber suits... Local paper had a field day, the girls they brought with them (who didn't know of their suit choice), not so much!

• Advertisement

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Well mine was...mine was John.

Hold up, we got a badass over here! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Any key? wrote: »
    Sure thats the best part

Apart from the money, nothing could beat practically free money :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Eh....mother, singer, guitarist, doctor in Speech Therapy for the HSC and all round deadly person.

Tenner bets someone recognises her from the above.

She has all these earthly goods but she can't Tekakwitha when she passes on.

/St. Getzcote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

When I did confirmation we werent allowed to choose a name instead we got to choose something and were given the name of whoever was the patron saint of it. We nearly all went with animals and were forced to take the name francis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

There's some really cool ones here. I wonder if you can keep the whole name rather than just the boring bit? If your confirmation name is Michael, named after Michael the Archangel, and say your name was George, could you insist on priests referring to you as George Michael The Archangel.... Murphy or whatever your last name is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

It doesn't have to be a Saint's name to get past the church though does it? As I know a girl who took 'Melissa' after your one in Home and Away.

What's the point of it at all, seems a bit of a mockery e.g Hedwig etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

As if it really matters anyway... all kids are concerned about these days are having a semi-cool name and getting plenty of money. It's a hollow, meaningless thing for most people nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

It doesn't have to be a Saint's name to get past the church though does it? As I know a girl who took 'Melissa' after your one in Home and Away.

What's the point of it at all, seems a bit of a mockery e.g Hedwig etc!

i took melissa but to take it i had to add a saints name too....

my cousin took 'Wolfgang' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

DazMarz wrote: »
    As if it really matters anyway... all kids are concerned about these days are having a semi-cool name and getting plenty of money. It's a hollow, meaningless thing for most people nowadays.

I don't think many 12 year olds could ever understand that what confirmation is; confirming their indoctrination into the church. I made my confirmation back in the late 90's and all I gave a **** about was getting money for Playstation games, Oasis tapes and wrestling videos, so it's hardly a new phenomenon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement