Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

131 Reg Cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

that looks terrible. the reg that is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Text still isn't centred!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Fair play to him........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Is this going to continue as in 141 for 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭kirving

Let me guess, minimum spec with no options? The 1.0l would be something different at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Neilw wrote: »
    Is this going to continue as in 141 for 2014?
    Yep. Its to create 2 sales periods - january and july 131 and 132.
    That chap will have to buy 2 cars per year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see the Department Of Transports website Motortax.ie have taken down their motor tax rates page where you put in the reg and it told you the rate for your car because their system can't cope with the 3 digits for the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Let me guess, minimum spec with no options? The 1.0l would be something different at least!

Motorcheck doesn't have the regular yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Without the dashes, that would look a bit like a pre-1987-style registration... "131 LSI"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

You know its new years day when Jomcc starts the annual "xx/x ls 201 1 is a new Focus" thread :D

Whoever makes the plates ought to be sacked!

• Advertisement

I don't think it'll even help sales all that much. If you're in the market for a new car, 6 months isn't that long to wait to get a 141 reg as opposed to a 132 reg, so people will hold out till the next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I don't think it'll even help sales all that much. If you're in the market for a new car, 6 months isn't that long to wait to get a 141 reg as opposed to a 132 reg, so people will hold out till the next year.

Sure you might as well wait for a 142 then. If you're in the market for a new car, 6 months isn't that long to wait to get a...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Who'll buy 131 cars in May/June now? So summer will be dead for sales

testicle wrote: »
    Sure you might as well wait for a 142 then. If you're in the market for a new car, 6 months isn't that long to wait to get a...

Well the time gap between reg's changing being short is part of the problem, a change in year is still a bigger jump than changing the last digit.

The only way to really confuse people, and make them forget about the registration year is to switch to just number, which goes up by 1 every 5, 7 or 9 months, just to mess with peoples heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Now, I'm not a scientician, or a Car Salesologist, so SIMI probably knows better than I, BUT would the poor cars sales have anything to do with the fact that people mightn't have €20k+ to shell out for a new car every year (or the banks won't give it to them)?

Or that there seems to be very poor value in new cars, with people being charged through the roof for extras.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You guess wrong. Seems to have alloys and fog lights.

1.0T won't sell big - the prices are very similar to corresponding 1.6TDCI diesels.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Or that there seems to be very poor value in new cars, with people being charged through the roof for extras.

Not sure about optional extras costs but there does seem to be decent deals with servicing thrown in for 3 years and some giving deals with free fuel etc. Years gone by you were lucky to get the first inspection service for free.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Judge Weiner

RayM wrote: »
    Without the dashes, that would look a bit like a pre-1987-style registration... "131 LSI"
    Are the dashes legally required?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Took your time getting this up OP :)

1.0T won't sell big - the prices are very similar to corresponding 1.6TDCI diesels.

Did I see somewhere that the 1.0T had ridiculous emissions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Did I see somewhere that the 1.0T had ridiculous emissions?

No. It has very low emissions, and low road tax. The issue is the price relative to 1.6TDCI's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

The number looks like I3I-LS-I, can's see the 131 mentioned :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I see the Department Of Transports website Motortax.ie have taken down their motor tax rates page where you put in the reg and it told you the rate for your car because their system can't cope with the 3 digits for the year :D

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/motortaxinforeg.do;)

No. It has very low emissions, and low road tax. The issue is the price relative to 1.6TDCI's.

Because it's all about the turf burners in this country.

I thought I read somewhere that the 1.0T was putting out 271PPM Co2. It was around the time the 1.0T kit car did the 'Ring faster than the Enzo.

Because it's all about the turf burners in this country.

I thought I read somewhere that the 1.0T was putting out 271PPM Co2. It was around the time the 1.0T kit car did the 'Ring faster than the Enzo.

Both power outputs (100 and 125bhp) are band A (2012) I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Edge pack is free at the moment. Don't think anyone buys the very basic model, so that is about as low a spec as you'd get.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 1.0 litre petrol will still have some appeal to someone doing mostly city driving though. Granted, this will be a minority who don't just follow the herd and buy a diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Don't forget the mahossive spoiler! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Has JJ Kavanagh given up buying new buses with the number 1 reg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

He'd have to reserve those @ a grand a pop!

Advertisement