Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual(ie wierd) Confirmation names.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

St. WolfGang

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

St. Zachariah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

GarIT wrote: »
    St. WolfGang
    Cool, apparently:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I took 'Fidelma'. I honestly don't know what I was on at the time.

if it's ok with you, I'm keeping you as Teyla in my mind.. Fidelma just doesn't have the same cachet..:D

The little git wants to wear the blue suit out of dumb and dumber as well, he's a very religious young man and is taking the occasion extremly seriously. ish..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Pottler wrote: »
    H....................... so anyone else got a good name they picked for their confo,(that was accepted by the bish) or know a Saint with a wierd name?:) Much appreciated, etc etc.

I know a few saints but none of them have weird names, just Patrick and the like

Witchie wrote: »
    My son took Fechin. He was a saint from Mayo and Termonfeckin is named after him.

:pac:

A Glenroe Buzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Torres9

St Abortion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Beelzebub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

St. Ledger. ;)

Actually that reminds me of something. There was a story going around where I am from that these two lads took the names Rivaldo and Ronaldo as their confirmation names when they made theirs a good nearly 10 years ago....I know of it cuz my brother was making his around the same time and he heard it from somewhere. I actually found out from a classmate of theirs through soccer a few years back when I played at this local club that it actually was true and it was from a bet on who would score more goals in the World Cup the year before. The winner of the bet got to choose which of the two names he wanted....apparently there was no problems with the church etc. as long as the lads were happy and their parents were too :P F*cking epic if you ask me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

St Aloysius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

A girl in my class (1978 ish) took Elvis as her confirmation name..

Bishop was not impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

foxinsox wrote: »
    A girl in my class (1978 ish) took Elvis as her confirmation name..

Bishop was not impressed!

Yeah, a few in my class got away with Madonna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

TheComeUp wrote: »
    St. Ledger. ;)

Actually that reminds me of something. There was a story going around where I am from that these two lads took the names Rivaldo and Ronaldo as their confirmation names when they made theirs a good nearly 10 years ago....I know of it cuz my brother was making his around the same time and he heard it from somewhere. I actually found out from a classmate of theirs through soccer a few years back when I played at this local club that it actually was true and it was from a bet on who would score more goals in the World Cup the year before. The winner of the bet got to choose which of the two names he wanted....apparently there was no problems with the church etc. as long as the lads were happy and their parents were too :P F*cking epic if you ask me..

thats brillant :pac: why didn't l think of that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

:DMy username is his nickname, that's where it came from, he's Mr Pottler. I'm wondering how well Judas would go over on the day.
    When I did mine, my best mates alcoholic axe-murderer dad actually turned up for the ceremony(which was a first). As the Bishop droned on, he could be heard loudly excaliming "ah for god sake, get on with it ya old bollix". Us kids laughed our holes off, but the olds were not impressed.

A friend of mine was standing for his niece , she picked the name "Tara" ... when the bishop asked her why...her answer was ' cause we went on our school tour to the Hill of Tara and I liked the name '.

His wife told us that she thought he was going to have a heart attack with the laughing.

Any theories on where I get a baby blue dress suit with a frilly fronted 70's shirt from to fit a 12 year old?:) Ah, another day of shame for the pottler family. Eventually the school will get sense and stop making allowing us do stuff like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm pretty sure there's a Saint Rudolph ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Any theories on where I get a baby blue dress suit with a frilly fronted 70's shirt from to fit a 12 year old?:) Ah, another day of shame for the pottler family. Eventually the school will get sense and stop making allowing us do stuff like this.

If you have any sense get one for yourself too Pottler.Might as well be hung for a sheep and all that.....

mattjack wrote: »
    If you have any sense get one for yourself too Pottler.Might as well be hung for a sheep and all that.....
    The only reason I get let into the place is bacause I donate dosh, tbh. I turned into my mates dad when I got older. Almost literally. I picked Matthew as mine, yawns, now I want Wolfgang, just to know it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

St. Todd Unctious

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

St Hubbins: The patron saint of quality footwear.

• Advertisement

ball wrote: »
    St Hubbins: The patron saint of quality footwear.
    I thought that was St. Louboutin?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

My nephew chose Maximus a few years ago. Inspired by St. Russell of the Crowes.

Chose a name not identified with his gender.

It's all subjective and of course names outside of the culture can seem "Unusual or weird" but chose the fullname of the Saint adds to a formality.
    St. Zosimas of Palestine
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zosimas_of_Palestine

Or a modern Saint Raphael of Brooklyn (b.1860, d. 1915)(referencing Mutant Ninja Turtles,martin Scorcese and some Renaissance artist).
    he could amend the name to St. Raphael of New York.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphael_of_Brooklyn

The above two saints are Orthodox but still celebrated.

Roman Catholic Saints from Palestine
    http://top-topics.thefullwiki.org/Palestinian_Roman_Catholic_saints

List of Armenian Saints
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Armenian_saints

List of Syrian Saints
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Syrian_saints

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

My favourite saint name is Drogo, who is the patron saint of ugly people! :P Can't go wrong with Lucifer though, one I considered. There's Lucifer of Cagliari according to Wikipedia, an actual saint!

I ended up going with Oscar-Salvador myself, after Wilde and Dali!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

One of my best mates took Kateri Tekakwitha for her Confirmation. She was always really advanced for her age and wore docs and was into Nirvana before even hitting secondary (this was 1993). She was cool before we even knew what cool was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kateri_Tekakwitha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    One of my best mates took Kateri Tekakwitha for her Confirmation. She was always really advanced for her age and wore docs and was into Nirvana before even hitting secondary (this was 1993). She was cool before we even knew what cool was.

What's she doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

St. URSUS

So he can be "arse" until that stops being funny and then become "The Bear" (latin:ursus) when he gets his first chest hair :D

Eve_Dublin wrote: »

Well Holy God.:D I can't even pronounce it, so there's no hope spelling it on the forms(are there forms?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

St Mungo, patron saint of Glasgow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

What's she doing now?

Eh....mother, singer, guitarist, doctor in Speech Therapy for the HSC and all round deadly person.

Tenner bets someone recognises her from the above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement